Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Finally removed stupid rear reflector...  (Read 16105 times)

rodrocket

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout - Molten Silver / Black Diamond
    • CVO2: 2006 V Rod Destroyer
Re: Finally removed stupid rear reflector...
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2013, 10:25:59 PM »

Sorry - couldn't wait to see what the bike would look like without the reflectors (and the chairs while I was at it).

sss1-no reflectors-1024 by Cameron L., on Flickr

Looks great. Time to save up for the SGS and find out who can install them in NOVA.

KLBO - one question - Where did you end up installing the switches for the shock?

that looks great KLBO, cant wait for my bike to arrive as I already have the Shotgun

as Cam asked were did you mount the switches as I am not keen on mounting them under the tank near the horn

were those pic's taken with the bike at its lowest point ( DUMPED ) or can it be ridden that low, hope the guardian bell doesn't scrape on the ground now :-)

great looking ride with what I believe is the best colour combo

regards
Rod

KLB0

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2013, 10:48:56 PM »

That's awesome CAMCVO!  Thanks I will try to get those reflectors off next weekend.
2013 FXSBSE Black Diamond Molten Silver, VH Shortshot Staggered pipes, Power Vision tuner, Shotgun Shock,  Todd's 10" apes

KLB0

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2013, 10:57:51 PM »

Spent the afternoon  riding at different heights.  It was pretty stiff all the way up- then I let out some pressure and it did better.  I lowered it 2.5+ inches which rang my bell when loading on my trailer but other wise cleared the ramp then I  rode in town without issue and San Antonio has rough roads- never bottomed out.  I think I could bar hop and ride easy about 1 inch from the full lowered position. 
2013 FXSBSE Black Diamond Molten Silver, VH Shortshot Staggered pipes, Power Vision tuner, Shotgun Shock,  Todd's 10" apes

KLB0

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2013, 10:59:19 PM »

Here's some after ride shots

KLB0

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2013, 11:00:29 PM »

more

KLB0

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2013, 04:14:07 PM »

The suspension has not bottomed out even when riding all the way down.   I don't want to scrape anything so this is the height that seems to work.  Plus you can stiffen the ride at any height on the Shotgun suspension which is nice. 

KLB0

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2013, 04:15:15 PM »

more

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Softail Breakout - Black Diamond & Molten Silver
    • CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2013, 05:11:43 PM »

more
So nice!  Seems to also accentuate the 21" front wheel!
The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2013, 10:35:59 PM »

Man, that's one clean looking ride!  :2vrolijk_21:  And I'm kinda picky.  Well done.
Jesus is Lord

BaggerProud

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 banana
    • CVO2: 1994 FXSTC
    • CVO3: 1983 XLX
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2013, 06:43:49 AM »

Hey guys, I sure don't mean to be a downer on this cuz the bike looks 1000% better with the reflector removed BUT check your states laws. I know, first hand, that in South Carolina and West Virginia you must have 1 square inch of red reflector facing the rear of your bike. My kid brother checked in Ohio and it's the same. How do I know you ask?  :nixweiss:  A $95 fine in Horry county (Myrtle Beach) from a  :sauer021: LEO who just had to find something and from a decent WV Statie that had stopped my partner for a violation and gave me a heads up. It can be a 1 inch square of red reflector tape or 2 of those round reflectors that ya put on the license plate or what ever. I ended up going the 2nd route. If ya never run into Barney with an attitude  :2vrolijk_20: but if ya do .... Just sayin'
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 06:45:55 AM by BaggerProud »

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2013, 08:35:04 AM »

That's terrible. You should have acted like you were going for a concealed gun.   :goofy:
Jesus is Lord

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2013, 02:28:19 PM »

Or you could get the Cadillac of shocks, and have NO GAP!!... and a better ride and the ability to raise and lower...

www.shotgunshock.com  

These guys are awesome !
Just watch the videos and see the quality.  

Ratmonkey and KLBO...simply outstanding guys!

wow, that rear end finally looks like it should....I am all over this for sure... :bananarock:

It's great that you can firm up the ride w/o raising the height of the fender...

thanks to both of you for the great pictures...
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 02:35:36 PM by Z06_Pilot »
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2013, 02:40:22 PM »

So nice!  Seems to also accentuate the 21" front wheel!

I agree with you Speedy.....that front 21 is right in your face with this suspension....love it...
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

Fisherman

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout Hard Candy Gold
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2013, 12:31:13 PM »

Just watched the shotgunshock video, i have to say it  looks impressive 

KLB0

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2013, 01:28:38 PM »

TEXAS LAW:  
http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/TN/htm/TN.547.htm#547.325

SUBCHAPTER M. ADDITIONAL OR ALTERNATIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS FOR MOTORCYCLES AND MOTOR-DRIVEN CYCLES

Sec. 547.801.  LIGHTING EQUIPMENT.  (a)  A motorcycle, including a motor-driven cycle, shall be equipped with:
(1)  not more than two headlamps mounted at a height from 24 to 54 inches;
(2)  at least one taillamp mounted at a height from 20 to 72 inches;
(3)  a taillamp or separate lamp to illuminate the rear license plate that complies with the requirements of Sections 547.322(f) and (g);
(4)  at least one stoplamp that complies with the requirements of Section 547.323(d);  and
(5)  at least one rear red reflector that complies with the requirements of Section 547.325(b) and may be included as a part of the taillamp.
(b)  A motorcycle, other than a motor-driven cycle, shall be equipped with multiple-beam lighting equipment that produces:
(1)  an uppermost distribution of light that reveals a person or vehicle at a distance of at least 300 feet ahead;  and
(2)  a lowermost distribution of light that:
(A)  reveals a person or vehicle at a distance of at least 150 feet ahead;  and
(B)  is aimed so that no part of the high-intensity portion of the beam on the motorcycle that is on a straight and level road under any condition of loading projects into the eyes of an approaching vehicle operator.
(c)  A motor-driven cycle shall be equipped with:
(1)  multiple-beam lighting equipment that complies with the requirements of Subsection (b);  or
(2)  single-beam lighting equipment that:
(A)  emits light sufficient to reveal a person or vehicle:
(i)  at a distance of at least 100 feet when the cycle is operated at a speed less than 25 miles per hour;
(ii)  at a distance of at least 200 feet when the cycle is operated at a speed of 25 miles per hour or more;  and
(iii)  at a distance of at least 300 feet when the cycle is operated at a speed of 35 miles per hour or more;  and
(B)  is aimed so that no part of the high-intensity portion of the beam from the lamp on a loaded cycle projects a beam higher than the level center of the lamp for a distance of 25 feet ahead.
(d)  A motorcycle may not be operated at any time unless at least one headlamp on the motorcycle is illuminated.  This subsection does not apply to a motorcycle manufactured before the model year 1975.

Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 165, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1995.  Amended by Acts 1997, 75th Leg., ch. 782, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1997;  Acts 1999, 76th Leg., ch. 1022, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1999.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 01:32:01 PM by KLB0 »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 21 queries.