Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin' EagleĀ® Road GlideĀ®

Old (Really Old) Road Glide Got a Little More Love (and new brakes)

(1/5) > >>

Twolanerider:
Yeah, it's not a big upgrade nor a huge retro.  But it's still an improvement and it does stop just a little better.  It also looks better too (and we know how important that is  ;D ).

Chrome brakes came off the Road Glide and Brembos went on.  Some old (new to me) Lyndall rotors and a set of Brembos that were scored cheap used and broken down for powder coating then reassembled with new seals.  The powder is something called Illusion Malbec (sic?) that is a great match to the Midnight Red on the old SERG.  In the right light you can see the powder has a bit more flake in it than the Midnight Red does.  But it's a really good match nonetheless.  The calipers proved a good test for this powder too.  Have some other parts off to get done now that I know the color match is good.

Also, have to forgive the rotor bolts in the pictures.  All I had hear to finish a reassembly this afternoon.  The counterbore on these rotors is about .030 smaller than the hole on every other rotor I had around and all the stock rotor bolts I had wouldn't fit in the hole.  So later will be taking some nice high strength 12 points over to a buddy's machine shop and using his lathe to cut their flange OD down to .560".  Wasn't going to let that stop me from getting it all buttoned back up this afternoon though.  Too easy to change the bolts on the bike later  ;D .

Oh yeah, click the pictures and they'll get even (bigger) better looking  :drink: .

Twolanerider:

Twolanerider:

Twolanerider:

Twolanerider:
Ok, that's all.  Rode the Road King yesterday so it's this one's turn today.  Going to ride it to dinner.   Somewhere.  Have to decide the destination on the way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version