Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Solo seat recommendation  (Read 2218 times)

Lprez

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE
Solo seat recommendation
« on: April 18, 2016, 10:32:15 PM »

Per directions of others on this site, I've removed the TP from my 15 RGU.  Now I'm looking for the best solo seat that comes as close to matching the stock two up CVO seat that came with the bike.  Researched Corbin, Mustang, C&C, Saddlemen, and LePera.  Looking to avoid the rider backrest so I want as much back support as possible.  I'm 6'1" and 190 and I don't need a super wide seat but damn, that CVO seat is COMFY.  Most of the OEMs weren't of much help on the phone.  Hoping a member or two has blazed this same trail and can offer some advice.

Thanks in advance,

Lprez

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
Re: Solo seat recommendation
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 06:18:04 AM »

ive had the best luck with the 2012/2013 2 piece seats from the roadglide customs.  the 2012 seats are cheaper than the 2013, and can be had for a little of $300.  my 2013 came with a black/grey seat, but with the gold i thought the brown would look better. so the black/grey went to the wife for her bike, and i got the gold for mine.  we both ride, so its a strictly solo set up for us.  i keep the pillion wrapped up in storage.

now, one caveat.  the seat by itself does not have a lot of back support.  but if you really needed it, there are a couple of aftermarket options to add it.

I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

Lprez

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 07:26:31 AM »

Haven't seen that color combo for the RGC--nice!  While I like the look of the saddle and stitching, I'm trying to get enough back support from the seat that a backrest is not required.

Lprez

bribri1267

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2016, 09:55:59 PM »

Lprez, I have a C and C solo seat with gel pad and removable back rest. I paid over $700.00 for it and would give you a deal.

Lprez

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 07:18:48 AM »

Thanks for the offer.  I researched C&C and almost went with them but I opted for the LePera Solo because it had the highest support and they'll switch it out at N/C if the Solo doesn't work out.  C&C was willing to duplicate my company's logo which was a pretty cool option.   

bigchuck

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 Limited
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 07:36:49 AM »

ive had the best luck with the 2012/2013 2 piece seats from the roadglide customs.  the 2012 seats are cheaper than the 2013, and can be had for a little of $300.  my 2013 came with a black/grey seat, but with the gold i thought the brown would look better. so the black/grey went to the wife for her bike, and i got the gold for mine.  we both ride, so its a strictly solo set up for us.  i keep the pillion wrapped up in storage.

now, one caveat.  the seat by itself does not have a lot of back support.  but if you really needed it, there are a couple of aftermarket options to add it.

Your bike reminds me of my wife, they both have one sweet seat.
2015 CVO Limited
Long Ride Shield
Fullsac dx w/2"cores, TTS tuned by Wolfgang
Super Shox

Ice182

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2016, 10:46:33 AM »

Lprez, I have a C and C solo seat with gel pad and removable back rest. I paid over $700.00 for it and would give you a deal.

Why are you getting rid of C&C seat?

bribri1267

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2016, 08:33:07 PM »

Getting rid of C and C seat because I sold the bike. I kept the seat because I wanted to switch from the Street Glide to the Road Glide. Now I'm just not sure what I want to do lol.

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • Live to plumb/plumb to ride
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2016, 06:25:09 PM »

I've been thinking its time to change my seat, so I came back to the site to renew my confusion of what company to go with.
I got something like 70k on this Mustang seat and its starting to kick me like a mustang after a few hours in the saddle :confused5: :drink:
04 SEEG / 05 1200 C / 99 FLSTC / 70 TRIUMPH TROPHY
 ** IT'S A PASSION** NOT A HOBBY**

DALE#3

• SOFTAIL UPDATE
  • Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2016, 08:27:29 PM »

Can't beat the rider comfort of a backrest.Took a little getting use to the look but well worth the comfort.Of coarce it's a C&C for SUPREME workmanship.

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 25 queries.