Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Glad I bought the Extended Warranty  (Read 1335 times)

Supergas

Glad I bought the Extended Warranty
« on: July 30, 2008, 07:58:42 PM »

As you know I purchased my 01 SERG about 2 weeks ago from a local dealer. Well yesterday I was about 65 miles from home on the freeway when my stator went out. I made it about another 15 miles before it finally shut down. Tow bill to dealer $150.00, $86.00 an hour labor, plus parts. I say. All I had was my $50.00 deductable. Glad I bought it and will renew before the 2 year plan is up. I also posted a post about my purchase of the warranty when I joined. Had great replies and made me decide not to cancel and was a breeze with the dealer.
It is what it is,,No more..No less..

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
Re: Glad I bought the Extended Warranty
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 09:46:24 PM »

As you know I purchased my 01 SERG about 2 weeks ago from a local dealer. Well yesterday I was about 65 miles from home on the freeway when my stator went out. I made it about another 15 miles before it finally shut down. Tow bill to dealer $150.00, $86.00 an hour labor, plus parts. I say. All I had was my $50.00 deductable. Glad I bought it and will renew before the 2 year plan is up. I also posted a post about my purchase of the warranty when I joined. Had great replies and made me decide not to cancel and was a breeze with the dealer.

Amen...I got new set of tensioners and 204 cams>>> $$50.00  Greg
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

bribe36

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 12:38:56 AM »

The more I read the more sence it makes to get the extended warranty.

vtyanqui

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SERK Anniversary Model
    • CVO2: 09 SERG "Silver"
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 09:13:54 AM »

So far I've never purchased the extended warranty on a new bike at the time of delivery only because I would wait to see if the bike were a keeper.  If so, I always planned on getting the extended warranty prior to the end of the 2 year grace period.  So far I've never kept a bike longer than 19 months before moving on to another model.  However, I believe you can't go wrong with the warranty.  You might ask how I can make such a statement never having purchased the extended warranty – because I have purchased the tire and wheel protection plus warranty and during the past 18 months I've owned my 08 Screamin' Eagle Road King I've had three punctures and believe me the warranty has paid for itself twice over.  Plus, just knowing they will replace my wheels if they're damage is such peace of mind.  When my 09 SERG arrives in June I definitely plan on purchasing the extended warranty and the tire and wheel plan.

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 22 queries.