Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Selling my car - buyer offering cashier's check  (Read 4947 times)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
Re: Selling my car - buyer offering cashier's check
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2009, 09:59:45 AM »

You should not get schtupted in this current market looking for one..a little leg work and know what you want before wasting heartbeats at a dealer...

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2009, 01:32:57 PM »

Thanks everyone.  They showed up with a bag full of cash.  I had them hold onto it and took them to the bank and let the cashier count it.  Let's just say I was at the bank for a while letting that poor guy count out the cash.  Put it straight into my account and then came back to hand over the car.  They didn't even want to take it for a test ride, or even start it for that matter.  They told me it's the first time they have ever gone to a private seller and the car turned out to be "as advertised".  It almost brought a tear to my eyes watching it drive away.

They literally had a bag full of 1's, 5's, 10's, 20's, 50's, and 100's just thrown into a garbage bag.  The teller was not happy and I'm surprised that he didn't send us on our way, but it was too big a deposit to let us walk away and I have too much in that bank for them to piss me off.  Well, now it's time to cancel the insurance.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2009, 01:41:28 PM »

.  Well, now it's time to cancel the insurance.

And notify the state you no longer have interest in the vehicle.

Our state has a form, but not sure all states do.  Avoids liability on all fronts, parking tickets, accidents, etc.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2009, 01:47:33 PM »

And notify the state you no longer have interest in the vehicle.

Our state has a form, but not sure all states do.  Avoids liability on all fronts, parking tickets, accidents, etc.

I was just heading to the state's website next, to find out what they require with the plate, etc.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2009, 01:49:43 PM »

I was just heading to the state's website next, to find out what they require with the plate, etc.
:2vrolijk_21:

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2009, 01:57:02 PM »

:2vrolijk_21:

That was easy.  I just have to stop up to the local AAA office with my owner's card and they will take the plate from me.

07street

• Full CVO Member
    • http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t18/04mastiff/
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2009, 03:13:20 PM »

glad to hear all went well

by the way that was a beautiful car you sold

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2009, 02:15:55 AM »

When the guys walked in the garage to look at my car, one of the guys said right away, "Wow, a Screamin' Eagle.  It must be really old.  I've never even seen those colors before"  I said, "yeah, it's old...4 months old".  I didn't quite know whether to take that as an insult or not.  My bike was completely polished and shining like new.  I guess he had to think that I really kept that bike nice for it to be old and looking that good.

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2009, 05:20:54 AM »

No Dave, he said "you must be really old" lol. good job on the sale. You might want to check out land rover, they have the LR2's reasonable if you get a demo.  we are on our 3rd LR and have had good luck with them as long as you negotiate the service on them. got mine free service for 3 years.
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2009, 09:18:19 AM »

No Dave, he said "you must be really old" lol. good job on the sale. You might want to check out land rover, they have the LR2's reasonable if you get a demo.  we are on our 3rd LR and have had good luck with them as long as you negotiate the service on them. got mine free service for 3 years.

The service manager at the dealer took me aside and showed me stats on vehicle problems and repairs.  Land Rover's were at the absolute bottom of the list of all vehicle makes (bottom of this list was not good).  He told me that they cannot seem to keep these out of the shop.  He told me to stick with BMW (also sold there) or go buy a Honda or Toyota.  The guy in the office next to me bought a new Land Rover last year and he was driving a courtesy loaner way more often than his vehicle.  As much as I like the looks of them, those 2 have scared me away from buying one.  I was telling the former service writer for Jags at that dealer (he's now a  service writer at a Harley dealer) what his old boss told me.  He said, for once, he was right.  He told me they are a problem waiting to happen.  You're on your 3rd one and happy, so I just don't know.  I guess I had just removed them from my possibility list.  Beyond that, I'm getting tired of taking a beating on the depreciation on these high dollar vehicles.  I have no idea what I will even look at, or I may just keep what I have for a while.  I just don't seem to have cars on the mind like I do bikes.

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2009, 10:35:35 AM »

i agreewith the service problems. 1st one was a nightmare. but since have negotiated the free service thing since. it has not been a problem since. besides, with the wife being from England, its a british thing. shes looking at getting the 09 UC in hot sunglow red to mach the LR.  go figure.
yes, i have very thick skin but all is good. no prob.
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2009, 10:58:45 AM »

i agreewith the service problems. 1st one was a nightmare. but since have negotiated the free service thing since. it has not been a problem since. besides, with the wife being from England, its a british thing. shes looking at getting the 09 UC in hot sunglow red to mach the LR.  go figure.
yes, i have very thick skin but all is good. no prob.

Why did you go and do this to me?  I was just looking at the Land Rover site and I really do like the looks of them.  I walked away and didn't turn back, and now you have me thinking about them again.  The LR2 would be just what I'm looking for too.  How did you get the free service agreement?  The guy that gave me the bad news on the Land Rovers was actually the Operations Manager for the entire dealership and he has since been let go (probably for telling people not to buy LR's).  I don't think I can get any kind of deal at my local dealer, and I probably could if I traveled to Bobby Rahal's, but they are over 30 miles away, whereas the other dealer is 3 miles from me.  It's kind of a service headache to have to go that far when I don't have to.  I suppose at some point I need to start looking around.  There's a lot of nice looking vehicles out there now, but I don't have any pressure to make me move quickly.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.236 seconds with 21 queries.