CVO Social > In The News

Guy Shot While Riding

(1/3) > >>

Twolanerider:
So this happened....

On the local news feed was report of a bike accident and gunshot last night.  It was a confusing headline.  We don't have Hearsts or Wynands writing in the local media though so that's not uncommon.  Anyway....

Bike accidents nearly always make the news here.  Reading the article to see if it was someone I knew and a paragraph in (thanks for burying the lead) it turns out the rider was shot.  Apparently shot while riding and then crashed.  Both the coverage and pics suggest a slow speed accident so, apparently, the rider got the bike slowed down before laying it over.

Other motorists reported seeing a bike accident.  That's what brought out EMS.  According to the article the gunshot wound was discovered at hospital after transport.

I'm sorry but, what the f$%*?  Now you can't help but wonder if the guy was specifically targeted, just a random one off thing from some tweaker also on the road, or if now there's worry some jackass is deciding bikers are a next target.  2020 sucks.  Oh yeah, and the African dust cloud comes next.

iski:
I thought I smelled an elephant from the African dust cloud until I remembered I ate asparagus yesterday.

Like deja vu all over again, isn't it?

Never been shot at while riding, hope that doesn't catch on.

Twolanerider:
Dairy Queen.

iski:
Yes. But they have no Cherry Limeade at our DQ & the last time I asked they did not even know about Cherry Syrup for Cokes & Limeades, etc.  It was so shocking, I had to have a Peanut Buster parfait.

Twolanerider:

--- Quote from: iski on June 26, 2020, 01:12:18 PM ---
Yes. But they have no Cherry Limeade at our DQ & the last time I asked they did not even know about Cherry Syrup

--- End quote ---

WTF?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version