Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Headlight Modulator for 09 FLTRSE3 vs. 03 FLTRI  (Read 3829 times)

bobroadglide

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 Silver SERG
    • CVO2: 05 Cherry SEEG
Headlight Modulator for 09 FLTRSE3 vs. 03 FLTRI
« on: May 19, 2009, 08:14:16 PM »

Does anyone know if I can install a Kisan Headlight modulator.  I still have the one from my 03 FLTRI, minus the daylight sensor that I could not remove from the fairing, had to cut the wire.  the KISAN sight doesn't show 09 bikes yet and I have not heard back from them either.  My search just shows three posts which say you can't install modulator of HID light and that one dud wanted to install one, no results though.
I paid for the bike tonight but can't take it home, till tomorrow, they forgot a harness for the sat radio.

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
Re: Headlight Modulator for 09 FLTRSE3 vs. 03 FLTRI
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 03:04:38 AM »

What is a headlight modulator ?
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 09:13:41 AM »

Does anyone know if I can install a Kisan Headlight modulator.  I still have the one from my 03 FLTRI, minus the daylight sensor that I could not remove from the fairing, had to cut the wire.  the KISAN sight doesn't show 09 bikes yet and I have not heard back from them either.  My search just shows three posts which say you can't install modulator of HID light and that one dud wanted to install one, no results though.
I paid for the bike tonight but can't take it home, till tomorrow, they forgot a harness for the sat radio.

I don't know if this helps but I have the Kisan modulator in my 2008 fltr. 
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 10:16:36 AM »

What is a headlight modulator ?

Electronic controller that makes the headlight pulse (fade on and off in quick succession).

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 10:41:48 AM »

I am astonished about what is allowed in the USA , not here in germany , never .
But seems to be a nice feature .

d o g o l s

• 1K CVO Member
  • *** ride save and have fun***

• CVO1: blue Thunder FLHTCUSE-4
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE-2 black-orange-Jester
    • CVO3: 2008 FXDB black
    • Harley Fan
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 11:19:16 AM »

where whe can buy

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2009, 12:41:20 PM »

I am astonished about what is allowed in the USA , not here in germany , never .
But seems to be a nice feature .

It's a stock feature on some of the Japanese bikes sold in the US.  And not an uncommon addition to others.  Personally I don't care for it solely on an esthetic basis.  But you do notice one coming at you.  So there is something tangible to be gained.  Can't do it with HID though.  For me that makes it a simple choice.  HID at night is more important than blinkies during the day.

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2009, 04:00:03 PM »

where whe can buy

kisantech.com   i have,over the years purchased 3 of them for different bikes.  Except on the road glide they are easy to install.(requires removal of outer fairing)
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

bobroadglide

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2009, 08:47:22 PM »

Well, to answer Klaus's question, it is an electronic device that cause your headlights to rapidly blink on and off.  It is supposed to make you more visable to others on the road.  My friend Jim spent 30 years in Germany says yes they don't allow them there, but you also have better drivers and better enforcement of the traffic laws.  So you may not need them in Germany, but in Florida where there are so many people who don't pay attention or can't see well enough to drive, they might just get you more in the insurance settlement when your lawyer says you have a blinking headlight that they should have seen.  You can buy them from a company called Kisan Technologies.  I will send the link later, I have some work to do.
I just picked up the bike at the dealer and brought it home.  Rainy & windy weather, lots of road construction, and half-blind drivers didn't pose a problem, just caused me to be real caution.  I get it into the garage, go to put down the kickstand, and my foot slips out from under me and the bike goes down onto engine guard.  The windshield pops off and flies across the garage but does not get scratched, only a little marring of the paint on the fairing where it rubbed my tablesaw.  Hopefully I can rub it out with some micro polish.  I will send pictures when I get my camera back from my wife who took it to Denver.  At least I don't have to worry about dropping or scratching the bike.....any more.

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Electric Orange/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE Autumn Haze/Carbon Dust
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2009, 09:07:32 PM »

Is your floor "coated" or painted? :'(

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2009, 02:45:33 AM »

@ bob ,
thxs for explaining , ( i found the headlight-modulator site )
 the new scooter touched the ground
, Damn
, but chit happens ,
 but i am wondering about the popped off windshield ,
was it the stock deflector , mounted with 5 screws , hmmmm ,
 did the wellnuts slipped out or is the deflector damaged at the holes ?
Curious .
Hope you can handle the scratches at the sharknose .
Don`t worry , it`s just a bike , born for awesome rides and bringing pleasure to the owners .

d o g o l s

• 1K CVO Member
  • *** ride save and have fun***

• CVO1: blue Thunder FLHTCUSE-4
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE-2 black-orange-Jester
    • CVO3: 2008 FXDB black
    • Harley Fan
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2009, 05:13:44 AM »

kisantech.com   i have,over the years purchased 3 of them for different bikes.  Except on the road glide they are easy to install.(requires removal of outer fairing)

thks

bobroadglide

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2009, 06:02:54 PM »

To Bubletop, the floor is coated but when gas overflow from heat expansion (I live in Florida) has eaten some of the coating.  I will recoat the front apron and area under the bike with another coat with much more sand this weekend.
To Klaus, the wind deflector never made it out of the dealers except in the box from a stock height HD FLTR windshield.  The outer four screws cam out of the well nuts and the center wellnut and screw popped out of the fairing.  A little micro-polish for the shark nose and acrylic windshield polish makes all the damage disappear.  You can still feel one of the scratches in the fairing but you can't see it.  The windshield has a couple of deeper pits that didn't polish out completely but they will be joined by others soon.  A couple of rides along A1A (parallel to the Atlantic Ocean, just off the beach) and the windscreen gets lightly sandblasted.  I go thru a windscreen every year or so.  I half to laugh about it or else I would be polishing my bike (all the time) instead of riding it.

bobroadglide

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2009, 06:04:41 PM »

To Bubbletop, the floor is coated but when gas overflow from heat expansion (I live in Florida) has eaten some of the coating.  I will recoat the front apron and area under the bike with another coat with much more sand this weekend.
To Klaus, the wind deflector never made it out of the dealers except in the box from a stock height HD FLTR windshield.  The outer four screws cam out of the well nuts and the center wellnut and screw popped out of the fairing.  A little micro-polish for the shark nose and acrylic windshield polish makes all the damage disappear.  You can still feel one of the scratches in the fairing but you can't see it.  The windshield has a couple of deeper pits that didn't polish out completely but they will be joined by others soon.  A couple of rides along A1A (parallel to the Atlantic Ocean, just off the beach) and the windscreen gets lightly sandblasted.  I go thru a windscreen every year or so.  I half to laugh about it or else I would be polishing my bike (all the time) instead of riding it.

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2022 SERG
    • CVO2: 2019 SERG, 2015 SESG, 2012 SESG
    • CVO3: 2009 SERG
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2009, 10:08:36 PM »

Does anyone know if I can install a Kisan Headlight modulator. 

To answer your original question, the answer is yes.  I have the Kisan installed on my 09 SERG.  it is the same part number as for the 08 as the highlights have not changed.  It works just fine.  I have the sensor installed not far from the ignition.  The part number is P115W-S-D, but please verify that with Kisan.  Hope that helps.

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 21 queries.