Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Author Topic: NO CVO ROAD GLIDE THIS YEAR  (Read 15830 times)

hogdooz

• Full CVO Member
  • LET'S GO RIDING!
NO CVO ROAD GLIDE THIS YEAR
« on: July 09, 2007, 11:01:59 AM »

I just got the official word, there is no new CVO Road Glide for this year. I was sure hoping since my 2000 FLTRSEI has 120,000 miles on it now. Well, do I ride it another year? I'll just figure it out.
2015 FLTRUSE,, 1978 XLCR,  2003 FXDX, 1942 WLA, 2019 FLHCS, 2022 FXRST EL Diablo

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
Re: NO CVO ROAD GLIDE THIS YEAR
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 11:18:18 AM »

I feel your pain!
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

Road_Glider

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 01:55:52 PM »

yea real bummer.  Maybe they held back to do something real special with it next year and build that high horsepower water pumper RG we have been wanting to see them build.  Have to wait another entire year to see if they do it.  Am I the only one getting tired of waiting on them to do it?
*Orange and BLack '09 Road Glide w/103

screem

• Senior CVO Member
  • Ride Sober
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 05:23:58 PM »

I too was hopeing for SERG this year too....I'm staying pat with what I have...may try to add a colbalt blue      cvo dyna later this year :orange:
2000 FLTRSEI
1995 Fatboy... Apes, Foot Clutch,Jockey Shift 6Gal Tanks/Flames
 RIDE SOBER

hafbad0

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 03:23:26 AM »

I just got the official word, there is no new CVO Road Glide for this year. I was sure hoping since my 2000 FLTRSEI has 120,000 miles on it now. Well, do I ride it another year? I'll just figure it out.
That ashame, I was number one on Goe' Harley Davidson list for that bike.  If it is official, I will also ride my 2000 FLTRSEI while I wait.  I suppost I will make it my retirement toy (Dec 09).  I few more happy miles on Big Red, it not all bad (HAFBAD).   

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 02:58:42 PM »

Dont be so sure!
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 10:31:16 PM »

Bad news again I guess, but am hoping for a liquid cooled big inch SERG next year. It's the only bike that can show off the graphics and the attitude.

Road_Glider

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 10:09:30 PM »

yea real bummer.  Maybe they held back to do something real special with it next year and build that high horsepower water pumper RG we have been wanting to see them build.  Have to wait another entire year to see if they do it.  Am I the only one getting tired of waiting on them to do it?

Almost one year later we speculate on the same subject.  Might this just be the year they come thru?
*Orange and BLack '09 Road Glide w/103

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE Limited®, Black Sparkle and 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Ultra Classic®, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate, # 110 of 992
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 Screamin' Eagle® Road King®, Black Ice, 1 of 1325
    • CVO3: 2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red and 2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine, 1 of 316
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 10:23:14 PM »

Almost one year later we speculate on the same subject.  Might this just be the year they come thru?
Yes. There will be a Road Glide. And with a new fairing, too.

Ride safely,
Louis

1914 10E, Grey
1956 FLH Custom, Candy Orange
1988 FXRS Custom, "S.O.A."
2000 FLSTF Custom Fat Boy, "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
2000 FXSTS Custom Springer Softail, Grey
2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2010 FLHTCUSE5-BLK, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate
2012 VRSCDX ANV, Brilliant Silver Pearl
2016 FLHTKSE, Black Sparkle
2016 XL1200CX Roadster, Vivid Black
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 10:47:43 PM »

same thing but it'll be called a tourglide for 09 cvo,,,, :coolblue:

TN

er is that 2010
Wut the hell was that maneuver

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 12:38:20 AM »

If someone gets two of them does that make it a DuoGlide?

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2008, 11:02:08 AM »

If someone gets two of them does that make it a DuoGlide?

ANd if it has a S*^#t load of CHROME....DO we call it a "dOOd A Glide"..Damn what a concept...Alright all you marketing  & Photoshop  GURU's Bring it on..... Let's announce a "dood A glide" For '09....Right here...Greg
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008, 11:18:37 AM »

hogdooz
            Were I you, I would strip the bike you have to the frame and rebuild it. If your paint is good, have it wetsanded and a couple of coats of clear shot. If it needs some touch up, a good shop can do it and then do the clear coat. Have the frame blasted and a nice new powdercoat done. The later model swingarm fits your frame so you can upgrade that and Dean Nelson who builds trikes and is a site member has swingarms as take-offs from the conversions he does.  Ship your front end off to Traxion Dynamics for the AK-20 pkg and a set of Bitubo rear shocks. Install a True-Track (no stabilizer better IMHO) Put your stock motor and trans on the shelf and drop in a TP 124 and Baker DD6. You'll need a complete 03 and up wiring harness and ECM, but those aren't really that expensive. Might even pick up the ECM on this site. There's a unit to convert the fuel hook-up which I believe I have laying around somewhere (probably at Beagle's house) Change your axle's to 1" ( simple matter of bearings and spacers) . All this will probably set you back $15k- $18k but you will have the best damn SERG around. Your registration and insurance will be based on your bike being a 2000 not a 2009 ( big $$ savings every year) and you will truly have the ride you dream about.  I'm done waitin for H-D to try to satsify me. They're never going to. From here on out I build my own and I urge others to do the same.

B B

REGGAB

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2008, 11:47:17 AM »

hogdooz
            Were I you, I would strip the bike you have to the frame and rebuild it. If your paint is good, have it wetsanded and a couple of coats of clear shot. If it needs some touch up, a good shop can do it and then do the clear coat. Have the frame blasted and a nice new powdercoat done. The later model swingarm fits your frame so you can upgrade that and Dean Nelson who builds trikes and is a site member has swingarms as take-offs from the conversions he does.  Ship your front end off to Traxion Dynamics for the AK-20 pkg and a set of Bitubo rear shocks. Install a True-Track (no stabilizer better IMHO) Put your stock motor and trans on the shelf and drop in a TP 124 and Baker DD6. You'll need a complete 03 and up wiring harness and ECM, but those aren't really that expensive. Might even pick up the ECM on this site. There's a unit to convert the fuel hook-up which I believe I have laying around somewhere (probably at Beagle's house) Change your axle's to 1" ( simple matter of bearings and spacers) . All this will probably set you back $15k- $18k but you will have the best damn SERG around. Your registration and insurance will be based on your bike being a 2000 not a 2009 ( big $$ savings every year) and you will truly have the ride you dream about.  I'm done waitin for H-D to try to satsify me. They're never going to. From here on out I build my own and I urge others to do the same.

B B

I agree with the above save for the True-Track, and I'm not dissin' the True-Track, except I have ridden motorcycles with True-Track, and I personally own a motorcycle with a TWR Missing Link.  Folks, both of these devices do the exact same thing, and they both work great.....................but the TWR is less expensive, and it doesn't get scraped up in right hand turns, and..................in my HUMBLE opinion, it is a much, much higher quality device, and definitely an easier, stealthier installation.  So, in MY HUMBLE opinion, there is no better stabilizer than TWR's Missing Link.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2008, 11:52:25 AM »

I agree with the above save for the True-Track, and I'm not dissin' the True-Track, except I have ridden motorcycles with True-Track, and I personally own a motorcycle with a TWR Missing Link.  Folks, both of these devices do the exact same thing, and they both work great.....................but the TWR is less expensive, and it doesn't get scraped up in right hand turns, and..................in my HUMBLE opinion, it is a much, much higher quality device, and definitely an easier, stealthier installation.  So, in MY HUMBLE opinion, there is no better stabilizer than TWR's Missing Link.

Henry
        I don't know anyone who builds and sells any of these devices. You are friends with the guy that sells TWR. Would you admit that in open forum please.

Thanks
          B B
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.219 seconds with 21 queries.