Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: STARTING ISSUE 2014 CVO BO  (Read 25190 times)

dahsen

• Elite CVO Member
    • QC

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout Sedona Sand
Re: STARTING ISSUE 2014 CVO BO
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2014, 08:53:39 AM »

I have the same problem on my Rocker C (96'').  It started doing this after an oil change...  Tried many things and finally found out that the oil level has to be a little under the bar.  Everytime I put to much oil, the problem gets back and I have to remove some oil.....

Don't Know if your cause is the same but.....   just wanted to share...

Dah

BreakoutCVO

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO Breakout
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2014, 01:22:43 AM »

Got mine in January new. Just had my first starting issue, turned over slow and didn't catch. Hit button again and this time turns over too slow to fire then clickkkkk. Put it on the charger for about half hour and it started. Took it out for a nice long ride to charge it up. Been a hellacious few weeks so its been sitting. Two weeks sitting however shouldn't cause this much drain right? I'm just going to plan on putting the trickle charger on it from now on. Maybe someone will come up with a good explaination why this is happening.
I've never been skydiving, but I have zoomed-in on Google Earth really really fast.

CVOBreak

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2014, 09:19:32 PM »

Got mine in January new. Just had my first starting issue, turned over slow and didn't catch. Hit button again and this time turns over too slow to fire then clickkkkk. Put it on the charger for about half hour and it started. Took it out for a nice long ride to charge it up. Been a hellacious few weeks so its been sitting. Two weeks sitting however shouldn't cause this much drain right? I'm just going to plan on putting the trickle charger on it from now on. Maybe someone will come up with a good explaination why this is happening.

Mine had the same issue after a while and at 3600 miles and 16 months old the battery was shot. it starts almost immediately now that the battery was replaced under warranty.
Just one more issue in a mountain of issues. Unless warranty covers it Harley is not going to get one more dime from me.

BreakoutCVO

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO Breakout
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2014, 08:22:37 AM »

Mine had the same issue after a while and at 3600 miles and 16 months old the battery was shot. it starts almost immediately now that the battery was replaced under warranty.
Just one more issue in a mountain of issues. Unless warranty covers it Harley is not going to get one more dime from me.

To me it sounds like my battery might just be a dud or too small cranking amps to begin with. When I hit it it turns over like once then hesitates a second then spins up and starts. Someone in this thread recommended pulling in the clutch as you start it so I am going to try that too, maybe it will help remove excess friction and allow it to spin. Haven't even had time to ride since my troubles the other day. At any rate my dealer is going to hear about it.
I've never been skydiving, but I have zoomed-in on Google Earth really really fast.

zigscvobo

• Full CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2014 BREAKOUT
    • CVO2: 2006 ROAD KING CUSTOM 95 INCHER
    • CVO3: 1981 CUSTOM SHOVELHEAD 80 INCHER
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2014, 12:15:32 PM »

REALLY? Pull in the clutch? The bike is in N when I start it.  :(

Snapperkid

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2014, 05:43:09 PM »

Bad battery or not enough cranking amps. Seems like the 110B has higher compression than the standard 110 in the touring. I would trickle or change battery.
2015 Road Glide Special
2014 Honda Goldwing (When moma rides!)
2013 Breakout CVO (Bar Hopper)
2013 Road King CVO (Sold)
2009 Ultra CVO (Sold)
2011 Road King Custom (Sold)
2012 Road Glide CVO (Sold)
2012 Street Glide CVO (Sold)
2011 Street Glide (Sold)
2009 Street Glide (Sold)
2009 Road Glide (Sold)
2002 Road King (Sold)
1994 Softtail Springer (Sold)
1972 Harley (Can't Remember)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2014, 07:11:00 PM »

Bad battery or not enough cranking amps. Seems like the 110B has higher compression than the standard 110 in the touring. I would trickle or change battery.

Nope, not higher compression.  But Softail batteries are smaller and of lower capacity than the Touring batteries.  Bikes that aren't ridden several times a week will probably benefit from being kept on a battery tender to make sure the battery remains fully charged.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

zigscvobo

• Full CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2014 BREAKOUT
    • CVO2: 2006 ROAD KING CUSTOM 95 INCHER
    • CVO3: 1981 CUSTOM SHOVELHEAD 80 INCHER
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2014, 11:33:59 AM »

Being that it has the factory alarm system on it I have kept on Battery tender on it from day 1. Seems that after bike is ridden it will start up pretty quick which might lead one to believe that it has charged the bike some.

Royalroadie

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KS

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2014, 04:11:35 PM »

REALLY? Pull in the clutch? The bike is in N when I start it.  :(

Even with the bike in neutral your clutch basket causes a large amount of drag on the starter.  If your battery is low, have a weak starter, high comp engine any of these things add drag to the motor when starting.  The faster it spins the easier it starts, period.  If you have a motor that is not starting easily pulling in the clutch will increase the starters speed by 10~20% on a cold motor.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 04:14:41 PM by Royalroadie »
V&H Power Dual Header
Rinehart 4"

HDBill

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OK

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2014, 06:42:01 PM »

Don't know if this is relative but my bike on first try cold would try to fire but die. Second or third time would start. After a long ride one day, about 3 hours, came home and went to leave again in about 15 min.and bike would not start at all. Wore the battery down where it wouldn't turn anymore. Took it for 1k service and dyno tune and they found it didn't have enough fuel pressure while doing the tune. It is still there waiting for new fuel pump..

Stevie B

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

• CVO1: 2005 CVO Fatboy
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Breakout
    • CVO3: 2008 Rocker C
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2014, 07:23:41 AM »

Same problem, went in for 1k service and they found that fuell presure was about 50 percent, put new feul pump in and it is much better now and is much more responsive, they also did a reflash but no dyno yet .

HDBill

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OK

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2014, 02:48:28 PM »

Stevie, did your bike have the same issues in the start of this thread? I too thought it might be acr or battery and it still may be. Just wondering.

Stevie B

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

• CVO1: 2005 CVO Fatboy
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Breakout
    • CVO3: 2008 Rocker C
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2014, 07:24:01 AM »

Stevie, did your bike have the same issues in the start of this thread? I too thought it might be acr or battery and it still may be. Just wondering.
Yes same issue it would pop through intake and took 3 or 4 try's to start when cold stared fine after warmed up.
also with rear cylinder deactivated in traffic it coughed and sputtered and would sometimes stall.engine seemed to crank over good so I don't think it has a battery problem.It also seems to run a little cooler now, It must have been extra lean before.
Hope this helps someone,everyone on this forum has some great info.

HDBill

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OK

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2014, 09:00:44 PM »

Thanks Stevie. Had identical issue only other thing was engine seemed to "catch" sometimes like not enough amps to starter or too much compression. It ran like chit when I first got it and returned to dealer. I told them then it seemed like a fuel issue then. They retuned it saying base maap wasn't any good, also an issue I saw others who had tuners ran into on this forum. Still didn't seem right but was somewhat better. Bought the bike at a dealer 3 hours away and had the SE pro kit installed. Then was informed they wouldn't dyno it till 1k but they charged for it in original price. Decided to have it dynoed at dealer here who did both my other bikes. Odd thing they wanted 7500 more for identical BO. Seriously?  After I bought 2 bikes and an additional 10k plus into each bike? Said you'll never sell me another bike. Their basic answer. We don't care. The stupidity that infected their front end hasn't seemed to effect the service department. Sure hope they don't prove me wrong.

ChopperPilot

• 1K CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2023 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2020 FLHXSE (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2014 FXSBSE (Sold)
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2014, 10:08:23 AM »

Mine seems to be slow to turn over, like the battery is weak.  I rode Sunday and had not been able to ride for 6 days, on the second start after riding for a while it turned over fine.  Pretty sure my issue is battery related, or just need to keep on a trickle charger when I'm gone the whole week.

2023 CVO Street Glide
Whiskey Neat
Khrome Werks Duals

2019 Heritage Classic 114 Special
Silver Flux and Black Fuse
Rinehart 2 into 1 Pipe
Screamin' Eagle Super Tuner

2014 CVO Breakout
Hard Candy Sedona Sand and Blaze Orange
Vance & Hines Big Radius 2 into 2 Pipes
Screamin' Eagle Super Tuner
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 21 queries.