Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Lower exhaust sound  (Read 7607 times)

anzac

• Full CVO Member
Lower exhaust sound
« on: December 28, 2015, 12:26:09 PM »

I have a 2014 CVO, I had the converter taken out and had screaming eagle mufflers installed, the problem is that at low speed the pipes sound great but at higher speeds they are too noisy and since I ride in a group it annoys the other riders.

The dealer said that the SE mufflers are only a few decimals over the stock pipes and it should not be a problem  and are not quite sure how to quieten them. any suggestions ?

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Lower exhaust sound
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 01:37:24 PM »

I think the problem may be that you took the word of somebody working at a dealership instead of coming here first.  They just want to sell you a Harley product.  :nervous:

You might think about putting your stock mufflers back on and just putting in the 1.75 Fullsac baffles.  :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 03:19:26 PM »

I think the problem may be that you took the word of somebody working at a dealership instead of coming here first.  They just want to sell you a Harley product.  :nervous:

You might think about putting your stock mufflers back on and just putting in the 1.75 Fullsac baffles.  :nixweiss:

+1 on the Fullsac baffles. I'm using the 1.75 on my 11.5 ultra and like the sound, nice mellow rumble at cruise and just enough "bark" when you twist the grip.
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2016, 08:09:46 PM »

+1 on the Fullsac baffles. I'm using the 1.75 on my 11.5 ultra and like the sound, nice mellow rumble at cruise and just enough "bark" when you twist the grip.

+2, and if you don't like the sound with the 1.75" you can always change them to a larger size.
My 113 sounds great with the 2", and my 103 is quiet with the smaller ones. I ride in a group often and no one complains riding behind me!
 8)
HOGMIKE

ltank

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 S&S V111, CustomS.S. 2-1 exhaust, Primo-Rivera OD 6 speed, 49mm Custom Front End Ohlins 30mm Fork cartridges , Hyperpro Shocks, Barnett Scorpian Clutch
    • CVO2: 1983 88" Shovelhead Won the World of Wheels 1985 Sept 85 Issue of Hot Bike Mag
    • CVO3: 1989 FXRS, 1990 Custom 100" Shovelhead/ EVO
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 09:37:36 PM »

I don't worry about my Bike's exhaust note. I think it sounds Great. I seldom Ride with others. If they don't like it they can Ride in front of me or Ride farther back. My wife says I will go deaf but the bright side is I won't have to listen to her complain about something that made her mad.

Gkup

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 Street Glide
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2016, 06:57:45 AM »

Load pipes save lives!

mark

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2016, 09:29:27 AM »

X2 on both paragraphs.

jmanderson6

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra CVO
    • CVO2: 2014 Softail Deluxe NON-CVO
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2016, 09:58:24 AM »

i have the 2.0 cores and love them!!!! i travel for a living meaning spending most nights in hotels i didn't want LOUD but something that had some noise to it, but i still have my stock headpiece with cat so the 1.75 would probably be best. everyone i talked to that went fullsac loves theres..

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2016, 10:47:10 AM »

Load pipes save lives!

Not.   No.  Not ever.  Not one. 

STOP SAYING "LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES"

Few factors contribute more to misunderstanding and prejudice against the motorcycling community than excessively noisy motorcycles.

"Loud Pipes Save Lives " or The Madness Behind the Myt.

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

spada84

• Elite CVO Member
  • Stand for something, or fall for anything.

• CVO1: '10 SEUC "Orange Crush"
    • CVO2: 6 (or 7) other bikes
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2016, 01:33:05 PM »

Not.   No.  Not ever.  Not one. 

STOP SAYING "LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES"

Few factors contribute more to misunderstanding and prejudice against the motorcycling community than excessively noisy motorcycles.

"Loud Pipes Save Lives " or The Madness Behind the Myt.

Good article. Yes, I have changed my pipes. No, they are not excessively loud. I have the Akrapovic titanium (lighter) slip-ons with the optional valve that I can close to quiet the exhaust. I refuse to ride behind those running "open" pipes.
Spada84
NoSofa!

bigchuck

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 Limited
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2016, 02:26:05 AM »

i have the 2.0 cores and love them!!!! i travel for a living meaning spending most nights in hotels i didn't want LOUD but something that had some noise to it, but i still have my stock headpiece with cat so the 1.75 would probably be best. everyone i talked to that went fullsac loves theres..

I'm putting 2.0 cores behind DX header. I hope they aren't too loud. I'm thinking maybe I should have went with 1.75s. I heard they were barely louder than stock but forgot about the extra volume of the DX over cat stock header. Time will tell. I just don't want to have to spend $ on stereo to hear it.
2015 CVO Limited
Long Ride Shield
Fullsac dx w/2"cores, TTS tuned by Wolfgang
Super Shox

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2016, 10:04:50 AM »

I'm putting 2.0 cores behind DX header. I hope they aren't too loud. I'm thinking maybe I should have went with 1.75s. I heard they were barely louder than stock but forgot about the extra volume of the DX over cat stock header. Time will tell. I just don't want to have to spend $ on stereo to hear it.

Assuming you use all the packing in the stock muffler when changing cores, low speeds, RPM's will be pretty quiet.
If it's still too loud for you, go with the 1.75 baffles.
JMHO
 8)
HOGMIKE

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2016, 11:28:05 AM »

I have the 2 inch Fulsac cores and they are not too loud. Nice rumble cruising and bark when you get on it.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2016, 11:43:11 AM »

Load pipes save lives!

Horse feathers!  The only thing loud pipes do is make you go deaf while pizzing off everyone else.  If you ever wonder why so many of the general public seem to hate bikers and especially Harley bikers, it's not just the silly biker gang movies.  It's also the obnoxious jerks who force everyone else to listen to their loud pipes.  I place them in the same category as those flakes who stuff the back end of their cars with ten grand worth of amps and speakers so they can slow cruise through neighborhoods pizzing off everyone.  Some people can't get enough attention legitimately I guess, so they have to resort to juvenile crap to say "look at me".

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Ridgerunr

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2016, 11:50:18 AM »

Or get Supertrapp mufflers. Quiet, make good power.
2004 Roadglide 113" (sold)
2014 CVO RoadKing
2015 RGS
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 20 queries.