CVO Social > In The News

North Cascades Harley, Burlington WA

<< < (4/4)

Ironhorse:

--- Quote from: Mark on July 09, 2020, 09:52:28 AM ---I imagine HD is having to cull smaller dealerships, similar to what we saw the auto industry do after the economic downturn in 2008.

--- End quote ---

Okay then, that dealership was just another casualty of the bad economy. Very sad indeed.

FLSTFI Dave:

--- Quote from: Ironhorse on July 09, 2020, 11:14:29 AM ---Okay then, that dealership was just another casualty of the bad economy. Very sad indeed.

--- End quote ---
Prior to Covid-19 the Economy was great, record low unemployment and record high employment, record high stockmarket, and wages increasing.  Yet bike sales were still way down.  So its a lot more than just the economy.  Its has also to do with Boomers buying less bikes, more competition and like many people on here watching the price go up, will content is stripped from the bike. 

Marina near me has taken 3 Harleys on trade for 3 boats in June.   Covid related, the whole family can go out on the boat...

RivRaptor:

--- Quote from: FLSTFI Dave on July 10, 2020, 07:13:29 AM ---Prior to Covid-19 the Economy was great, record low unemployment and record high employment, record high stockmarket, and wages increasing.  Yet bike sales were still way down.  So its a lot more than just the economy.  Its has also to do with Boomers buying less bikes, more competition and like many people on here watching the price go up, will content is stripped from the bike. 

Marina near me has taken 3 Harleys on trade for 3 boats in June.   Covid related, the whole family can go out on the boat...

--- End quote ---

Such a good point!  HD was doing bad in a great economy!  No amount of corporate speak is gonna save them....I been saying for awhile that I believe a buyout is in the future and hopefully a total upper management Flushing with it.

Mr. Warlock:
Yeah, I'm not on board with comment calling this as a result of a bad economy. In my opinion the economy was great right through March. They had to be in bad shape long before the Covid factor. Again imo.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version