Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: start without fob HELP!!  (Read 10004 times)

bradthomas1965

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2013 Road king
    • CVO2: 2001 wideglide
start without fob HELP!!
« on: October 13, 2018, 10:55:02 PM »

I've got a 2013 CVO roadking. Trying to figure out how to by pass the fob in case i need to in the future. I've tried different ways, cant seem to get to the point to enter my 5 digit code. Every time i try to turn to ignition, alarm instantly engages. Tried pushing both turn signals simultaniously within 2 seconds, no luck. any help would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 02:03:25 PM by bradthomas1965 »

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
Re: start without fob
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 10:31:51 AM »

the video is good.  couple of points, first, you're sure you have an override code set and you know it?  secondly, are you sitting on the bike?  if you are, don't.  the alarm is pretty finicky when it comes to movement.  next, is your fob in your pocket when you are trying this?  if it is, take it out of range. 
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

bradthomas1965

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2018, 02:44:45 PM »

Thanks for the input. I already watched the video, have done exactly what they say. Im not on the bike, dont even touch it, i quickly turn ign on & instantly push both turn signals. Now, my speedometer/tach is different than video. I have factory CVO speed/tach combo.  As soon as i try this, alarm instantly beeps. No change on speedo to put 5 digit code. Tried goin super fast also waited 1 sec, no difference. Tried turning key to ACC as well to try..... no luck !!!

bradthomas1965

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 02:47:22 PM »

& FOB is out of range.

bradthomas1965

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 03:08:45 PM »

speedometer

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2018, 04:40:45 PM »

You have an existing pin, i assume you dont know what it is. Look in your owners manual on how to discover your pin or google the utube videos.You dont need to rest the pin, you need to know what it is.
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2018, 05:49:47 PM »

Thanks for the input. I already watched the video, have done exactly what they say. Im not on the bike, dont even touch it, i quickly turn ign on & instantly push both turn signals. Now, my speedometer/tach is different than video. I have factory CVO speed/tach combo.  As soon as i try this, alarm instantly beeps. No change on speedo to put 5 digit code. Tried goin super fast also waited 1 sec, no difference. Tried turning key to ACC as well to try..... no luck !!!

Did you turn the ignition on-off-on-off-on as per the video, or just on? This system requires you to very precisely follow the instructions, any deviation at all will make your attempt fail.

Btw, your owner's manual has the proper procedure for your particular bike.  If you bought the bike used, did you get the manual?

It shouldn't make any difference if the bike doesn't have the same type of gauges as in the video, as long as it has an odometer window it should work.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2018, 06:22:57 PM »

the instructions for my 2013 say to turn the ign on-off-on-off-on.  that works.  but it also works if i just turn the ign on.  try both ways and see what happens.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

bradthomas1965

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2018, 07:57:29 PM »

"Disarming with a PINDo not turn handlebars, straddle seat or lift motorcycle off the jiffy stand. During a PIN disarm, ifthe Smart Security System detects motorcycle motion the system will activate the alarm.Entering a PIN to Disarm HarleyDavidson Smart Security SystemSTEPNO.ACTIONWAIT FOR CONFIRMATIONNOTES1If necessary, verify the current5digit PIN.Should be recorded onwallet card.2Turn ignition switch toIGNITION.3Quickly (within 2 seconds ofturning ignition switch) holdboth turn signal switches inuntil confirmation.Key icon flashes at fast rate. Inthe odometer window, aflashing dash will be followed byfour more dashes.See OdometerWindows  PIN. Fivedashes will appear in theodometer window.4Enter first digit (a) in the PINby pressing left turn switch aThe first digit (a) in theodometer will be the first digit in"
( per owners manual).
And yes I know what my 5 pin number is. I am not trying to figure that out, I am simply trying to override the fob and be able to start my bike by using the pin in case of an emergency.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 08:12:11 PM by bradthomas1965 »

bradthomas1965

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2018, 08:16:21 PM »

Yes Jerry, I tried "on off on off on" then turn signals.  Alarm beeps instantly. Thanks but still nothing.

14 CVO King

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHRSE
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2018, 07:39:15 PM »

If you have already reset the PIN, flip the ignition switch and wait til it asks to enter PIN then hit just the left turn signal (all of this with the pod out of range).  If you have not reset the PIN to your own code, the pod has to be in range, flip the ignition on-off-on and hit the left turn signal twice, then the right turn signal once and the first number should be flashing.  Use the left turn to increment the number and right turn to move to the next number.

forgot to add, when changing the PIN start with the ignition in run then cycle off-on twice, the pod must be in range.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 07:47:14 PM by 14 CVO King »

bradthomas1965

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2018, 09:52:44 PM »

I walk up to my bike,(w/o sitting on it, touching it, or even BREATHING on it) FOB out of range, I turn IGN on , within 2 secs i push BOTH turn signals. According to Harley, my manual & many others, the speedometer should read dashes where i COULD put my 5 digit pin that i have memorized.  I get no dashes,speedometer lights up, mileage pops up, blinkers flash& alarm starts  sounding & not allowing me to enter code.
Maybe a bad HSFM/TSM ???

14 CVO King

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHRSE
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2018, 12:47:13 AM »

It already has a PIN programed in it, you need to have the pod in range to reprogram.  The CVO Road Kings are a little touchy but to me it sounds like the PIN is programed and if you don't hit the left turn signal and put in the code the alarm will sound.  So bring the pod in range, try the steps I mentioned above to reprogram, once complete take the pod out of range and try with your newly programmed PIN.

Quick note, when reprogramming the PIN, Have the Fob Present and in range press the left turn 3 times (not 2 which is 2014-up) then press the right turn 1 time. the pre-programmed PIN will appear with the first digit blinking.  Use the left to increment digits and right to move to the next digit until complete.

Once programmed move the fob out of range. turn on the ing, quickly (within 2 seconds) hold both turn signals until the key icon flashes at a fast rate and a flashing dash will appear followed by four solid dashes (you can't just press both turn signals and release). press the left turn until reach the digit desired.  If the to turn signals are not simultaneously pressed within 2 seconds of the ignition turned on the alarm will sound.  Hope this helps and clears up your problem.

I know for my Road King it was a pain in the back side, 3 out of 4 times the alarm would go off.  I sat and practiced a bunch until I got better results, problem was I did not consistently use it so it's still a pain.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 01:30:46 AM by 14 CVO King »

ScottAL

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

• CVO1: 2018 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE (traded)
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2018, 11:27:53 AM »

Silly question but are you pushing and holding the turn signals until dashes appear?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 25 queries.