Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hot Primary Cover...  (Read 1149 times)

strasinner

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 ultra classic cvo
    • CVO2: 08 Heritage (non cvo of course)
Hot Primary Cover...
« on: July 07, 2011, 01:28:57 AM »

Anyone ever melt the heal of your boot, on your primary cover? I did it putting the stand down on my 09 CUSE. My 08 Heritage doesn't even come close to being that hot.

trippy

• Full CVO Member
  • 2007 CVO Road King 113cu Stage 4 Baker F6R
Re: Hot Primary Cover...
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 06:56:08 AM »

Check your clutch is not slipping and that your primary fluid is up to the correct level, are you using std HD fluid, if so change for red shift, also are you getting any other symptoms, noises etc?

Do you have the standard compensator, if so this can start to overheat when it starts to fail, as most do, even if not the comp, if you have to go into
the primary, change the compensator for the SE version (from 2010 onwards they fit the SE comp as standard).

Good luck.

WHUFC   COYI

strasinner

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 ultra classic cvo
    • CVO2: 08 Heritage (non cvo of course)
Re: Hot Primary Cover...
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 11:31:12 AM »

Okay, I just had another oil leak  fixed. This was the third, and this time the leak was from the crankshaft stator wire pigtail. Where the rubber grommet and wire comes through the case (I think the excessive heat fried this) and they had to tear the primary all a part to do so. While in there they found the crank seal blown and the primary extremely overfull with motor oil, go figure. Now I got it back, and it seems to be a little cooler on the primary side, but now it has what I would call excessive crankcase pressure. It sounds like a beer opening when I check the oil (which makes me thirsty) at certain times. It had done this before when I first started riding it in 09 and the Tech found no problems. I guess what I am wondering is,  I know that with a Automobile that excessive crankcase pressure can cause all kinds of oil leaks and other problems. I am a retired Auto tech from many moons ago, and what scares me even more is what the cause of excessive pressure could be. Do these 110 engines have that much blow-by? Do I have a vent problem? Is this bike going to start puking oil again from a new spot? Last but not least, what kind of internal wear and damage has already occurred, because of the oil leaks, blown crank seal, over filled primary, and general high temp operations. If the primary was overfull then the engine was low on oil. I have 19000 miles on the bike and wonder will I ever get to 30,000 mile service. Maybe I should dump this bike now and get a Road Glide Ultra, but I love "Big Red" and would hate to see her go, especially at a loss of about 10,000.

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 22 queries.