Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Author Topic: My 09  (Read 24765 times)

Big C.

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: Stardust Silver & Platinum Dust FLTRSE3
Re: My 09
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2012, 11:03:36 PM »

Corey,

Great work on your mods !  Did you put LED's in your speedo and tach gauges ?

Thanks..... Easyrider

No the speedo and tach are sealed I think?  Maybe someone can figure this upgrade out and post their solution.
                                             Cory

Big C.

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2012, 11:19:39 PM »

Very nice job. Hope it works out well for you. Had to order the leds.

Things should work out good I tried my best to cross all my T's and dot my I's.

Skillet

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHR Road King
    • CVO3: 1980 FXB Sturgis
« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2012, 11:23:10 PM »

Things should work out good I tried my best to cross all my T's and dot my I's.

It appears that you did. Do you have a straight on pic showing the speed/tach lit next to the gauges for comparison.

Big C.

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2012, 11:49:14 PM »

Skillet I found that they match up OK.  The speedo and tach being larger and closer to the rider were easy to read at night but found my self taking my eyes off the road longer trying to read the smaller cockpit gauges.  So I came up with the LED idea.
                                                     Cory  

Skillet

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHR Road King
    • CVO3: 1980 FXB Sturgis
« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2012, 11:50:55 PM »

Skillet I found that they match up OK.  The speedo and tach being larger and closer to the rider were easy to read at night but found my self taking my eyes off the road longer trying to read the smaller cockpit gauges.  So I came up with the LED idea.
                                                     Cory  

Thanks Cory. Yes it all goes together well.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2012, 07:13:41 AM »

Hey Cory.  Great job and great pics.  You did such a fantastic job and done just the way I would have done it.   Great choices and it was fun reading this one all the way through.   Enjoy your ride.  :2vrolijk_21:

Big C.

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2012, 04:36:42 PM »

Hey Cory.  Great job and great pics.  You did such a fantastic job and done just the way I would have done it.   Great choices and it was fun reading this one all the way through.   Enjoy your ride.  :2vrolijk_21:
Thanks cvostu, now that the bikes off the lift and all my projects are done " for now, we all no their never done " all I need is some nice weather.  Figures all last week it was in the 80's and now that I'm ready to roll it's windy and back into the 30's.   

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2012, 06:13:47 PM »

Isn't that how it always goes? :nixweiss:

Fireguy

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road glide. Traded
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited Sold
« Reply #83 on: March 26, 2012, 06:21:46 PM »

Cory great job on your bike. Did you program your ecu after installing your cams?

Big C.

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #84 on: March 26, 2012, 07:37:22 PM »

Cory great job on your bike. Did you program your ecu after installing your cams?

Heres the short version of a very long story.  Last year I ran this same configuration and had it tuned by Bean at Big Boyz. However my granite finish started to peel on the cases and cylinders.  MoCo decided to replace the motor so I had to remove all my mods before the dealer would swap it out.  So I now have just finished reinstalling everything exactly the same less the LMR spring but added the SE oil pump into the new motor.  After assembly I warmed it up and did a quick lap around the neighborhood and the tune still seemed pretty close!  It fired up with avengeance and after its warm up cycle it idled right at 1000RPM throttle responce seemed smooth and bike had no hesitation or decel pop. Time will tell how close it really is, Do you think I should go back in for a fine tune just to make sure all its potential is available on tap?
                                                                Cory

« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 04:38:15 PM by Big C. »

digga25

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 serg
    • CVO2: 2010 sesg
« Reply #85 on: March 26, 2012, 08:05:12 PM »

Cory,nice job on the bike and good write up!!! I have the same bike,same color and love what you did. Where is the dyno tuner that you use? I use R&R in Manchester.I am also in NH.

easyrider9809

• Ridin Orange
  • Full CVO Member
  • 09 CVO
« Reply #86 on: March 26, 2012, 08:31:25 PM »

Cory.......excellent pictures.  Greatly appreciate the pictures with your 12" monkey bars.  With the 12's ...were you able to use the original clutch and brake lines ?  I'm on the fence between 10's or 12's.  Thanks!  Easyrider
09 Road Glide CVO
98 Heritage

Big C.

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #87 on: March 26, 2012, 08:47:51 PM »

Cory,nice job on the bike and good write up!!! I have the same bike,same color and love what you did. Where is the dyno tuner that you use? I use R&R in Manchester.I am also in NH.

Digga25 hows the new 117?  Big Boyz is a haul from us they are in Augusta ME.  Wanted to try something diffrent they tune very differently than most.  Instead of using the AFR as a guide line Bean uses a Five gas analyzer.  They install four probes into the exhaust system two into each header and he samples the gasses in increments of like 200 rpm all the way up to WOT testing the front and rear cylinder independently.  Then he makes his adjustments until he achieves complete combustion.  The result is a very rideable precise tune at any throttle position.  The guys over at R&R are great as well I had a 05 RoadKing Custom with one of their stage four 95" kits all done up with diamond cut heads and cylinders Reggie's billet gear drive cam support plate, Baker DD6 and so on.  It would pull by my buddies bike and at the time he was running a 113.  
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 09:08:37 PM by Big C. »

Big C.

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #88 on: March 26, 2012, 08:56:37 PM »

Cory.......excellent pictures.  Greatly appreciate the pictures with your 12" monkey bars.  With the 12's ...were you able to use the original clutch and brake lines ?  I'm on the fence between 10's or 12's.  Thanks!  Easyrider
 Nope you gotta change your lines.  But you will have enough factory wire to thread threw the bars with no problem.  I originally ordered the Super size kit from Yaffe and ended up returning it and went threw my local dealer to figure out the lines and fittings I needed. I would recommend using 45* banjo's to help the lines flow better with the bars the Yaffe kit came with straight banjo's which sent the line straight down and in plain sight.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 07:45:33 PM by Big C. »

aclass

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2012, 07:21:18 AM »

Nope you gotta change your lines.  But you will have enough factory wire to thread threw the bars with no problem.  I originally ordered the Super size kit from Yaffe and ended up returning it and went threw my local dealer to figure out the lines and fittings I needed. I would recommend using 45*banjo's to help the line flow better with the lines of the bars the Yaffe kit came with straight banjo's which sent the line straight down and in plain sight.

:2vrolijk_21: +6" worked perfect for me.   Enjoyed this post Big C.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 20 queries.