Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Bugatti Veyron  (Read 3716 times)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Bugatti Veyron
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2012, 05:32:15 PM »

Id be happy just to test drive one

Me too!

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2012, 05:33:39 PM »

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2012, 05:34:57 PM »

Me too!

i didn't say go swiming with one..  And i promise, if i test drove one, it wouldn't end up in a lake    :'(

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2012, 05:35:38 PM »

i didn't say go swiming with one..  And i promise, if i test drove one, it wouldn't end up in a lake    :'(

Me either.

Would make sure my insurance was paid up first...

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2012, 05:45:14 PM »

Me either.

Would make sure my insurance was paid up first...

can you imagine what insurance would cost for one???..    :'(

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2012, 05:51:58 PM »

can you imagine what insurance would cost for one???..    :'(
Most Insurance accepts PayPal.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2012, 05:54:30 PM »

Why not all? :nixweiss:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2012, 06:12:44 PM »

can you imagine what insurance would cost for one???..    :'(

Around $3880 a month or so for insurance, depending on the driving record & maybe a safe driver course discount.   8)

Routine yearly maintenance is only $21k.  Tire life is about 2500 miles & they run $31k a set. Every 10k miles the cost for a new set of wheels is about $50k.  In CA (or a state that requires autos to pay property tax) the taxes run about $50k a year.  Am not sure how much of that could be paid on Paypal, but probably most of it could be worked out, except for the taxes, due to some governments being sorta provincial about the way they collect their tax monies by giving preference to certain semi-antiquated methods.

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2012, 07:39:49 PM »

Around $3880 a month or so for insurance, depending on the driving record & maybe a safe driver course discount.   8)

Routine yearly maintenance is only $21k.  Tire life is about 2500 miles & they run $31k a set. Every 10k miles the cost for a new set of wheels is about $50k.  In CA (or a state that requires autos to pay property tax) the taxes run about $50k a year.  Am not sure how much of that could be paid on Paypal, but probably most of it could be worked out, except for the taxes, due to some governments being sorta provincial about the way they collect their tax monies by giving preference to certain semi-antiquated methods.

no wonder why the guy wanted to ditch it in a lake    :'(

http://jalopnik.com/5863531/man-intentionally-drove-22-million-bugatti-veyron-into-lake

check the video out in the article
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 12:29:28 AM by cvobiker »

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2013, 09:24:04 AM »

no wonder why the guy wanted to ditch it in a lake    :'(

http://jalopnik.com/5863531/man-intentionally-drove-22-million-bugatti-veyron-into-lake

check the video out in the article

Trial was delayed unexpectedly acording to this:
http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/insurance-trial-delayed-lagoon-crash-1-million-bugatti-153312889.html

His using the "low flying pelican" defense is understandable, when you consider the generally bad rap that pelicans get for their habit of being very low flyers.  Except there are no pelicans in the video, which could mean that he just thought he saw a pelican, or that his entire story is a huge crock of bullchit & he realized after 2,000 miles he would start having major maintenance bills so he decided to give his ride an unholy saltwater baptism to scam his insurance company.

Also mentions in your link that the guy drove the car to bike rallies.  There is a lesson here for all of us.  Not really sure what that is though.  But there has to be one somewhere, otherwise this thread appears to be wandering aimlessly, without any pie or bacon or boob redeeming factors even.

;D

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2013, 09:34:28 AM »

I bought a pelican using PayPal once, it was stuffed, not one of those low flying ones you speak of so I was disappointed... I contacted the woman I bought it from and she was very understanding, she told me that if I shipped it back to her at my own expense, she would credit my Paypal account at no extra cost to me.

Nice lady!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2013, 09:53:50 AM »

;D Only one of the many conveniences using PP offers it's users!  Watching low flying pelicans splat landing then trying to swallow a fish larger than they are able to easily eat is a past time - not so much here by the pool - usually when sitting enjoying a frosty cold beverage near the ocean & now hoping maybe some doofus driving his million dollar car will drive it into the water..... 

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2013, 10:42:17 AM »

;D Only one of the many conveniences using PP offers it's users!  Watching low flying pelicans splat landing then trying to swallow a fish larger than they are able to easily eat is a past time - not so much here by the pool - usually when sitting enjoying a frosty cold beverage near the ocean & now hoping maybe some doofus driving his million dollar car will drive it into the water..... 

I think he was shopping for a possum  ???
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2013, 11:46:04 AM »

I think he was shopping for a possum  ???

;D

http://www.opossum.org/#Membership

Dues are only $25 a year.  Not sure if they take Paypal?  They also have thumbs on their hind feet.  The possums that is, not the society members.

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2013, 11:00:48 PM »

;D

http://www.opossum.org/#Membership

Dues are only $25 a year.  Not sure if they take Paypal?  They also have thumbs on their hind feet.  The possums that is, not the society members.

and some people eat them dang things    :'(
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.413 seconds with 21 queries.