Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HogTunes for Lowers  (Read 1729 times)

SE66

• Senior CVO Member
  • Life Begins When You Get One

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Twilight Blue / Stardust Silver
HogTunes for Lowers
« on: November 25, 2013, 10:01:48 AM »

I have read a lot of info about the HogTunes in Lowers,  but seems nothing very new,  lots of old post.  I was pondering the thought of installing the HogTunes in the Lowers of my FLHTCUSE4.  I know that the new FL7 REV unit is a 140 watt amp with two 7" woofers.  Was curious to know if anyone has installed this unit and are your pleased with it.  Seems the info on the older system was not worth the bucks to install.  But with this newer system,  I haven't heard of any pros or cons about it.  Please chime in,  would love to know if Santa needs to bring this or not.

Thanks
Jimmy

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
Re: HogTunes for Lowers
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 12:36:40 PM »

I had the hawg wired kit in my lowers.
Took them out for something that worked better, a place to store my rain pants.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Glenncarp

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 10:45:56 PM »

I have read a lot of info about the HogTunes in Lowers,  but seems nothing very new,  lots of old post.  I was pondering the thought of installing the HogTunes in the Lowers of my FLHTCUSE4.  I know that the new FL7 REV unit is a 140 watt amp with two 7" woofers.  Was curious to know if anyone has installed this unit and are your pleased with it.  Seems the info on the older system was not worth the bucks to install.  But with this newer system,  I haven't heard of any pros or cons about it.  Please chime in,  would love to know if Santa needs to bring this or not.

Thanks

I posted the same question about a month ago. Very few responses and that told me that no many have installed them. Plus, I can't imagine hearing bass at 60 MPH. Bass is more of a "feel" than a sound, so says my audio nerd's at the local shop. Someone on this form(Scroll down) installed the HAT 6.5" and raved about them. I requested the HAT (Hybrid Audio Technology) Speaker from the wife for Christmas. That with the hawg wired RS400 Amp to drive them up front and the stock Amp to drive the rears HAT speakers. I will let the form know after I install them, but my research and the post on this forum say that these speakers kick ass.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 06:54:27 AM »

HATs are a great choice.  I went with focal 165krc.   And an Arc audio amp.   I do have the Hat in my bags,, I am very happy with those too

Glenncarp

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 07:07:47 PM »

HATs are a great choice.  I went with focal 165krc.   And an Arc audio amp.   I do have the Hat in my bags,, I am very happy with those too

Just wondering...Why HAT in back and Focal in front? Why not all HAT or all Focal?

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 08:59:56 PM »

I wanted a 5x7 that would fit perfectly and no leaks. The Focals do leak.  I have a set if anyone wants them. These HATs are great.   Love the sound.   :2vrolijk_21:

lilcoot

• Elite CVO Member
  • Scaramoosh! Scaramoosh! Can you do the Fandango?

• CVO1: '13 FLTCUSE8
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 12:34:53 AM »

This is a subject that I've been interested in for quite a while.  Actually bought a set of the Hog Tunes woofers for lowers, but haven't installed them yet.  

The bottom line in the debate regarding sound on motorcycles is this:  No matter how much you spend, you'll never get decent sound on an open vehicle going 70 mph.  The best you can hope for is to be able to hear words and guitar solos.  Even then, the volume has to be up high enough to deafen you after several hours on the road.  Notes in the bass clef will never be clear at tolerable volumes.  By tolerable, I mean at least 130 decibels.  Seriously.

I installed new 7" HAT (from Biketronics) speakers in the fairing and the passenger pods, with their 180 watt x4 channel amp, and I can hear vocals and solos marginally better than stock while riding.  They sound good sitting in the garage, tho.  I still cling to the hope that something will allow me to hear ANY bass while riding, but I'm beginning to accept the limits of physics.  That's why I might try the Hog Tunes, but I really like the convenience of a little storage in the front lowers.

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 06:25:41 PM »

Do the bag speakers that come in the SERK's not measure up at all?
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Ultra Classic Riptide Blue.
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2013, 10:04:31 AM »

I installed a set of Hog Tunes lower fairing woofers  and a Hog Tunes 40.4 amp a year ago, and must say it was a big improvement. You don't really get a booming base out of them, more like a popping thud type base. ( poor description I know ) Over all the base is better and you can actually hear it on the highway. What I find interesting is that I started to wear a 3/4 helmet, and with this 3/4 I can hear the stereo so much better. I never turn it up more that half way at any speed and the sound is great.  I still have one more channel on that 40.4 so I will prob do the lid speakers in the future. Hog Tunes now has a nice kit for that for about $500.00 All plug and play. Cheers. 
I may be a head of cabbage, but I am ahead of you!!

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 25 queries.