Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Author Topic: "How To" Aux Input Jack Moved to Back of Radio  (Read 61601 times)

BK

• Senior CVO Member
Re: "How To" Aux Input Jack Moved to Back of Radio
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2006, 11:50:22 AM »

Sweet and the pictures really help - just finished hacking my friends and it works GREAT!!!

hogheritage04

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's not the destination, but rather the journey
    • CA

• CVO1: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2006, 01:16:37 PM »

Couple of questions: 1. The description you are showing, is this on the Harmon Kardon radio? 2. What should I ask for, for the connector cord that comes out the back of the radio?  3.  Are you saying to cut the brown wire so that it will stop at the AUX postion?  Why is that?  4.  How hard is it to get the radio out of the dash and what is required to get it out?  Appreciate the help, I have a Garmin GPS hooked up and have had to tie into the front AUX port with the wire hanging around my bars. I've been wanting to get that wire behind the fairing since I got the bike.  Thanks again. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2006, 01:31:00 PM »

Couple of questions: 1. The description you are showing, is this on the Harmon Kardon radio? 2. What should I ask for, for the connector cord that comes out the back of the radio?

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2006, 04:20:23 PM »

Jim, I will be anxiously awaiting you doing an HK radio, as I need to do this to mine now. the black cord was not noticable on the black inner fairing...'till I put the chrome face plate on the radio and surrounding guages... :(

Have no earthly idear where to get a schematic for the HK.... [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

hogheritage04

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's not the destination, but rather the journey
    • CA

• CVO1: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2006, 01:39:35 PM »

Great, thanks for the answers.  I was pretty sure, based on the pictures that this wasn't the HK radio.  I will be anxiously awaiting your detailed description for doing the same with the HK.  Thanks for all your help, and will look forward to your post.  [smiley=drink.gif]

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2006, 09:45:28 PM »

I am assuming that the reason for this is to have say your IPOD (which I have no problems with but would be curious as to how to turn the equalizer off or to flat - I have the IPOD MINI) and a GPS running audio at the same time.

Question: Having your GPS run thru the new Aux at the back and your MP3 player thru the front, what happens when your GPS starts to talk to you? Does the MP3 player mute or would you hear both at the same time?

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2006, 01:07:33 AM »

I am assuming that the reason for this is to have say your IPOD (which I have no problems with but would be curious as to how to turn the equalizer off or to flat - I have the IPOD MINI) and a GPS running audio at the same time.

Question: Having your GPS run thru the new Aux at the back and your MP3 player thru the front, what happens when your GPS starts to talk to you? Does the MP3 player mute or would you hear both at the same time?

Both inputs work simultaneously so you would hear them both......

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 . . . . . Fullsac X-Pipe - 2.25" baffles - Fueling 574 Cam's - TTS Tuner - 30 Tooth Pully W/Stock Belt- Wild One 575 Bars - Chrome Inner Primary - Kuryakyn Plate frame 9182 - Diamond Engineering Polished SS Bolt Kit - 8" Windvest - Black Agitator
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2006, 01:35:40 AM »

Thanks a ton, did it tonight and it works great. For the record, I use an Ipod and it sounds great, just watch your volume and your eq settings. FAST

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2006, 11:35:42 AM »

The wire codes are as follows:
1 = Right Channel +
2 = Left Channel +
3 = Common Audio -
4 = Plug sense

So, just to confirm, for the wires from the Radio Shack cord, it looks like it goes:

Red to 1
White to 2
Black to 3

Correct?

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2006, 12:02:48 PM »

So, just to confirm, for the wires from the Radio Shack cord, it looks like it goes:

Red to 1
White to 2
Black to 3

Correct?

Brian;
The RS cord I have uses different colors. Its best to use a volt ohm meter to see what is what. The tip of the 1/8" plug is left +, the center is right +, and the section closest to the plug is common -

Bungy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Keep your stick on the ice
    • AB

• CVO1: '08 SEUC annie
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2006, 12:19:43 PM »

I soldered my wires directly to the board & used a 1/8" panel jack (looks exactly like the one in the front). Then installed it in a hole I drilled in the back of the case. Looks like it came that way from the factory!
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2006, 01:02:21 PM »

Sheeeeit!

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2006, 01:12:50 PM »

Sheeeeit!

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2006, 01:20:13 PM »

No, just got the covers off and then went into a state of shock that I haven't recovered from yet. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  Gotta run up to RS now and see if I wanna use the cord like you did or a jack like Bungy was talking about.

D@mn, may have to get a new soldering iron with a smaller tip and smaller dia. solder, too.  Used to mess around with electronic stuff all the time when I was a kid, but I'm sure it wasn't this miniature then.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2006, 10:58:50 PM »

Hey, Jim, I got everything soldered up tonight and powered it up to see if it worked . . . . . . it DID! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Thanks for the post on what was left +, right + and common -.  That really helped since I went with a panel jack on mine.  I still need to mount the jack and re-silicone everthing back up, so I'll take a few shot of what I did while I'm doing that in a few days here.

This is a "must do" mod for anyone running a permanent aux. input, such as the Harley MP3 player like I have.  Really cleans up the look of the dash not to have a wire runnining into the front of the radio! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 21 queries.