Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Alarm system  (Read 2852 times)

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
Alarm system
« on: July 13, 2006, 07:42:54 AM »

Does anyone know what type of alarm system would be in my 05' VRSCSE. I'd like to use the pager/receiver but I'm not sure if the factory system is the siren II.  [smiley=confused5.gif]

Thanks,
Ed
"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Alarm system
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 04:54:38 PM »

Does anyone know what type of alarm system would be in my 05' VRSCSE. I'd like to use the pager/receiver but I'm not sure if the factory system is the siren II.  [smiley=confused5.gif]

Thanks,
Ed

No 05s were getting the Sirin II versions of the alarm gear on the line. The II series stuff wasn't released until well after the beginning of the model year.

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 05:57:44 PM »

Thanks! That would make explain why the recevier won't work. Okay so I feel a little stupid.  [smiley=oops.gif] But I'm sure I can find other things to spend money on.
Thanks again,
Ed

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 06:13:05 PM »

Thanks! That would make explain why the recevier won't work. Okay so I feel a little stupid.  [smiley=oops.gif] But I'm sure I can find other things to spend money on.
Thanks again,
Ed

I've got no idea where and how the xmitter mounts on a V-rod.  Assuming they're not a pain in the arse chore to replace, however, the xmitter isn't all that expensive.  May not do a lot of overnight travel on a V-Rod.  But on the touring bike it's kind of nice to know that the bike will let you know in the motel room if someone is messing with it outdoors.

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2006, 01:03:20 PM »

Thanks Twolane,
After doing some research. First the owners manual, no help, the parts book for the bike, no help, the repair manual, no help. I found the part numbers on a net search. Then with the part numbers to back up what you had written. I went back to the dealer. They didn't realize that they made a "Siren" and then a "Siren II". Not a major problem. Long story short with the back up I was able to return the pager.
Thanks for the help and info!
Ed

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2006, 03:31:05 PM »

Thanks Twolane,
After doing some research. First the owners manual, no help, the parts book for the bike, no help, the repair manual, no help. I found the part numbers on a net search. Then with the part numbers to back up what you had written. I went back to the dealer. They didn't realize that they made a "Siren" and then a "Siren II". Not a major problem. Long story short with the back up I was able to return the pager.
Thanks for the help and info!
Ed

Good deal Ed.  Nice to hear of a parts counter making things easy and being reasonable about things.

Y'know I suppose some would whine about the parts guy not knowing the difference to begin with or not asking the right questions to know which version of whatever accy kit we might be screwing with.  And the Siren II stuff is current that it's probably something they should have been aware of.  But it's a lot to expect the guy on the counter to know about "everything."  Compound that with the fact that we don't leave these things along (so what originally was right may not be anymore) and I've always felt it really is up to us to make sure we're getting what we need.  If the guy at the parts counter can help too that's great.  That they behave reasonably when a mistake gets made is wonderful.  But knowing what we're getting and whether it's really going to work or not really ends up being our baby.

(that's why we have to make the extra trip to parts counter sometimes ! )

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2006, 04:37:22 PM »

I agree, that's what makes it fun, right?  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  No need to whine about the parts guy, nobody knows every part. Especially for the V-rod and even more so when you throw in the SE adds.

Doesn't matter, the more reseach and asking of questions about what I'm trying to do only educates me and then I can just pass it on.

Have a good one,
Ed

DynaSoar

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXDSE
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2007, 06:50:33 PM »

You can get the siren II and pager system for the '05 SE. The alarm module itself is located under the passenger pillion. The siren is between the mud flap and engine.

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 22 queries.