Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Exhaust options to tame the Heat Monster  (Read 1211 times)

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

Exhaust options to tame the Heat Monster
« on: May 19, 2022, 06:27:30 PM »

Looking for some suggestions to tame the Heat Monster. Have a 2022 CVO RG Limited and the amount of heat coming from the Cat is almost unbearable. So looking for some options. Dealer said could change out the Head pipe to a non cat one & use the SE Pro Tuner and stay in warranty. Said only problem with using the SE Tuner is can't dyno with it and there really isn't a map download for a non HD pipe in it.. So don't want to totally void warranty by using a PowerVision but may be only way to tame the Heat.. Im in So. Texas and outside temps are at 100 degrees already.. Been looking at the Cobra True Dual Headpipe to change out. I have some SE Slpons already
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
Re: Exhaust options to tame the Heat Monster
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2022, 08:33:30 PM »

You could try the Cool flow fan.

:nixweiss:
HOGMIKE

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2022, 08:49:30 PM »

You could try the Cool flow fan.

:nixweiss:

I’ve heard good and bad about the cool flow fan. Darn thing is $310 plus dealer has to activate in radio so another $100 or so.
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

J Meadows

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • ID

• CVO1: 2019 Street Glide
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2022, 09:55:45 PM »

https://www.designengineering.com/cart.php?suggest=c963616b-a581-46b8-a3bb-9b7f82b1d8fc

I added this to my 2109 FLHXSE last winter, haven't rode enough yet this year in hot weather to know if it helps
2019 FLHXSE Charred Steel / Lightning Silver
2014 FLHX Dayton Blue
1988 FXST-C Blue & Silver
1985 BMW K1000
1975 Kawasaki Z1
1972 Kawasaki H2A
1972 Harley Baja
1972 Harley Rapito
1966 Suzuki X6 Hustler
1965 Honda S90
1963 Honda 55 Trail

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2022, 08:22:31 AM »

https://www.designengineering.com/cart.php?suggest=c963616b-a581-46b8-a3bb-9b7f82b1d8fc

I added this to my 2109 FLHXSE last winter, haven't rode enough yet this year in hot weather to know if it helps

Hmmm I will look into these. Maybe a good option to try that won’t break the bank.
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2022, 08:43:25 PM »

Ended up ordering the DEI Heat Shields that go under the Heat Shields. Time will tell if they work. Claim to reduce heat by 60%.
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

Threephase

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Streetglide Starfire/Atomic Red
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2022, 03:53:04 PM »

I tried running a decatted headpipe but there was not enough backpressure so I took the headpipe to Autozone and found a freeze plug that fit snuggly into the crossover pipe flange on the headpipe. Tappped it in, spot welded it into place and turned it into a 2 into 1. Looks stock, less heat , and so far the SE tuner cannot tell the difference in the cat backpressure  created by the 2 into 1 so it runs great. I will have to look when I get home to see what size freezeplug it was. I remember putting it  in the freezer for a couple of hours and almost dropped in place. You can put a couple of small self tapping screws on each side to hold if you want to try before welding it place.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 03:57:54 PM by Threephase »
People call me Left. Because I ain’t Right.

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2022, 08:25:57 PM »

I tried running a decatted headpipe but there was not enough backpressure so I took the headpipe to Autozone and found a freeze plug that fit snuggly into the crossover pipe flange on the headpipe. Tappped it in, spot welded it into place and turned it into a 2 into 1. Looks stock, less heat , and so far the SE tuner cannot tell the difference in the cat backpressure  created by the 2 into 1 so it runs great. I will have to look when I get home to see what size freezeplug it was. I remember putting it  in the freezer for a couple of hours and almost dropped in place. You can put a couple of small self tapping screws on each side to hold if you want to try before welding it place.
[/quote

Interesting so your running the SE Tuner also. Been looking at some aftermarket head pipes but tuner is the problem as the SE Tuner won’t work with any aftermarket pipes I’ve been told. What download did u use.
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

Threephase

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Streetglide Starfire/Atomic Red
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2022, 08:44:17 AM »

Sorry about the delay. Decided I needed a vacation and headed for Arkansas.

The freeze plug is a 555-030 from Autozone. See attached photo. I am running a decatted stock headpipe with the plug installed and a stage I download. The bike pulls really good for me. My buddy rides a 2008 SE Dyna with the 110 and he was constantly shifting gears in the mountains. I seldom had to shift except up to 5th for long straights. Four bear climbed well.

It is a cheap experiment to try, I think the plug was under 2 bucks and I only popped it in and clamped the cross over pipe back on and it held for the 200 miles I rode to test it out. I was happy with the results so I welded it in place.

Let me know if anyone else trys it and what you think.
People call me Left. Because I ain’t Right.

Page created in 0.337 seconds with 25 queries.