Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: LED Turn Signals  (Read 863 times)

InfernoCVO

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 FXSTSSE2
    • CVO2: 2012 cvo street glide
LED Turn Signals
« on: April 11, 2019, 12:47:53 PM »

looking to add aux lighting and bullet led turn signals on my 2012 SG, they are telling me that the turn signals won't work on the 12, Harley has them listed for the 14 and up. Has anyone done this?

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
Re: LED Turn Signals
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 01:01:51 PM »

I put custom dynamics dynamic ringz on my 2013, replacing the incandescents in the front.  to make them work properly, I had to use a signal stabilizer.  I don't see why yours would be any different.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 01:27:17 PM »

I put custom dynamics dynamic ringz on my 2013, replacing the incandescents in the front.  to make them work properly, I had to use a signal stabilizer.  I don't see why yours would be any different.
Bought the CD load equalizer on their advise that I'd need it......tried without it.....it 'learned' to work properly with a few signal cycles.....load equalizer is somewhere in the garage...2012FLHXSE3.....Ringz still work as they should

« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 01:50:42 PM by dayne66 »
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

InfernoCVO

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 FXSTSSE2
    • CVO2: 2012 cvo street glide
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 01:31:58 PM »

that's what I was thinking, already have hog works led but they are not very noticeable in my opinion, after a few close calls I thought I would change and stay Harley but maybe aftermarket is the way to go. Thanks

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 01:52:06 PM »

that's what I was thinking, already have hog works led but they are not very noticeable in my opinion, after a few close calls I thought I would change and stay Harley but maybe aftermarket is the way to go. Thanks
If you end up needing the equalizer.....let me know.....1/2 price and you pay shipping
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

bigchuck

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 Limited
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2019, 03:02:04 PM »

A friend just put Ciro3D on his 2013 non-CVO Roadglide. When he installed the front turns(like Ringz) it worked fine without load stabilizer but when he did rear he had to install load stabilizer. You can't go wrong with Custom Dynamics but Ciro3D is a quality product. He wanted to be seen at night and got this on rear.
2015 CVO Limited
Long Ride Shield
Fullsac dx w/2"cores, TTS tuned by Wolfgang
Super Shox

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2019, 09:28:19 PM »

Bought the CD load equalizer on their advise that I'd need it......tried without it.....it 'learned' to work properly with a few signal cycles.....load equalizer is somewhere in the garage...2012FLHXSE3.....Ringz still work as they should

my 2013 came stock with the led's in the rear and incandescents in the front.  when i put the dynamic ringz in the front, they would sometimes work right, sometimes flash fast, and sometimes throw a code for the tssm.  so i used their signal stabilizer, and it sorted things right out for me.  i guess some get lucky, and most don't.....
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 22 queries.