Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: 2006 FLSTFSE2  (Read 13654 times)

Bad Bill

Re: 2006 FLSTFSE2
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2005, 06:11:18 PM »

Does anyone actually have a 2006 FLSTFSE2?  Mine will be in San Diego at the end of October.  I'm looking for owner impressions/opinions of the stock motorcycle.  Never had a softail, just FXR's and Dyna's over the years.

Thanks for any input.

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2005, 07:39:40 AM »

I checked out the 06 range on the weekend & really loved the wide rear ends on the Softail family. I am sure my 05 would look great with one. Would the 06 parts bolt on to the 05? is there an offset problem with the belt drive? is the seat the same?
What parts would be required?
1. rear fender
2. swing arm
3. fender struts
5. wheel & 200 tyre
6. (some sort of offset kit)?
7. anything else????

[smiley=bulb2.gif]
« Last Edit: October 03, 2005, 07:44:49 AM by AUSSIE_FLSTFSE »
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2005, 08:05:05 AM »

I checked out the 06 range on the weekend & really loved the wide rear ends on the Softail family. I am sure my 05 would look great with one. Would the 06 parts bolt on to the 05? is there an offset problem with the belt drive? is the seat the same?
 What parts would be required?
1. rear fender
2. swing arm
3. fender struts
5. wheel & 200 tyre
6. (some sort of offset kit)?
7. anything else????

[smiley=bulb2.gif]

This is what H-D put out at the start of the '06 model:

FXST/I Models (except Deuce™)
• 200 mm rear tires
• [bgcolor=Yellow]New frame and swingarm for 200 mm tires[/bgcolor]
• [bgcolor=Yellow]20 mm drive belt for Softail models with 200 mm rear tire[/bgcolor]
• OE on FXST/I, FXSTB/I, and FXSTS/I models
• [bgcolor=Yellow]Wider Bobtail fenders on these models for 200 mm tire.[/bgcolor]
• New 6"x17" rear wheels
• New wheel options for these models include a forged
rear disc wheel and a front Chrome Profile Laced wheel

Jerry
« Last Edit: October 03, 2005, 09:08:11 AM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

txfatboy

• Junior CVO Member
  • H-D High Dollar!
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2005, 09:02:57 PM »

Does anyone have pics of the concord purple/canyon copper (besides the stock pics)?  Mine won't be here until November, and the waiting is killing me!

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2005, 11:17:01 PM »

Does anyone have pics of the concord purple/canyon copper (besides the stock pics)?  Mine won't be here until November, and the waiting is killing me!

tx, i feel your pain man, im in the same boat it sounds like everyone will be getting that
color at the end of october. my dealer says thats the planned release date of that color
i called every harley dealer for 150mi around my area looking for a dealer who might have one, but i got the same answer from all of them. i beleve harley does this on purpose, not to give any dealer an advantage over another. i found one picture from tje
sturgis rally pictures, this was taken at the sturgis harley dealership, how they got one is beyond me. it was taken with a flash which makes the purple a little over exposed
but its better than nothing, i guess?
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

txfatboy

• Junior CVO Member
  • H-D High Dollar!
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2005, 03:37:19 PM »

EAGLE,

Thanks for the pic, I've had my doubts about that color, but looks nice in that pic.  That copper frame really stands out.  I could do without the purple, but hey...."beggers can't be choosers!"  It is kind of a WILD paint scheme...but i'm sure i'll get used to it.  Sure think the motor would have looked better in BLACK with chrome accents instead of grey.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2005, 08:02:58 PM »

EAGLE,

Thanks for the pic, I've had my doubts about that color, but looks nice in that pic.  That copper frame really stands out.  I could do without the purple, but hey...."beggers can't be choosers!"  It is kind of a WILD paint scheme...but i'm sure i'll get used to it.  Sure think the motor would have looked better in BLACK with chrome accents instead of grey.

tx, yea, i had my doubts too, but i think when you see it in person you will change your mind. the paint is what sets this bike apart from pack, no one will believe that it came straight from milwaukee!! i do agree with you about the motor, the black would have punched through all that chrome and looked smoking hot. overall its a small issue, considering all the other incredible features of the bike. well, ike you all i have been thinking about is getting this bike, i have all the pictures on my screen saver at home and work, i call the dealer almost daily to see if they have an update on the ship date
( they hate my guts) but i cant help it, i am totally head over heels over this bike, you could put a supermodel in front of the bike and i would just push her aside to get another look at the bike. all i can say is i am glad im only one state away from HD HQ, so when they do finally ship i can pitch a tent out at my harley dealer and wait for the truck to roll in.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 02:26:07 AM by EAGLE1 »

txfatboy

• Junior CVO Member
  • H-D High Dollar!
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2005, 09:17:12 AM »

EAGLE,

I too think about getting this bike everyday.  We have a rally to go to next week, and since I totalled my 01 fatboy, the dealer is going to let me have an 06 dyna as a demo for the rally.  I can't wait, as I haven't been on a bike in 3 months.  

Are you going to do any big changes when you get your bike?  I have to set mine up for 2-up riding as my wife and I usually ride together.  I plan on getting a sundowner seat, sissy bar, windshield, passenger pegs and vance & hines pipes.  I had thought about just getting a RK, but it seems like you get more for your money when you buy a cvo, and I didn't think I was ready for an Ultra yet!   Besides, I like the look of that rear 200 and front 140 tire.  I have a feeling that the 07 bikes will probably all come out with 200 rear tire, but that's just a guess.  But 200 is as big as they should go, in my opinion.  

CHAOS2006

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2005, 05:10:31 PM »

Hi all,
I too am getting the Fat Boy custom. I am also concerned about the paint. I am torn between the Purple and copper and the Autumn Haze and black. What do you guys think about the paint. Any pictures other than the factory would be great. I have one phot of the autumn haze one.
Chris

CHAOS2006

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2005, 05:17:36 PM »

Pictures

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2005, 05:19:17 PM »

Hi all,
I too am getting the Fat Boy custom. I am also concerned about the paint. I am torn between the Purple and copper and the Autumn Haze and black. What do you guys think about the paint. Any pictures other than the factory would be great. I have one phot of the autumn haze one.
Chris

Chris, you need to rename the files you're attempting to upload to remove the underscore and parantheses.  Just use alpha and numeral characters in your filenames for upload.  

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2005, 11:16:12 AM »

Hi all,
Chris

chris, i came across a couple of the pics, i have seen the Autumn Haze at my dealer and turned it down, the other two bikes have colored frames, the Autumn Haze combo makes it black, most stock bikes have this feature, but you pay extra for this on the cvo, that was a dumb move in my eye on harley's behalf. the blue and yellow is bright, it will stand out. but im not buying a bike that looks like most of my 4 year old's fisher price toys, so i am going with the Purple and copper, i think its the badass of the bunch!

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2005, 11:17:39 AM »

chris, i came across a couple of the pics, i have seen the Autumn Haze at my dealer and turned it down, the other two bikes have colored frames, the Autumn Haze combo makes it black, most stock bikes have this feature, but you pay extra for this on the cvo, that was a dumb move in my eye on harley's behalf. the blue and yellow is bright, it will stand out. but im not buying a bike that looks like most of my 4 year old's fisher price toys, so i am going with the Purple and copper, i think its the badass of the bunch!

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2005, 11:18:15 AM »

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2005, 11:20:52 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 21 queries.