Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Compensator Replacement cost  (Read 17643 times)

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
Re: Compensator Replacement cost
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2014, 12:38:46 PM »

As far as I know the part number for the newest compensator is 42200064-A.  The last one I purchased did not have the A, when I talked to the person handling my replacement for the one year warranty he is the one that noticed that it was already upgraded.  I will know more once I have this completed.  I purchased it through a mail order HD shop so I have to get some paper work in order to get the replacement.  Mine was knocking at 7,000 miles as well but I managed to get it to 10,000 miles before I took it out.  Bike is on the lift for the winter anyway.  If the part number is not correct I will post it & send you a PM.  I'm still planning to look into the Compusaver and change the clutch out to one that will let me use a slightly thicker fluid.  I have been using B&M quick shift for some time.  I'm also using the Dimple magnet for the Primary side and it has been full of metal & sludge every 3,000 miles.  That little magnet will hold a 3 pound hammer while the stock magnet can't hold a small wrench.  What I can't figure out is why many of us were able to get some decent miles on the original only to install the latest & greatest numerous times.   Somebody must have an answer. 

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2014, 01:17:27 PM »

Interesting.  I have 24k on my original without issue.

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2014, 03:35:26 PM »

I had mine replaced in Aug of this year and was knocking at idle and low rpm take offs. I brought it back in about 2 months later and it now appears to be fixed.

MOCO had the dealer take a bunch of measurements. Crankshaft length, entire comp assembly and the bolt that holds it all together. After a little debate about tolerance stacking MOCO sent the dealer some shims (don't know the part number).

The shim is place between to stator cover and the spring plate pack. The dealer said 3 put me right a spec but he put in 4 because he felt that as the spring pack gets compressed over time the added shim dimension should keep me at min spec.

Only have about 250 miles on it since the fix but it is working great.

JMac at Surdyke HD in Festus, MO knows the part number and said he was going to order 30 of them so he could fix the ones that aren't working.
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

BigD2112

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2014, 12:50:54 PM »

I just had this repair done under warranty while on a road trip.  The first dealership did not have the part, so it was torque and go....it started clattering about 1,500 miles later and had the work done at Simi Valley HD.  They were fast probably less than 2 hours.  This is my second bike with compesator problems.  My 2010 Street Glide comp nut went out....Now what was amazing is that my 14 CVO went out about 6,000 miles....the primary side engine driveline was very noisy and you could tell things were not right....if you did not get an extended warranty with your new CVO, get you one....this is a standard repair....the motor falls apart if you are crusing 8 to 10 hours at highway speed limits
2014 CVO Limited
2009 XR1200
2012 Challenger SRT8

RichardK

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2014, 04:19:53 PM »

Look at GMR Performance. All the info and answers along with the fix is there
Ride safe
RichardK
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 22 queries.