Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Big Radius 2 into 2  (Read 11796 times)

jlsnyderCVO

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Big Radius 2 into 2
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2013, 03:55:48 PM »

Don't line up correctly how?

On the non-Breakout version, the gap between the pipes becomes smaller as you get closer to the end, and then the tips don't line up correctly.  I thought this could be corrected by modifying the frame bracket, but I discovered that the front header pipe was too short for the mod to look right.  So after kicking myself for not waiting, I pulled the new/old pipes off and installed the correct set.  Also, while switching out the set I notice both header pipes are different, the front pipe being almost an 1 1/2" longer, along with a different frame bracket that allows you to tuck the pipes closer to the bike. 

Maybe this isn't a big deal to most, but I have severe OCD and I wasn't about to ride a bike with crooked pipes...  :P
2013 CVO Breakout - SE120R
[/URL]
Please find my introduction post here:jlsnyderCVO BREAKOUT

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2013, 04:18:49 PM »

On the non-Breakout version, the gap between the pipes becomes smaller as you get closer to the end, and then the tips don't line up correctly.  I thought this could be corrected by modifying the frame bracket, but I discovered that the front header pipe was too short for the mod to look right.  So after kicking myself for not waiting, I pulled the new/old pipes off and installed the correct set.  Also, while switching out the set I notice both header pipes are different, the front pipe being almost an 1 1/2" longer, along with a different frame bracket that allows you to tuck the pipes closer to the bike.  

Maybe this isn't a big deal to most, but I have severe OCD and I wasn't about to ride a bike with crooked pipes...  :P

I can only speak for my case, but i am wondering if they labeled your original exhaust incorrectly. None of what you mention is the case with my installation.  perfect symmetry and alignment everywhere....I'm not sure which exhaust is in your picture, but mine look exactly like that-consistent spacing between front and rear exhaust all the way through the arc, and the same spacing between the end of the tips.

great exhaust for this bike.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 04:30:46 PM by Z06_Pilot »
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

jlsnyderCVO

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2013, 05:13:02 PM »

I can only speak for my case, but i am wondering if they labeled your original exhaust incorrectly. None of what you mention is the case with my installation.  perfect symmetry and alignment everywhere....I'm not sure which exhaust is in your picture, but mine look exactly like that-consistent spacing between front and rear exhaust all the way through the arc, and the same spacing between the end of the tips.

great exhaust for this bike.

Well, that's great to hear, because I've gone back and reviewed pictures of other Breakouts with these pipes and noticed the same problem.  Just trying to save others from my headache.  Anyway, the bigger story here is V&H is filling their back order log...  :coolblue:
[/URL]

cbdeluxe

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2013, 08:59:37 PM »

Ok, Now my OCD IS kicking in but what is that weird looking bend in the front header pipe right behind the cam cover?

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2013, 09:39:05 PM »

WTF!  I can't get a straight answer....they were supposed to be out today!

Bretto

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSBSE - Red ones go faster!
    • Rockhampton HOG
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2013, 04:31:49 AM »

On the non-Breakout version, the gap between the pipes becomes smaller as you get closer to the end, and then the tips don't line up correctly. 

:worthless: of the correct pipes installed
Cheers
Brett

2013 FXSBSE with ProCharger - Giddy Up!

jlsnyderCVO

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2013, 07:58:50 AM »

Ok, Now my OCD IS kicking in but what is that weird looking bend in the front header pipe right behind the cam cover?

They do have a sharper bend around the cam cover probably because of the added length.

WTF!  I can't get a straight answer....they were supposed to be out today!

They are filling back orders as we speak, mine came by surprise...

:worthless: of the correct pipes installed

The picture I posted is with the correct pipes.
[/URL]

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2013, 10:40:05 AM »

April 29th now....

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2013, 05:07:50 PM »

My dealer told me I was 83rd on the Drag back order list....I told the guy at Vance and Hines and he said that means I probably wont see them until mid to late May!

BreakoutCVOMan

« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2013, 01:26:36 PM »

I ordered a pipe from RB racing it will take 6-8 weeks so i also ordered some slip on mufflers for now because the bike is too quiet .
Ordered the same ones,more power but loud...5 weeks...

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2013, 05:54:54 PM »

I'm just going with the same pipes that Z06 put on his.  They have them in stock and there is no need for adapters.  They put the same set on a standard breakout to and the fit fine.  I'm just gonna send my freedom performance pipes back....thank god for the hassle free returns at Dennis Kirk.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.204 seconds with 21 queries.