Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Custom Dynamics Lighting  (Read 1931 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Custom Dynamics Lighting
« on: February 29, 2012, 05:47:18 PM »

I'm wanting to put an LED taillight on the bike...I've looked at the HD versions, the Badasslight, etc., and have about settled on the Custom Dynamics Genesis II plug and play.  They make it in two different styles to fit the FLH models...the regular squareback, and the Laydown.  I'm going to keep the thing all red with the tag light "window" on top, like stock (all the other light lenses on the rear of the bike are red, other than the turn signals).  I'm leaning towards the Laydown version to add a little symmetry to the flow of the rear fender, but wondered if anyone has done this and if so, is there any visible difference from the rear in light output.  I would guess than they compensate for the laydown by a slightly different lens/reflection method in manufacturing.  Thoughts?  Look at the Red Laydown Window version compared to the regular square version here:

http://www.customdynamics.com/street_magic_harley_davidson_led_taillights.htm

Separate question:  Has anyone put the Custom Dynamics Dynamic Ringz to replace their front turn signal lamps?  http://www.customdynamics.com/harley_turn_signal_retro.htm  Scroll down and look at the short video...basically, there is a ring of 24 white (6000K) lights around the outside of the replacement "bulb" and 24 amber LEDs for the turn signal.  The white ring turns off when you activate the turn signal, of course.  I am not thinking that the ring lights will provide more light on the road surface...that's not the point...but that it might provide more visibility in daytime riding, since the RG does not have the AUX lights.  I cannot afford the Headwinds, Motolights, or similar at this time.  Thoughts about whether this would be an effective way to add additional daytime visibility?  Or, a waste of money because they are set so far back on the RG fairing?

My intent is to do HID 6000K headlights, Red LED taillight (perhaps with the controller to make them flash however many times, then go steady), amber LED rear turn signals, and either these Ringz LED's, or just amber LED run/turn signals on the front.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
Re: Custom Dynamics Lighting
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 07:36:41 PM »

I have the lay down in smoke on mine. It is very bright in comparison to stock. I went with the lay down because I primarily ride with my tour pak off. I'm happy with it.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 09:39:32 PM »

I have had the white (6000K) front led inserts from Custom Dynamics in my RG for a couple years. Got them when Dave first started selling them. They blink from 100% to zero, which is different than stock turn signals which go from 30% to 100% (roughly). Mine run @100% all the time until the turn signals are turned on then they blink off. You really notice them at night when you come to a road sign and it will glow like you have xenon headlamps. Custom Dynamics to me, are the top of the line, best warranty I have ever seen and good people who remember you every time they see you at a rallye.

09 S/T FLTRSE3

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 Silver/ Titanium FLTRSE3
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 01:50:08 AM »

I have had the white (6000K) front led inserts from Custom Dynamics in my RG for a couple years. Got them when Dave first started selling them. They blink from 100% to zero, which is different than stock turn signals which go from 30% to 100% (roughly). Mine run @100% all the time until the turn signals are turned on then they blink off. You really notice them at night when you come to a road sign and it will glow like you have xenon headlamps. Custom Dynamics to me, are the top of the line, best warranty I have ever seen and good people who remember you every time they see you at a rallye.

Did you have to add a load equalizer when you installed the LEDs in the front turn signals?

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 03:22:15 PM »

You'll need a load equalizer for turn signals, as the bike sees the LED's as a burned out bulb, so the signals blink faster than normal without the LE.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2012, 07:40:58 AM »

I ordered CD's white LED Ring but i am going to use them as running lights not turn signals, I'm going to Thunder Beach in Panama City first wk in May, They are going to be there as well, going to check out their LED Headlight to see what it looks like, I might change it out while i'm there.
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO ROADGLIDE
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 08:47:34 AM »

You can really see these LEDs at night and in the DAY!

I love mine, and priced right too.

YELLOWBIRD
2009 SCREAMIN' EAGLE CVO ROAD GLIDE FLTRSE3 117" PRO RACE
(1 OF ONLY 369 US) "LAST YEAR OF THE HAND BUILT"

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2012, 09:16:17 AM »

You can really see these LEDs at night and in the DAY!

I love mine, and priced right too.

YELLOWBIRD

Sounds good, Thats what i'm looking for.  :2vrolijk_21:
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2012, 08:44:07 PM »

Sorry for the delay, yes I actually used a Kurakyn equalizer that a buddy had extra, just went to HD dealer and bought a male and female turn signal plug end and made a "TEE" that I plugged inline with the wires where the turn signal plugs into the harness. Took a few minutes but it has been in there now for along time with no problems. But I think Dave with Custom Dynamics has a plug-in unit for this now that he sells. I am just cheap and made mine for $1.89 (cost of plug ends).

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 22 queries.