Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Author Topic: NO CVO ROAD GLIDE THIS YEAR  (Read 15831 times)

REGGAB

Re: NO CVO ROAD GLIDE THIS YEAR
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2008, 12:07:36 PM »

Henry
        I don't know anyone who builds and sells any of these devices. You are friends with the guy that sells TWR. Would you admit that in open forum please.

Thanks
          B B

Don't forget.........Tracy designed and makes as well as sells TWR.  Yessir............I freely and openly admit to a friendship with Tracy, which never would have developed had I not been introduced to his device via this forum.  I saw it, understood it, preferred it's simple construction to the other two more complex stabilizers of which I'm aware and have riding experience, so I gave his device a chance.  In my opinion, he has the best thing going when it comes to rear end stabilizers........................and I'd still say and defend that even if I didn't know him and wasn't friends with him.   Chit, Brian...........even if YOU made the damn thing, I'd defend the device, because it is THAT damn good............and you are like the #2 Chithead on the site aren't ya?   ;D  And though I will admit respect for you, I certainly won't admit to friendship with you.   Bottom line is, Tracy's chit works.......PERIOD!

Are we CLEAR now? 

« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 10:54:01 PM by Thumpin' 107 »

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2008, 12:52:24 PM »

Can I put  RG fairing on the SERK?  I could put blanks in for gages, I don't use them..

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2008, 12:59:48 PM »

Can I put  RG fairing on the SERK?  I could put blanks in for gages, I don't use them..

The frame is the same P/N for the Road King, Road Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Ultra Classic and all CVO models of same. No reason why with time and patience you can't, but you've got to strip off your entire chrome RK nacelle and buy the RG nacell as well as the inner and outer fairings, brkts, headlights and directional signals. I believe my suggestion earlier about taking an 00 SERG down to the frame and building the bike of your dreams would be a wiser course of action.

B B
     By the way, use whatever the hell stabilizer makes you happy, ( I have no vested interest in any of em) but whatever brand you use, they are an essential part of a good handling bagger.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2008, 01:11:49 PM »

hogdooz
            Were I you, I would strip the bike you have to the frame and rebuild it. If your paint is good, have it wetsanded and a couple of coats of clear shot. If it needs some touch up, a good shop can do it and then do the clear coat. Have the frame blasted and a nice new powdercoat done. The later model swingarm fits your frame so you can upgrade that and Dean Nelson who builds trikes and is a site member has swingarms as take-offs from the conversions he does.  Ship your front end off to Traxion Dynamics for the AK-20 pkg and a set of Bitubo rear shocks. Install a True-Track (no stabilizer better IMHO) Put your stock motor and trans on the shelf and drop in a TP 124 and Baker DD6. You'll need a complete 03 and up wiring harness and ECM, but those aren't really that expensive. Might even pick up the ECM on this site. There's a unit to convert the fuel hook-up which I believe I have laying around somewhere (probably at Beagle's house) Change your axle's to 1" ( simple matter of bearings and spacers) . All this will probably set you back $15k- $18k but you will have the best damn SERG around. Your registration and insurance will be based on your bike being a 2000 not a 2009 ( big $$ savings every year) and you will truly have the ride you dream about.  I'm done waitin for H-D to try to satsify me. They're never going to. From here on out I build my own and I urge others to do the same.
B B

Has Hoist! logged in under B B's account?!?!? :shocked2: :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2:

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2008, 01:14:38 PM »

Has Hoist! logged in under B B's account?!?!? :shocked2: :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2:

Better chance that Harley will replace the 07's with 09's than that happening.
Now who believes that will happen!

:nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2008, 01:15:56 PM »

Howie and I are brothers Brian.   :o

I've just never forgiven him for becoming a New Yakker  ;)

B B

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2008, 01:18:31 PM »

The frame is the same P/N for the Road King, Road Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Ultra Classic and all CVO models of same. No reason why with time and patience you can't, but you've got to strip off your entire chrome RK nacelle and buy the RG nacell as well as the inner and outer fairings, brkts, headlights and directional signals. I believe my suggestion earlier about taking an 00 SERG down to the frame and building the bike of your dreams would be a wiser course of action.

B B
     By the way, use whatever the hell stabilizer makes you happy, ( I have no vested interest in any of em) but whatever brand you use, they are an essential part of a good handling bagger.

Thanks B....
The fairings pop up cheap on ebay sometimes...
A mind is a terrible thing to waste, it is slow here today.  :P
I use the Str-8 or whatever it is called, so far so good...

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2008, 01:20:47 PM »

Thanks B....
The fairings pop up cheap on ebay sometimes...
A mind is a terrible thing to waste, it is slow here today.  :P
I use the Str-8 or whatever it is called, so far so good...

Yeah, real cheap.  (NOT )

I paid $725 delivered Monday for a brand new (never used)  00 B/W/O SERG fairing and nacelle.

B B

miker

• 5k CVO Member

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2008, 01:27:25 PM »

hogdooz
            Were I you, I would strip the bike you have to the frame and rebuild it. If your paint is good, have it wetsanded and a couple of coats of clear shot. If it needs some touch up, a good shop can do it and then do the clear coat. Have the frame blasted and a nice new powdercoat done. The later model swingarm fits your frame so you can upgrade that and Dean Nelson who builds trikes and is a site member has swingarms as take-offs from the conversions he does.  Ship your front end off to Traxion Dynamics for the AK-20 pkg and a set of Bitubo rear shocks. Install a True-Track (no stabilizer better IMHO) Put your stock motor and trans on the shelf and drop in a TP 124 and Baker DD6. You'll need a complete 03 and up wiring harness and ECM, but those aren't really that expensive. Might even pick up the ECM on this site. There's a unit to convert the fuel hook-up which I believe I have laying around somewhere (probably at Beagle's house) Change your axle's to 1" ( simple matter of bearings and spacers) . All this will probably set you back $15k- $18k but you will have the best damn SERG around. Your registration and insurance will be based on your bike being a 2000 not a 2009 ( big $$ savings every year) and you will truly have the ride you dream about.  I'm done waitin for H-D to try to satsify me. They're never going to. From here on out I build my own and I urge others to do the same.

B B

BB

Pay attention!
His post is a few days short of being a year old.
He was right, no SERG for 08.
But 09 is a different story!
BB, do I have to clean up everything for you?

:nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2008, 02:48:52 PM »

It's quite possible Hoist and Brian have always been one and the same? It'd be just like Hoist to argue with himself, if no-one was around for him to argue with.  ;D

Who did I just insult, Howie or Brian?
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2008, 02:54:08 PM »

It's quite possible Hoist and Brian have always been one and the same? It'd be just like Hoist to argue with himself, if no-one was around for him to argue with.  ;D

Who did I just insult, Howie or Brian?

Neither, you spoke the truth  8)

B B

TWR

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2008, 11:26:05 PM »

hi henry thanks for your kind words about my kit , but i don't bash other kits out their like some guys bash mine, to each his own and my kit speaks for itself in quality and how it performs, after selling a few hundred with all pos. feedback thanks tracy

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2008, 12:12:39 AM »

Gentlemen;

I have removed a few posts from this thread that were deemed to be "personal" attacks. Please play nice and follow the rules of posting 8)

REGGAB

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2008, 12:18:57 AM »

Gentlemen;

I have removed a few posts from this thread that were deemed to be "personal" attacks. Please play nice and follow the rules of posting 8)

Thanks, Jim.  I'll "Man Up", and admit, "guilty as charged."  Really glad guys like you are here to skim the BS off the top of the good stuff.

Henry
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 21 queries.