Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: New wheels & tires...now I just need the $  (Read 11143 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: New wheels & tires...now I just need the $
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2007, 11:26:43 AM »

I think the ones in this pic look absolutely cool if the rims are actually black as they appear to be. The only thing I would suggest on the SE Fatboy is to lose the tin seat pan and also put some rad Paul Yaffe pipes on it. He's got some really cool black out shotguns with chrome heatsheilds that look like the barrel cover on a Browning .50 cal

Good luck. Post your address and I'll send you $1 to get started. If everyone on the site sends you a buck you got your wheels covered Dude.

Where you you when I was getting my wheels, B B?  My feelings are hurt...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2007, 11:31:53 AM »

You weren't kidding.  His bike looks great.  The 18's make an enormous difference.  Same with BigDaddy's ride.  The larger wheels really enhance the looks.

I did confirm the tire sizes as well...150/70x18 rear Metz, and 140/70x18 Metz front.  Looks really good on his bike.  Did you notice the Windvest screen on the front...that is another add that looks nice on the FB...you'd be surprised what a difference that screen makes, and it is a high quality piece.  I've got one on my Vrod.

The only thing he didn't do is get the chrome calipers...if you can afford them, it is money well spent, not only for looks, but braking performance is drastically improved. :2vrolijk_21:

TTS Mastertune

TankerPig

• Full CVO Member
  • Be careful, sobriety can make you do silly things!
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2007, 08:31:44 PM »

TC, thanks for the assist.  I need to give HogPro a call after the holiday weekend.  Spider, I sincerely appreciate the offer, but I have the cash...it's just a matter of prying it away from my woman's kung-fu grip.   :D

From what I can tell from several other photos I've seen of the wheels, they are black with the chrome section w/in the spokes.  They should look pretty good.

TC, as far as the Windvest goes, is it easy to install and remove?  Looks handy on long runs.

Everyone have a safe and fun Memorial Day weekend!! Semper Fidelis!
2005 Screamin Eagle Fatboy
V&H Big Shots Staggered
Zipper's High Flow Air Cleaner
PCIII USB
PM Contrast Cut Gasser wheels, pulley, rotors

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2007, 08:46:02 PM »

Where you you when I was getting my wheels, B B?  My feelings are hurt...

You didn't look like you needed assistance from what I saw in Maggie Valley TC, but if it makes you feel better little brother, PM me your address and I'll send you a buck.

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2007, 12:22:25 PM »

Here's the pic...HogPro uses his bike for their website...

As great as that looks (it does without doubt) I think they should have used my ride for their advertisment. The latest edition to HogPro's lineup with pully and rotors and chrome Calipers...
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2007, 12:23:54 PM »

Closer
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2007, 12:25:57 PM »

For a real up close look, the showroom is restricted to dark shades on customers at all times...

d o g o l s

• 1K CVO Member
  • *** ride save and have fun***

• CVO1: blue Thunder FLHTCUSE-4
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE-2 black-orange-Jester
    • CVO3: 2008 FXDB black
    • Harley Fan
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2007, 09:56:30 PM »

I've decided on a set of wheels I will get for the ride, PM Cross-cut Gassers.  I've checked the posts regarding tires and there seem to be some mixed reviews about the Metz ME880, but I think I'll try that out anyhow.  I plan on getting 18" rims for front and back, but am unsure of the right wheel width/tire size combo I need to retain the same handling I have now.  I've made a sincere attempt to try to understand the confusing language of motorcycle tires, but am not positive  :confused5:.  I'm thinking I can go with a 18" x 4.25" rear wheel with a 150/70-18 tire, but not too sure of the correct adjustment for the front.  Has anyone else w/ an '05 changed their wheel?  What did you go with?

Awesome choice

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2007, 03:24:10 PM »

TC, thanks for the assist.  I need to give HogPro a call after the holiday weekend.  Spider, I sincerely appreciate the offer, but I have the cash...it's just a matter of prying it away from my woman's kung-fu grip.   :D

From what I can tell from several other photos I've seen of the wheels, they are black with the chrome section w/in the spokes.  They should look pretty good.

TC, as far as the Windvest goes, is it easy to install and remove?  Looks handy on long runs.

Everyone have a safe and fun Memorial Day weekend!! Semper Fidelis!

TP...Windvest is very easy to install and remove.  What's nice about it is it's not too much, so you may find yourself growing used to it and actually liking the look of the bike with it on.  I have one on my Vrod and have decided I like the bike better with it on...actually adds a bit to the look, IMO.

TTS Mastertune

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2007, 03:25:30 PM »

You didn't look like you needed assistance from what I saw in Maggie Valley TC, but if it makes you feel better little brother, PM me your address and I'll send you a buck.

We'll just have a beer next time we meet  :2vrolijk_21:

TTS Mastertune

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2007, 03:27:22 PM »

As great as that looks (it does without doubt) I think they should have used my ride for their advertisment. The latest edition to HogPro's lineup with pully and rotors and chrome Calipers...

Great look!!  Good choice of wheels!

TTS Mastertune

TankerPig

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2007, 03:25:48 PM »

I just called HogPro and spoke with Andy (Phil wan't in today) and he quoted me $4,340 (which includes the wheels, matching pulley and rotors, Metz's, mount & balance, and ship to VA).  He said that PM has a history of running behind, approx 8-10 weeks for PM to make and ship to HogPro.  Then once at HogPro, one day turn around there and approx a week for the gear to get to the east coast from CA.

Since this is my first time buying wheels and tires, does this sound like a fair price to everyone?  Personally, I think it's a good deal.  HogPro's price is below what PM would charge me for the gear.  I'll probably end up ordering them this week.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 05:50:00 PM by TankerPig »
V&H Big Shots Staggered
PCIII USB

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2007, 05:34:43 PM »

If your dealing with Hogpro then your pricing is good already. When i ordered my Xtreme machine wheels i was told 6 to 8 weeks and they arrived 16 weeks later. Hogpro was in my corner and did the best they could in that situation. i would only buy my wheels from them now anyway. Good luck and can't wait to see some pics.  Good luck,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2007, 03:46:36 PM »

I just called HogPro and spoke with Randy (Phil wan't in today) and he quoted me $4,340 (which includes the wheels, matching pulley and rotors, Metz's, mount & balance, and ship to VA).  He said that PM has a history of running behind, approx 8-10 weeks for PM to make and ship to HogPro.  Then once at HogPro, one day turn around there and approx a week for the gear to get to the east coast from CA.

Since this is my first time buying wheels and tires, does this sound like a fair price to everyone?  Personally, I think it's a good deal.  HogPro's price is below what PM would charge me for the gear.  I'll probably end up ordering them this week.

I think it's a fair price...HogPro has good prices, and excellent customer service.  You might nickel and dime, searching the websites, and pick up a part here and a part there cheaper, but getting the whole package delivered, ready to mount up, and also dealing with one source that you know is on your side, is worth a lot.  The time frame they quoted you is about right, or was for my stuff.

You've done the most agonizing part....deciding what you want, now it's just a wait.  It'll be worth it!!

TTS Mastertune

TankerPig

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2007, 05:53:38 PM »

I just placed my order with HogPro, and much to my suprise I wrote down the price incorrectly.  The actual price I was quoted was $3,340..WOOHOO  :drink:

With that grand I'm not going to end up spending, I may have to buy some new calipers soon...  :D

Thanks for all the tips and help, everyone!  I'll post pics as soon as I get those suckers on, but as TC said, now's the wait.
V&H Big Shots Staggered
PCIII USB
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.225 seconds with 24 queries.