Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Replacement Seat Recommendations  (Read 3867 times)

mikeyp

• www.RAZR.com
Replacement Seat Recommendations
« on: October 04, 2004, 01:45:54 AM »

Time for a new seat for my 2001 FLTRSEI2.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2004, 08:08:56 PM by mikeyp »
Ride Damnit.....Let's Ride!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Replacement Seat Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2004, 02:10:01 AM »

That is (insert expletive here) gorgeous.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2004, 02:11:06 AM by twolanerider »

Loose_Goose

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2004, 11:31:01 PM »

Sweet looking ride!  I had a Mustang on my 03 Fatboy and have one on my SEEG.  I don't know if I'd buy a different seat.  I can't say anything bad about Corbin, I've never tried one.  Just my thoughts.
12" HD 440s, Freedom pipes, Powercommander, detachable king tourpack, Fastaire 8" windshield, custom made Corbin heated seat and Hogtunes!

fads

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2004, 08:58:01 PM »

I have put Mustang seats on two different Harleys and really like them.  I put the touring model on my SERG along with the stock HD passenger hand holds for my wife.

At first I kept the original rider backrest with the Mustang seat but eventually replaced the backrest and mount with the Mustang version since the latter is adjustable fore and aft as well as up and down.  I found it to be more comfortable since I am only 5'9" and like to sit a little closer to the handlebars than the original backrest would accomodate.

When I purchased my first Mustang seat about 10 years ago I also researched the Corbin.  I'm guessing the Corbin quality may have improved since then, but at that point in time I went with Mustang seat due to its higher build quality.
'00 FLTRSEI
K&N air filter, Supertrapp slip-ons, PC IIIr tuned on dyno, Mustang touring seat, Flanders Road Glide handlebar with internal wiring (required longer brake line)

booboosboss

• Junior CVO Member
  • SATISFIED
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2004, 06:58:03 AM »

DAMN !!!  that is one sweet ride .... Ya got my vote 4 the 06' fltrsei3  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] . did you paint over the origional sheetmetal or buy a new set? What was the factory color ? Sorry 4 loosing my train of thought but she looks soooooo damn good! As far as seats go I'm looking into a Lepera 'They have several styles that fit , although I don't know if the back rest option will work .

mikeyp

• www.RAZR.com
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2004, 09:56:28 AM »

Thanks for all the nice comments.  She was originally Screamin Eagle blue.  The first owner painted over the original sheet metal.....something I still don't quite understand.  

I finally installed the last piece of chrome on her......the front transmission top cover....and I even had to use a Dremel to make adjustments.  Unless I am missing something, she now has all the chrome that is available.

Thanks also for all the suggestions on the best seat to use.  I had been leaning toward the Mustang, but does anyone out there have experience with upgraded Harley seats?  They seem well built and (much to my surprise) reasonably priced.

booboosboss

• Junior CVO Member
  • SATISFIED
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2004, 01:56:35 PM »

I guess he didn't have the cash 4 extra sheet metal . As far as HD seats go , the quality is good considering the price . In fact , I have a badlander I bought over a year ago . I found it on the discount table at an HD dealer for only 120 bucks . I haven't installed it yet because it requires the removal of the backrest mech. So there is the problem . Are you gonna limit selection for a back rest ? With that paint , I dont think just any old seat will do the bike justice , backrest  or not. Did you take a peek at Lepera's websight yet?They have a couple of styles that have a deep enough bucket that seems to offer ample support . They also offer a wide range of colors and materials that would do your bike right . Im thinking of getting a grey leather one from him . Take a peek at em ......

mikeyp

• www.RAZR.com
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2004, 04:45:47 PM »

Actually, I have some friends with Le Pera seats and they were not over-excited about the comfort factor.  No doubt they ARE beautiful though.  I am leaning heavily toward the Smooth, Ultra Touring Mustand seat...probably with chrome studs.

But...winter is coming....so I am not going to rush the decision.  I hope I can find some custom seat makers to consider as well.  I know I will stay with traditional black, but some exotic leather could also be very cool.

As far as the original owner having extra bucks....he seemed to have more money than sense!  The paint job was $5400 and the 103 Stroker, Cams, Pistons, and Command Consoler cost him almost $6000.  That does not count all the money for wheels, chrome EVERYTHING, lighting, fins, you name it.

booboosboss

• Junior CVO Member
  • SATISFIED
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2004, 05:36:42 PM »

Guess money can't buy brains or common sense ! Still , his loss is your gain . I hope ya find the seat u really want . Let us all know what u get , k ? [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2004, 07:15:54 PM »

Sorry, I ain't got no suggestions on seats, but I just had to comment.  That is one freakin' nice-looking piece of iron!  Holy #@&$!!! [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=bigok.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 21 queries.