Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Be careful where you step!  (Read 3739 times)

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
Re: Be careful where you step!
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2013, 10:26:04 PM »

By the time I stopped running I would have to rest just so I could get back to the bike much less take pics!!
Most great stores start with a bad decision

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2013, 10:39:00 PM »

I lease some hunting property

And you didn't have any guns with ya?! :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2: :oops:

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2013, 06:22:04 AM »

:o :o :o :o :o
DND

ultrarider123

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2013, 07:30:51 AM »

In the past two months we have had 20 plus inches of rain.  I lease some hunting property along the Savannah River After I quit running and caught my breath I went back and took this pic.  Look closely!

Be careful where you step! :nervous:

Where along the Savannah?  I've been all over that river from the Rapids down to the weir dam, and down river of the dam past SRS about 50 miles.  Snakes all the time in that swampy area and really bad at Vogtle along the intake and burial grounds at the plant.

I read that Be careful where you step! quote much different....I figured watch where you step because of what came out of you after you saw the snakes... :huepfenlol2:

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2013, 08:02:40 AM »

Even snakes are packed in for a waterfront lot.  ;D
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2013, 08:13:07 AM »

I went back for the pic on a ATV and still stayed about 20 feet away!  Zoom is great!

Yep they were moccasins.  You can see five in the pic but there were more that had moved back into holes and under roots.  This is mating season and it looked like they were having a little snake orgy  Lucky snakes!

I was about 10 miles south of plant Vogel.

And yes, I had a gun with me.  A 357 for shooting hogs.  Besides, your first instinct is to RUN!  

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2013, 11:49:25 AM »

Hunted what the folks from Upstate called the 'Bomb Plant' for many years. Killed this little pup there in the 70's. Dogs had come through bout 30 mins before, he was sneaking out.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

16HD117

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2013, 12:28:05 PM »

Hunted what the folks from Upstate called the 'Bomb Plant' for many years. Killed this little pup there in the 70's. Dogs had come through bout 30 mins before, he was sneaking out.

They still have controlled hunts there.  Lottery drawing to hunt, they drive them with dogs, shotgun only.  They have some very nice deer.  Only problem is they glow in the dark!
 :)

For those who don't know what the "Bomb Plant" is, AKA Savannah River Site,  it's a 310 square mile federal facility that was built in the 50's to refine material tor nuclear bombs.  Their current mission is to turn used nuclear material into glass.  This glass was suppose to be shipped to New Mexico for storage, but from what I understand NM said no.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savannah_River_Site

http://www.srs.gov/general/deer_hunt/hunt.htm

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2013, 02:53:07 PM »

They still have controlled hunts there.  Lottery drawing to hunt, they drive them with dogs, shotgun only.  They have some very nice deer.  Only problem is they glow in the dark!
 :)

We always said if you ate them you would glow!! Many people have problems with dogging deer, they have never seen the swamps in lower SC.  :nervous:
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

ultrarider123

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2013, 03:09:16 PM »

We always said if you ate them you would glow!! Many people have problems with dogging deer, they have never seen the swamps in lower SC.  :nervous:

Jimmy, when I was at Vogtle, I worked with a few folks that were drawn on the hunts on SRS.  Even with a nuclear background, walking in the reservation was interesting.  It was not legal for many years (guns on a federal site) and the deer were running rampant.  Came up here to work on the Oak Ridge reservation in 1991 and they started allowing hunts on the reservation here around that time.
The TWRA and the HP's surveying the deer caught in that first hunt kept 9 out of every ten deer (as in too hot to be released).  Just think....the deer were already cooked so a walking MRE!

Sorry for the  :jack:  ....just brought back some wonderful memories when I was at Vogtle.... :2vrolijk_21:

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2013, 11:12:30 AM »

And yes, I had a gun with me.  A 357 for shooting hogs.  Besides, your first instinct is to RUN!  

Next time maybe the AR and a couple of 30's
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

16HD117

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2013, 11:49:53 AM »

Next time maybe the AR and a couple of 30's

Good idea!
 :2vrolijk_21:

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2013, 03:40:07 PM »

DON'T TREAD ON ME! You needed a pistol not a camera!
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 21 queries.