Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: roadglide headlight cover  (Read 5130 times)

SERGLIDER

• ONE V ROD  ONE EAGLE
roadglide headlight cover
« on: March 22, 2004, 01:38:57 PM »

hi ladies, and gents
anyone ever taken off thier headlight cover to clean inside of cover? how does it come off? dont want to force and break it , like i normally do... lol
2000 ROAD GLIDE
ORANGE/BLACK

hd-51

• 2 eagles 1 garage
Re: roadglide headlight cover
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2004, 03:32:04 PM »

Put a rag over the end of a slotted screwdriver and pry at the tabs on the under side. After you have the bottom out the top is easy. Becareful not to scratch the paint or the cover. good Luck. Chris

SERGLIDER

• ONE V ROD  ONE EAGLE
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2004, 03:43:26 PM »

THANKS CHRIS, I APPREICATE THE INFO. THOUGHT ID ASK BEFORE I TRASHED SOMETHING, I USUALLY I BREAK THAN ASK, IM TURNING OVER A NEW LEAF, IM EITHER GETTING SMARTER OR TIRED OF REPLACING DAMAGED GOODS. ANYWAY ITS A NEW BIKE FOR ME AND IM STARTING OVER ON THE LEARNING PROCESS.  THANKS AGAIN, BE SAFE [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
2000 ROAD GLIDE
ORANGE/BLACK

hogwldfltr

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2004, 10:48:51 AM »

I usually just use my thumbs on the two tabs at the bottom of the cover located at about 7:30 and 4:30.  Push the tabs in and pull the bottom of the cover out.

For what it's worth, there is another site for Road Glides on Yahoogroups. The site's name is Roadglide. It's almost soul focus is Road Glides and it has some great technical participants.

By the way, miss Columbus after living there for 9 years starting when I was 18 (1970). The Hocking Valley/Hills are beautiful riding country.

-Lee
(Bend, OR)

SERGLIDER

• ONE V ROD  ONE EAGLE
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2004, 11:08:27 AM »

THANKS LEE,
APPRECIATE THE INFO, THANKS FOR THE LEAD ON THE YAHOO ROADGLIDE GROUP ALSO. WELL IM SURE COLUMBUS MISS YOU TOO. YES THE HOCKING HILLS IS GREAT RIDING, ALL THE HILLS AND TWISTYS ON RT 664 IS A BLAST, EVER GET TO COME BACK? IF SO , GIVE ME A SHOUT MAYBE DO SOME RIDING FOR OLD TIMES SAKE [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
2000 ROAD GLIDE
ORANGE/BLACK

HDBIGMAN

• THE ROAD GOES ON FOREVER
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2004, 02:12:49 PM »

I don't suppose anyone has ever seen a smoke or gray color/tinted headlight cover to fit a Roadglige. I've got the black/silver/gray 01 and I have the smoke color rear turn signal lenses from Harley but think a tinted headlight cover would look cool. I've considered trying to apply that spray on tint to the inside of the cover but fear I might screw it up completely, if I don't find one maybe I'll try the spray on stuff when it comes time replace the current cover.[bgcolor=Gray][/bgcolor]

booboosboss

• Junior CVO Member
  • SATISFIED
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2004, 08:02:47 PM »

Today I popped my cover off 2 clean it and to my dismay I found that my lenses have melted !!! Both are distorted . One has a large crack and the other has a smaller crack with bubbles !!! I drive with hi beams on during the day , so I wonder if the prolonged additional heat caused this ....Has anyone else had this problem??? [smiley=confused5.gif] . Im gonna order the upgrade kit ASAP ..... only if the lenses are glass , not plastic .
« Last Edit: October 20, 2004, 08:07:10 PM by booboosboss »

bluesei2

• HD4me
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2005, 02:18:59 PM »

I found the information in this string to be very helpful.  Even though it is about 40f degrees in the garage,  I had to give it a shot.  I found that a narrow (1") putty knife with tape on the end worked great to get it free.  I also found that there were only three gaskets on the lense (top, left and right).  Is there supposed to be a gasket on the bottom?   I figured maybe someone removed the lens previously and perhaps it was lost.  

Gotta get on the bike and get a coffee even if it is 30 something degrees [smiley=1syellow1.gif].  Cheers to all

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 21 queries.