Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 110 slip on’s  (Read 935 times)

Priz

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

• CVO1: 08 CVO Road King FLHRSE4
    • CVO2: 50 EL custom chop
    • CVO3: 76 FLH
110 slip on’s
« on: June 24, 2022, 12:18:38 PM »

The sound of my SERK is driving me nuts. I have true duals, probably Vance & Hines and tapered or megaphone Vance & Hines mufflers. I’m not sure what size the body of the muffler is but I’m thinking it too small. I wrapped the baffles years ago and it made it a bit less tinny sounding. So I was thinking I might buy some 4” Sharkroad slip on’s, mostly because that’s what I can afford right now and I like the tone they make from videos I have watched. I see it stated that I may not need a tune just changing the mufflers. I had it dyno tuned with some device that allowed them to tune with my stock tuner and the decell popping went away. Any input from you guys with experience would be appreciated.
 Also , I will be down in TN and SC the week of the Maggie valley get together. We normally hit Maggie valley and Barbarossa when we ride down that way. I’d like to stop in and meet the gang if we are in the area.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 04:41:28 PM by Priz »
Problems cannot be solved using the same level of awareness that created them!

Priz

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

Re: 110 slip on’s
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2022, 05:46:24 PM »

This question was moved out of the twin cam section. I am working with a twin cam engine, so any info pertaining to M8 motors will not help me.

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Betsy
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHRSE6 Orange Crush
    • CVO3: 1947 Indian Chief Nanner Puddin HBRR Fastest Side Valve
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2022, 07:35:19 PM »

A lot of us run the stock CVO exhaust with Fullsac cores. Fullsac makes multiple sizes between 1.75 and 2.25 and they are quite cost effective assuming you have a set of cvo mufflers.

As for the stopping by in the valley, we are generally riding during the day and hanging out on the porch of A Holiday Hotel when not eating out somewhere in the evening.

Feel free to stop in and introduce yourself and hang out. Shoot there may even be a few refreshing beverages available...
2014 SERK Orange Crush-Fullsac cores and screens, Decatted Headpipe, TTS Mastertune, Kury 24D, Custom Dynamic Signals, Memphis Fairing, HBRR 117R 123HP/137TQ
2004 SEEG  Huckleberry- 113 HP/115 TQ

Charter Member and National Vice President Hillbilly Rocket Riders
Charter Member and National President CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
National President and Founder of WRENCH We Ride Everywhere Nomatter Cold or Hot
Zen Master of Pondering

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2022, 08:17:44 AM »

What SHRADER said about the fullsac baffles, do you have the OEM mufflers? Replacing the baffles  is an easy process on the OEM's not sure about aftermarket but it can be done, I suggest the 2" for a stock motor.

Please pull in and introduce yourself at Maggie Valley
Wut the hell was that maneuver

pado

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: Longhorn
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2022, 08:30:23 AM »

You might see some old goats ponderin on the porch sippin bloody marys while the rest are riding during the day.

BEWARE OF THE OLD GOATS. 
Founding Member and Zen Master of Pondering, Hankering and Moseying Society with all accolades and privileges

Charter Member of CVO Critter Gawking Society

Master Bloody Mary Mixologist

Priz

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2022, 10:02:38 AM »

well, I likes me some Bloody Mary’s and will try to swing in. I do not have CVO mufflers. I also wonder if a pair would even fit due to the true duals. Doesn’t one muffler have a smaller inlet ID on the CVO mufflers? I gotta measure what I have, but most of the mufflers I see on e bay don’t say what inlet size is.

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2022, 10:26:07 AM »

You might see some old goats ponderin on the porch sippin bloody marys while the rest are riding during the day.

BEWARE OF THE OLD GOATS.

Roger that  :drink:

well, I likes me some Bloody Mary’s and will try to swing in. I do not have CVO mufflers. I also wonder if a pair would even fit due to the true duals. Doesn’t one muffler have a smaller inlet ID on the CVO mufflers? I gotta measure what I have, but most of the mufflers I see on e bay don’t say what inlet size is.

The stock headpipe dia is 1 3/4” on my 09, both sides where the muffler attaches, I would think the 08 is the same but I’m sure somebody will chime in on that info.
Wut the hell was that maneuver

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Betsy
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHRSE6 Orange Crush
    • CVO3: 1947 Indian Chief Nanner Puddin HBRR Fastest Side Valve
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2022, 05:19:11 PM »

Stock mufflers on twin cam and evos have the same size inlets and they are 1 3/4 inches. The M8 mufflers have two different inlet sizes.

The true dual headpipe you have should work fine as long as they are not Rineharts. Those headpipes and mufflers are larger in size than stock and are not compatible with any other muffler.
2014 SERK Orange Crush-Fullsac cores and screens, Decatted Headpipe, TTS Mastertune, Kury 24D, Custom Dynamic Signals, Memphis Fairing, HBRR 117R 123HP/137TQ
2004 SEEG  Huckleberry- 113 HP/115 TQ

Charter Member and National Vice President Hillbilly Rocket Riders
Charter Member and National President CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
National President and Founder of WRENCH We Ride Everywhere Nomatter Cold or Hot
Zen Master of Pondering

Page created in 0.308 seconds with 25 queries.