CVO Social > In The News

Guy Shot While Riding

<< < (3/3)

Twolanerider:

--- Quote from: iski on June 26, 2020, 03:46:57 PM ---
When I was a young whippersnapper, the local drug store soda fountain made Cokes from Coke syrup added to soda water.  From memory these were the best Cokes ever, nothing better.  We would ask for cherry syrup - a couple of squirts - and that was even better. 

--- End quote ---

I remember a few of those.  I was a kid in SoCal.  No such thing that I recall ever seeing in Orange County.  But on family vacations back to Missouri and Arkansas dad always made it a point to stop where he knew those places still were.  It was a treat.

iski:

--- Quote from: Twolanerider on June 26, 2020, 04:08:58 PM ---
I remember a few of those.  I was a kid in SoCal.  No such thing that I recall ever seeing in Orange County.  But on family vacations back to Missouri and Arkansas dad always made it a point to stop where he knew those places still were.  It was a treat.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, a treat for sure.  There were a couple of places in my little Texas hometown that made these.  Both long gone, out of business.  When I was sick, long before the CovidialCoronial Hey 19 (semi obscure Steely Dan ref) deal one of my parental units would get some Coke syrup from the drug store for my non socially distanced treatment. I always got better since am still here so it must have worked some.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version