Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: WheelDock EZ-Up Center Stand  (Read 5545 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: WheelDock EZ-Up Center Stand
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2008, 10:53:07 PM »

I'm sold.  My last bike was a Gold Wing and I only used the center stand.

That must be very common Jim.  On the rare occasions I hop on someone's wing those around almost always comment on the fact that I don't use the center stand :nixweiss: .
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 11:00:33 PM by Twolanerider »

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2008, 10:55:24 PM »

It looks like it has more clearance than the Rivco I have. That's better because the Rivco has cause me some slow speed leaning issues in the past.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2008, 10:58:42 PM »

That must be very common Jim.  On the rare occasions I hope on someone's wing those around almost always comment on the fact that I don't use the center stand :nixweiss: .

That's because, compared to a Harley, the side stand sucks.  It fell over on me a couple times.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2008, 11:01:37 PM »

That's because, compared to a Harley, the side stand sucks.  It fell over on me a couple times.

Damn.  No one ever mentioned that little fact.  Good thing to put away for future reference.

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2008, 12:21:18 AM »

somebody with more energy than me should have set up a group buy before I ordered mine.....      hope I like it!    :P
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

HogDude

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: Gone-05 SEEG2(never should have let her go)
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Road King
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2008, 08:17:04 AM »

Pete & LRebel-

I see there are 3 models - 2 for the lowered suspensions CS-2. CS-3

Which model did you get ?

And no problems with jacking, right ? I'e also put my pitbull jack right in that channel which appears to be used by the stand.

Thanks

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2008, 12:14:41 PM »

Pete & LRebel-

I see there are 3 models - 2 for the lowered suspensions CS-2. CS-3

Which model did you get ?

And no problems with jacking, right ? I'e also put my pitbull jack right in that channel which appears to be used by the stand.

Thanks

No problem jacking the bike up at all.

If you bike is lowered, you will want to get the shorter version.  If you don't, it will be a little hard to get the bike up on the stand and harder to get it off the stand (don't ask how I know this).

HogDude

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: Gone-05 SEEG2(never should have let her go)
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Road King
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2008, 01:04:42 PM »

If you bike is lowered, you will want to get the shorter version.  If you don't, it will be a little hard to get the bike up on the stand and harder to get it off the stand (don't ask how I know this).

Thank You, Sir !  :2vrolijk_21:

anzac

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2009, 12:11:30 PM »

Thanks very much for the info, its so great to have a forum like this and be able to get such great information.

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2009, 12:18:45 PM »

any issues with clearance on cornering?

Yes!! If anyone wants details they can pm me.
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2009, 12:40:01 PM »

so....   you drag the foot piece on the left turns too?
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2009, 12:32:43 PM »

From looking at the pictures they provide in their online owner's manual, it looks as though you will not be able to place a jack as far back on the frame as you are able to without the stand mounted.  I recently found that placing a jack at the furthest point back, before what they are calling the corner forging, makes the jack the most stable.  How much further forward (in inches) do you have to place the jack with the Wheeldock EZUP installed?  Here's the link to show what they are calling the corner forging:  http://www.wheeldock.com/pdf/09_EZ_UP_Centerstand_Owners_Manual.pdf
It looks like it could be 2" or 3" forward of where you could put the jack before the install.

I saw one of these on an 08 SEUC yesterday in Gettysburg, and I was pretty impressed with how stable the bike was on that stand.

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ya ever take a crap so big your pants fit better??
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2009, 12:40:10 PM »

any issues with clearance on cornering?

Have one on my '07.....It can drag on a hard left turn, but by then so is the floorboard mount (in the uppermost position), mine is scraped on the last angle before it goes out to the end.

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2009, 01:25:26 PM »

Had this center stand for 13 months and it is the greatest thing since Peanut Butter. No clearance issues and is extremly easy to use. Except for taking a rock on the arm and nicking the chrome this thing is bullet proof.
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2009, 03:20:36 PM »

I now have the Wheeldock EZ Up center stand.  Problems noted:  the bike leans slightly to the right when on the center stand (it's still stable, but it just looks a little funky that way), the extension that you put your foot on to raise the bike is not long enough to clear the passenger floorboards very well, so it's difficult to catch your foot on it. If it were another half to one inch longer, it would be a lot easier to use, the center stand hit the curb pulling into a parking lot that had a slightly raised curb compared to the road surface, and I'm saving the worst for last.  Three times now, I have placed the bike on the center stand where I tried to drive off of it, and the rear wheel just started spinning.  In all 3 instances, someone saw me and came and pushed me forward to get me off of there.  I haven't tried to take it off the stand yet by standing next to the bike to do so, but I only planned on using this with the drive off feature.  It's very nice to use for cleaning the left side of the bike, however I'm very unhappy that it doesn't work to drive off in all cases.  My thoughts were that maybe the pavement area under the stand was humped up a bit and causing the rear wheel to sit higher, however I looked at each of those spots where I parked and they certainly didn't look that way.  So it's not that I can just look at a parking spot and say to myself, that doesn't look like a good spot to park it on the center stand.  I have found that the stand works much easier and much better when the bike is on a slight slope, with the rear wheel being at the lower end of that slope.  However, the last of the 3 times that I had a problem driving off of it, it was on just such a sloped parking spot.

I purchased the center stand from a vendor at Myrtle Beach Bike Week and the vendor installed it for me.  I have not yet checked it to see if perhaps it's not installed in the exact correct position, so that could be the cause of the leaning and the problem with driving off of it.  I will check that out sometime soon, and maybe just take it off and reinstall it to see if that helps any.  Please note that this is on an 09 model, so it is different than the prior year center stands.  Once I've checked it out fully, I'll contact Wheeldock if it seems that there is a problem with these stands for the 09's.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.575 seconds with 21 queries.