Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Author Topic: JCZ toy hauler....  (Read 30837 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: JCZ toy hauler....
« Reply #105 on: January 20, 2018, 07:07:46 AM »

Well we've been here in Tampa for the past week.  Came here primarily for the huge RV Show.  We went two days in a row and still didn't see everything......just to much.  But we saw enough that many started to look the same.  Of course the stand outs were the Prevost, the Newell, the Foretravel, etc.  I'm afraid if the bank roll were there it would be between one of the Foretravel and the Newell.  The Newell even had a Kurig coffee spout in the door of the refer.

Time to move on.  Today we'll be moving up to an RV resort in Umatilla, Florida.  We'll be there for the next couple of months, using that for our home base while we explore all of Florida.  A couple of members of this forum already making plans to visit us there so looking forward to that.  I'm sure we'll be seeing more of you in Daytona Bike Week.

Gotta go load up now.........
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

RoadTrip

• Senior CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra
    • Twisted Rides
« Reply #106 on: January 20, 2018, 08:31:45 AM »

Well we've been here in Tampa for the past week.  Came here primarily for the huge RV Show.  We went two days in a row and still didn't see everything......just to much.  But we saw enough that many started to look the same.  Of course the stand outs were the Prevost, the Newell, the Foretravel, etc.  I'm afraid if the bank roll were there it would be between one of the Foretravel and the Newell.  The Newell even had a Kurig coffee spout in the door of the refer.

Time to move on.  Today we'll be moving up to an RV resort in Umatilla, Florida.  We'll be there for the next couple of months, using that for our home base while we explore all of Florida.  A couple of members of this forum already making plans to visit us there so looking forward to that.  I'm sure we'll be seeing more of you in Daytona Bike Week.

Gotta go load up now.........

When you return to East Texas, take a tour of the Foretravel plant in Nacogdoches.
Some folks seek the comfort of the straight and narrow. Me? I prefer the twisted road.
Twisted Rides Blog
Twisted Rides Videos

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #107 on: February 02, 2018, 08:53:59 PM »

When you return to East Texas, take a tour of the Foretravel plant in Nacogdoches.

I wish I would have known that.  Might not be back there for a long while.

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #108 on: February 03, 2018, 09:24:26 AM »

We moved from Tampa up to Umatilla (east of Daytona Beach) in a nice area that has lots of nice riding.  :2vrolijk_21:

Jock came down last week and took Babe and I to dinner at a place that we've learned is popular with the bikers....especially for breakfast, The Mason Jar.

Later in the week, Babe and I went over to Daytona Beach.....took the critters with us on this trip. 

We stopped by a few other places that some of you may recognize......

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #109 on: February 03, 2018, 09:26:06 AM »

Last Sat. Unbalanced and johnsachs came and hooked up with me.  Harry led us on a 240 miles ride that took us on some back roads up past Lake George and the Two Bananas and the St. Johns River.  I have to apologize as I forgot my Nikon on this ride and so I wasn't able to get the customary pics on the fly.

Harry stopped beside a cow pasture to show us some cows that I'd never seen before, Ankole-Watusi (aka African Watusi) cows.  They have some very strange (by American standards) horns.....

As I arrived back at our current RV park, I noticed some birds that I'd never seen before......or at least had never been close to.  Kiro tells me they're sandhill cranes.  These and many other kinds of birds are very friendly.  I suspect it's because this RV Resort is a 55+ community and these birds get hand fed on a regular basis.

All in, it was a good day and a great ride.  Lookin forward to another one Harry and John!   This retired life is kind of tuff to keep up with but I've never been accused of being a quitter so I'll keep on doin what I'm doin...

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #110 on: February 03, 2018, 09:27:21 AM »

Let's Roll (Gabe) is here in Florida visiting his mother.  Coincidentally, she lives just a few miles from here.  Gabe showed up for the first Western CVO Owners GTG up in Reno back in 2004.  Gabe came by a few days ago and we visited for awhile.

Babe went over to the Clearwater area to visit with her daughter and grandaughter for the weekend so I rolled back over to Daytona Beach.....took my Nikon this time.

On the beach at Daytona Beach.....

Even motorhomes on the beach?

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #111 on: February 03, 2018, 09:28:07 AM »

And a few of the places on Main Street that will be very hard to get in to in a few weeks.....

And Shy Guy anxiously waiting for his mom to get home.....

West Coast GTG   

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #112 on: February 03, 2018, 06:13:47 PM »

I like your retirement shirts. Enjoy your adventures JC. :2vrolijk_21:

jc15025

• 2015 CVO FLHXSE
  • Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO FLHXSE
« Reply #113 on: March 16, 2018, 08:23:24 AM »

Just went through the toy hauler pictures JCZ! You Are The Man!! The other JC!

sold a 2005 Softail Deluxe and 1971 GTO  for my new used 2015 FLHXSE

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #114 on: March 16, 2018, 10:27:13 AM »

Looking good you two, thanks for showing the way on how to retire.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 25 queries.