Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The new owners of Bushtec have turned a corner....an art deco trailer  (Read 1101 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8

Would probably look pretty cool behind some hot rods......  http://www.bushtec.com/Articles.asp?ID=163
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
Re: The new owners of Bushtec have turned a corner....an art deco trailer
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 01:56:42 PM »

Actually this was designed well before the new ownership.  I saw the first model over three years ago when I visited the plant and Andrew Preston showed it to me.  I thought that it had been released for sale before now but I really have not kept up.

Anyway I am 'from Missouri' (literally and figuratively) as far as the new ownership.  I knew things were not going swimmingly and then they pushed out Andrew Preston (the only family member remaining after the sale) who was the gm/coo last December.  

I have heard that their customer service has gone way down - cost cutting, poor economy, etc.  It is going to be tough to re-built that customer focused, family type atmosphere the Prestons had for many years.  I do hope they succeed because it is the premier brand imo.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 04:00:56 PM »

Actually this was designed well before the new ownership.    

I have heard that their customer service has gone way down - cost cutting, poor economy, etc.  It is going to be tough to re-built that customer focused, family type atmosphere the Prestons had for many years.  I do hope they succeed because it is the premier brand imo.

I'm with Jerry on this.  The new people could not design anything.  Anybody that knew anything was let go by the new owners or they left on your own.  Ordering parts last spring was a painfull experience.  When you know more than the person on the phone, it is not a pleasant experience.

Doesn't matter how good the product is if you don't have good people.

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 04:14:29 PM »

Actually this was designed well before the new ownership.  I saw the first model over three years ago when I visited the plant and Andrew Preston showed it to me.  I thought that it had been released for sale before now but I really have not kept up.

Anyway I am 'from Missouri' (literally and figuratively) as far as the new ownership.  I knew things were not going swimmingly and then they pushed out Andrew Preston (the only family member remaining after the sale) who was the gm/coo last December.  

They had one of these trailers at Daytona.  It had the fenderskirts and custom paint to match the bike.  Bike was lowered and had extended bags.  Very good lookin' package.

As for Bushtec's customer service, I believe  you're right.  Bought a Roadstar from them in Daytona and they were out of the 10 spoke forged wheels.  I was told that they were going to pick some up from the manufacturer when they left Daytona.  I called last week and was told that they still didn't have the wheels.  Told them I need them by May 13th for a trip.  I was told they "might" be in by then.  Not what I wanted to hear!

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 05:25:00 PM »

This kind of reminds me of years ago when Preston bought the company here in Nor Cal and moved it back to Kentucky (or where ever they're located now).  And yes, there were a few hiccups for a year or two, until they got it set up and flowing.....but soon they proved all the nay sayers wrong.....they succeeded. :2vrolijk_21:  But I was suprised that they didn't change the name to Prestech. :)

For those currently running Bushtec and those in the future.....I wish the new owners well. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 04:39:46 PM »

This kind of reminds me of years ago when Preston bought the company here in Nor Cal and moved it back to Kentucky (or where ever they're located now).  And yes, there were a few hiccups for a year or two, until they got it set up and flowing.....but soon they proved all the nay sayers wrong.....they succeeded. :2vrolijk_21:  But I was suprised that they didn't change the name to Prestech. :)

For those currently running Bushtec and those in the future.....I wish the new owners well. :2vrolijk_21:
Absolutely.  I want them to be there if I ever need anything for mine (hopefully will not).  Just by pure luck the Prestons sold out right before the bottom fell out of the market.   And I am happy for John and Sally - they are good folks and worked very hard to make Bushtec the success it is.  And their son Andrew is a class act.  I sure was unhappy to see him pushed out.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 10:05:29 PM »

Jim Miller is or was still there afew months ago, I believe he has been there a long time, his e mail is 

jom@bushtec.com

2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Page created in 0.708 seconds with 25 queries.