Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: PC Tuning Link  (Read 3180 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: PC Tuning Link
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2007, 04:41:59 PM »

Sorry to disappoint gang. Dynojet needed to mail something to my friend, not just download the program. He's expecting it on Mon. I'm picking the bike up in the morning so I'll have it for the weekend to ride with AJ. I'll drop it back off on Tues to get the tuning done. I'll let you know how we do next week. Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: PC Tuning Link
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2007, 10:46:20 PM »

The tune I got on my bike was done with this software (tuning link) in Advanced Mode (each cylinder tuned individually).  The dyno room changed the air a minimum of 6 times a minute with huge filtered intakes and exhaust fans out the roof, along with two squirrel cage fans, one for each cylinder.  The bike was allowed to cool for 30 minutes between tuning each cylinder.  The target AFR was 13.4/1 at steady throttle positions, and 13/1 at WOT.  Although I don't think my bike is absolutely optimally tuned (98 TQ/95 HP), and could get in the low 100's with a little more work, it's close enough for now.  The tune got me about 10/10 over a "canned" map I had loaded from FuelMoto USA to ride the bike to the tuner, as it was rich.

Like any other self tuning control system, the computer is going to pick a set of acceptable parameters and tune the bike based on comparing the sniffers to those tuning parameters it is given.  And expert tuner CAN do better, no doubt, but finding one is the key.  I'm happy with the way my motor is running with the Tuning Link software utilized by the tuner I used, who has done hundreds of bikes.  In the end, it comes down to whether it's worth 100+ more dollars in dyno time to get a couple of more numbers that may only amount to a 2 or 3 percent increase.

If you go to the Dynojet website, it lists tuners within a certain radius of you who have the Tuning Link software.  It is not an inexpensive add to the normal tuning software provided with the Dyno, so even the large dealers don't always have it.  My guy is a small shop, but he believes in the software for a number of reasons, so tunes with it.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 24 queries.