Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Which exhaust and tuner?  (Read 6199 times)

gunstock

• CVO1: 2012 Citrus/Gunstock Streetglide
Which exhaust and tuner?
« on: September 08, 2011, 09:09:35 PM »

I am not a techie at all.  I had Rineharts on my Ultra before the SESG.  I have been told to go with d&d's 2-1 but I see everyone talking about the Fullsac's?  What is the best way to go.  Obviously I am wanting the best sound and performance for the money.

Suggestions? 

Thanks

Fast FLHX

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Kryptonite FLHXSE2 (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2020 Smokey Grey/Black Hole FLHXSE
Re: Which exhaust and tuner?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 10:56:35 PM »

2-1 is best performance along with a dyno tune but you will either need a ghost pipe or go without a pipe filling the left saddle bag.

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 11:29:11 PM »

I am not a techie at all.  I had Rineharts on my Ultra before the SESG.  I have been told to go with d&d's 2-1 but I see everyone talking about the Fullsac's?  What is the best way to go.  Obviously I am wanting the best sound and performance for the money.Suggestions? 

Thanks

Fullsac.  :2vrolijk_21:
2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

mark

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 11:29:46 PM »

Fullsac 2.0 baffles will give you better than stock rumble, but not as loud as Rineharts, V&H, etc.  I doubt if the Fullsac 2.25 baffles will be as loud as V&H or Rineharts...maybe someone with the 2.25's can comment.  

Baffles, TTS Mastertune, & ceramic coated header from Fullsac will run you $1,100.  You want find more bang for the buck than Fullsac.  You'll need a dremel tool, drill, and a garage mechanic's ability.  Torque wrench would be an added bonus, but not absolutely necessary.

If you run into problems/questions, this site will work you thru it.  Good luck.      

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 11:31:24 PM »

Kinda' depends on your horsepower/dollar tolerance. Many dollars have been spent chasing 5hp.
I had Fullsac remove the Cat (before they made the X-pipe), use their 2.0 baffles and have a dyne tune with a ProSERT.
90hp/104 ft lbs.

If I was doing it now, I'd still use a ProSERT, use the X-pipe and go with the 1.75" baffles.

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 11:34:27 PM »

Kinda' depends on your horsepower/dollar tolerance. Many dollars have been spent chasing 5hp.
I had Fullsac remove the Cat (before they made the X-pipe), use their 2.0 baffles and have a dyne tune with a ProSERT.
90hp/104 ft lbs.

If I was doing it now, I'd still use a ProSERT, use the X-pipe and go with the 1.75" baffles.

w/o engine mods, Why is that?
2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 11:44:16 PM »

• My dealer is familiar with it.
    It's all H-D, so no finger pointing
    I got great results ... it's really all about the AFR

xsdbs

• Full CVO Member
  • 2012 CVO Street Glide
    • Vincent's Web Page
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 02:48:09 PM »

I replaced the stock headpipe with a 2009 headpipe which eliminates the cat (and the HEAT!).
I replaced the cores from the stock mufflers with 2.25 cores from www.fullsac.com
I'm using a PowerCommanderV from www.fuelmotousa.com

Total cost about $500.

xsdbs

Panhead_Jimmy

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 03:36:11 PM »

90hp/104 ft lbs.

X2  I've had this exact combination on my last two bikes and never wished for anything more.  I feel comfortable out on the road at other H-D shops with the SERT since it's recognized as one of "theirs".  However, every person that I know on this site that has the TTS is completely satisfied, too.
2004 Hemi Dodge Slammed Ram, Short Bed Std Cab
1945 Knuckle
1956 Pan
2015 FLHTKSE
2017 CVO Street Glide Orange/Starfire Black

TheLoneWolfPack

• The Lone Wolf
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2011, 10:04:12 PM »

I have V&H power chamber (aka X chamber) headers.  Gives you 2 into 1 performance with a balanced look.  SE Pro Supert Tuner.  Dyno gives me 113 Torque.  Great throttle response and performance, and sound very nice, not too loud.  Not sure if its the best, but it works for me.

My buddy has a 103 Road Glide with a ThunderHeader, which sounds better than mine, and his bike is just as fast, though he does have a Cam and Thundermax tuner.

Personally, his sounds way better, but I'm not a big fan of a single exhaust under my saddlebags.

If looks do not matter, I would say ThunderHeader.
2011 FLHXSE2, 113 Torque Pounds, Screamin’ Eagle Pro Super Tuner, Vanc & Hines Power Chamber, Rinehart 4", Sundowner Seat, Standard Backrest, FLHX Passenger Floor Boards, Garmin 665 Weather/Nav, 10" Windshield, Fairing, Air Deflectors,

SG Racer

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG2, Black Diamond/ Inferno Orange
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG, Cherry
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2011, 12:02:07 AM »

I have the D&D 2 into 1, with a ghost pipe. I have the SE race tuner. I love the sound and the performance.
 The Fullsac set up is great though. Have heard many of them. They have a great package deal also. The 2 into 1 will give you a couple extra horsepower, but it is not cheap either. You can put the Fullsac set up on for the price of the D&D, and you get the tuner with it. The D&D you will still have to get a tuner.
 All that said, I love the D&D. It performs great and it is a little loud. I can still hear the radio just fine, at least until I twist the throttle hard. Good luck.
 Ray
D&D Fat Cat W/Ghost pipe
Custom leather seat
12" Yaffe Monkey Bagger Bars
SEPST
93Hp, 116Tq

AZ Sparky

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 in Kryptonite/Black
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2011, 01:34:17 PM »

It's up to you and what sound you like/what you can afford.

I did the Fullsac CVO Stage 1 combo - you can get it for right around $1K - mine was a little more as Fullsac and I both are in AZ and I had to pay the sales tax.

I went with the 2.25" cores.

All in all it went pretty well - I've got some tips for the install in another post.  The worst part is that my garrage is not cooled and it topped 115 outdoors while I was working in there.  The wife just wouldn't let me bring the bike in through the patio door...

Final input - some here have said they went with a MoCo (SERT, etc) tuner so they would avoid problems with their warranty - this is an incorrect assumption on their part or their dealer is leading them astray.  Either way - the complete truth is that no matter what tuner you go with, you run the risk (however slight) of your warranty not covering problems caused by the tuner. BUT, and this is a BIG but, the MoCo MUST prove that the mods you made (including the tuner and map) were the direct cause of any problem you experience.  Otherwise, the warranty will cover you.
Sparky

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2011, 01:43:40 PM »

Final input - some here have said they went with a MoCo (SERT, etc) tuner so they would avoid problems with their warranty

My reason for using a ProSERT wasn't warranty related. As others have said, it's comforting that any HD dealer is familiar with the tuner and I did get great results. If you're doing the work yourself, or if your dealer is comfortable with the TTS setup, you should have no problems. if your dealer is like mine and never heard of the TTS system, use what they're used to. You get better results if you're not the experiment...

trahog

• Elite CVO Member
  • Living life
    • FL

• CVO1: 2000 screaming eagle road glide
    • CVO2: 2005 screaming eagle v-rod 2009 cvo road Glide 2011cvo street glide
    • CVO3: 2015 cvo street glide
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2011, 02:23:26 PM »

TTS and D&D fat cat.love this set up.Had it on 2 of my 110's now.

Monolyth

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Street Glide, Black Diamond
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2011, 02:26:57 PM »

Vance & Hines Power Duels (x-pipe), Monster Rounds and a SERT.  Looks great, sounds great, runs great.

Monolith

gunstock

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2011, 09:50:35 PM »

I am not a techie at all.  I had Rineharts on my Ultra before the SESG.  I have been told to go with d&d's 2-1 but I see everyone talking about the Fullsac's?  What is the best way to go.  Obviously I am wanting the best sound and performance for the money.

Suggestions? 

Thanks

Fullsac stage one on the way.  tracking number in hand...can't wait!!
 :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock:

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2011, 09:56:50 PM »

YA MON! You will love love love the Fullsac! Mine's on now with their 2" baffles, along with Andrews 54H cams and Black Ops lifters. Sounds and runs great... with the Wizard's TTS MasterTune tune, of course... 

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

AZ Sparky

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 in Kryptonite/Black
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2011, 01:52:45 PM »

Gunstock it's been about a week now since this last post of yours - did you get your order in?

When's the install or how'd it go for ya?

Sparky
Sparky

africa al

• Full CVO Member
  • Travel the road less travelled

• CVO1: CVO1 Black & Gold 2015
    • CVO2: CVO 2 Diamond Black & Slate Grey
    • CVO3: CVO 3 Sherwood Green & Aztec Black Road King SE6
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2011, 02:27:49 PM »

Thundermax Autotuner, Vance & Hines, high output mufflers, 2009 head pipes to take the 18mm Bosch sensors from Thundermax...............................Job Done.

gunstock

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2011, 11:17:35 PM »

Gunstock it's been about a week now since this last post of yours - did you get your order in?

When's the install or how'd it go for ya?

Sparky

Just finished the install and test ride.  Not hard at all to install.  Had to spend a few extra minutes downloading additional drivers on an old laptop since I could not do the install with a Mac :apple:  All good, I can't what to get it out on the road tomorrow.

Jamesg

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2011, 11:11:53 AM »

I scrapped the stock header cat from my 2012 FLHXSE2 and replaced it with the S&S True Tune Header (hidden crossover) and replaced the OEM baffles with the Fullsac 2.25 baffles. Added the ProSERT and a dyno from local HD dealer. Got 91.2 HP and 110.23 torque.  Not happy. Replaced the Fullsac modified OEM mufflers with Rinehart 4" slipons. Second dyno at different HD dealer established baseline at 94.41 HP and 112.55 torque. If dyno report accurate, picked up 3 HP and 2 lbs of torque just from going to the Rineharts. Second dyno resulted in 99.17 HP and 120.92 torque. Sounds much better as well. Happy now.
Thanks,
Jim ;D

SCREMR

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2011, 01:38:55 PM »

I went with the D&D fat cat and love them!  Also added the MasterTune tuner

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2011, 09:07:30 PM »

I scrapped the stock header cat from my 2012 FLHXSE2 and replaced it with the S&S True Tune Header (hidden crossover) and replaced the OEM baffles with the Fullsac 2.25 baffles. Added the ProSERT and a dyno from local HD dealer. Got 91.2 HP and 110.23 torque.  Not happy. Replaced the Fullsac modified OEM mufflers with Rinehart 4" slipons. Second dyno at different HD dealer established baseline at 94.41 HP and 112.55 torque. If dyno report accurate, picked up 3 HP and 2 lbs of torque just from going to the Rineharts. Second dyno resulted in 99.17 HP and 120.92 torque. Sounds much better as well. Happy now.
Thanks,
Jim ;D

You met up with a very generous dyno.  Unless you changed cams, those numbers are high for the setup you have.  Typical numbers for changing out the headers and mufflers, and nothing else is 90HP +or- 1 or 2 HP and around 106 lb/ft TQ.  I have de-cat'd stock headers and 4" KlockWerks Revolvers on my RUSE and it dyno'd out to 90.2 HP and 105 TQ.  I went with the Fulsac X pipe and Bassani 4" mufflers with 2" cores on my SESG3 and it dyno'd out at 90.6Hp and 106TQ.  Both bikes were tuned with the SE Super Race Tuner as my tech is more familiar with it. 

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2011, 07:54:19 AM »

Last Saturday i installed the 4th exhaust system i've had on this bike, This time i went with V&H Duals with HI-OUTPUT Slip-On's, Real deep rumble, not real loud (i can hear for the first time the engine noise in these 110's that everyone has talked about, LOL) As for the tuner i am running the Thunder-Max with Auto Tune as i have with the last two systems, Great throttle response both low and top end, as far as the numbers (hp & tq) have no idea, not really concerned but like the seat of pants feel.
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2011, 02:28:30 PM »

Thanks,
Jim ;D

I'd say you got on a really "Happy" Dyno.  Those numbers are well outside of what would normally be expected with pipes and a tune.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

xsdbs

• Full CVO Member
  • 2012 CVO Street Glide
    • Vincent's Web Page
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2011, 07:04:22 PM »

I replaced the stock headpipe with a 2009 headpipe which eliminates the cat (and the HEAT!).
I replaced the cores from the stock mufflers with 2.25 cores from www.fullsac.com
I'm using a PowerCommanderV from www.fuelmotousa.com

Total cost about $500.

xsdbs

Update:
Ordered CVO 110 Stage 1 from Fullsac (X-pipe B, 2.0 cores, TTS mastertune)
Waiting for UPS!

TheLoneWolfPack

• The Lone Wolf
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2011, 10:42:48 AM »

I have SE Pro Super Tuner, VH X-chamber heads, and Reinhart 4" pipes.  All my friends like the sound and the look.  In theory, the X-chamber gives you 2-1 performance with the balanced look  -- i would do it again if given a second chance.  No regrets.    I also had the same set-up on my 2009 Ultra with 3.5" pipes -- i have no complaints.
2011 FLHXSE2, 113 Torque Pounds, Screamin’ Eagle Pro Super Tuner, Vanc & Hines Power Chamber, Rinehart 4", Sundowner Seat, Standard Backrest, FLHX Passenger Floor Boards, Garmin 665 Weather/Nav, 10" Windshield, Fairing, Air Deflectors,

TheLoneWolfPack

• The Lone Wolf
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2011, 10:44:01 AM »

another view

TheLoneWolfPack

• The Lone Wolf
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2011, 10:45:58 AM »

the 2009 with same set-up
my partner has a Thunderheader with a Thundermax tuner.  He bumped his 88 ci bike up to 95ci (i do not know which cam he used), and he gets his front wheel off the ground at 10 mph.  I would say that his system is the best for performance -- its loud and sounds nice --- I do not need that max peformance and I am completely satisfied with my system -- but his is definitely best performance enhancement i have see on a bike.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 10:52:48 AM by TheLoneWolfPack »

2010 FLHX

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2011, 03:42:08 AM »

Which engine capacity?

I have a 96 in. TC -- 2 into 1 SE, SE intake, (Stage I), K&N. I'm haulin' freight, not racing. It sounds fine. I just as soon not get pulled over for disturbing the peace. We don't give a good damn if the exhaust out the back looks asymmetrical.

Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.221 seconds with 20 queries.