Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Detachable Tour Pak Questions  (Read 3057 times)

JjR

• Senior CVO Member
  • WTF
Detachable Tour Pak Questions
« on: January 04, 2005, 09:08:29 AM »

My bike a 01 RG with the Ultra Package also has the rear speakers. I have been thinking about going with the detachable tour pak. My tour trunk is the standard size one.

How hard is it to disconnect all this stuff once the detack kit is installed? Are the rear speakers part of the trunk? How many wires do I have to disconnect? Or is there one main harness plug?

Now after I have the trunk off what about the CB radio antennae? I know there is a relocation kit for the FM one but what about the CB? I never use the CB but figure that I would ask anyway.

Would anyone happen to have any photos of the tour pack removal process and what wires have to be disconnected.

JR

mfgreen

Re: Detachable Tour Pak Questions
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2005, 10:36:22 AM »

Welcome to the site
Check out this thread in the electraglide section
http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=eg_gen;action=display;num=1104814271;start=5#5

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 10:50:01 AM »

FYI-Can,t use cb without tour pack on the bike( there fixed stuff in tour pack used in cojuntion with cb) so no need to relocate ant. Only downside to quick release NO CB- I just got ditial camera will try to take some photos-AK
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

JjR

• Senior CVO Member
  • WTF
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2005, 11:07:30 AM »

FYI-Can,t use cb without tour pack on the bike( there fixed stuff in tour pack used in cojuntion with cb) so no need to relocate ant. Only downside to quick release NO CB- I just got ditial camera will try to take some photos-AK

Thanks that is great! I never use the CB anyway. If you wish you can send the pix direct to c9511@yahoo.com
JR

JjR

• Senior CVO Member
  • WTF
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2005, 06:07:49 PM »

Thanks that is great! I never use the CB anyway. If you wish you can send the pix direct to c9511@yahoo.com

Ar,
Please dont bother with the photos. I had me seat off today and figured what I would have to do. I think I will take a pass on the whole thing as not only do I have the rear speaker wires to deal with I also have the pasenger controls on them.

This would mean that I would have to cut these wires as well as put connectors in. Its just too much as this was all a factory install.

Thanks,
John
JR

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries.