Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: roadmaster classic  (Read 4763 times)

ultrarider123

Re: roadmaster classic
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2017, 07:48:08 AM »

I was at an Indian dealer a couple of weeks ago and saw their line up. Except for the funky Batwing on the RoadMaster, I like the new bikes. The build and fit and finish were quality. I look forward to test riding one soon, just for fun.

Words that get us in trouble and deeper in debt all the time..... ;D

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2017, 10:07:14 AM »

really, i went in to get oil and a filter!!

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2017, 10:38:29 AM »

Will you marry me!  ;)
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

ultrarider123

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2017, 10:41:15 AM »

Will you marry me!  ;)

I appreciate the offer but I'm already spoken for..... ;D :bananarock: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2: :zroflmao:

(yes, I know what you meant....just couldn't hep mysef...)

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2017, 10:49:07 AM »

I appreciate the offer but I'm already spoken for..... ;D :bananarock: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2: :zroflmao:

(yes, I know what you meant....just couldn't hep mysef...)
See what I mean!! Its already getting me in trouble!! :o
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

RoadTrip

• Senior CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra
    • Twisted Rides
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2017, 12:49:48 PM »

I was at an Indian dealer a couple of weeks ago and saw their line up. Except for the funky Batwing on the RoadMaster, I like the new bikes. The build and fit and finish were quality. I look forward to test riding one soon, just for fun.

I too have been walking around the Garden of Indian lately. It began as innocent curiosity, but the tribe is growing on me each time I go in.

First of all, I'm really impressed with the value the Indian touring line offers. The Roadmaster is intended to compete with the Ultra Limited, but in many ways it competes with the CVO Limited (e.g., 111ci engine, remote locking bags, chrome upgrades, heated grips and heated leather seat). So the price comparison is more like $30,399 for the Indian (two-tone color) versus $40,999 for the CVO Limited. I've not yet done a demo ride, but sat on one in-store and, despite being 50 lbs heavier than a Limited, it felt like it had a lower center of gravity and was very well balanced. After several deep dive demos of the Ride Command system (Indian's version of the infotainment system), I've concluded it is a couple of generations ahead of the BoomBox! Infotainment system, by including standard features like TPMS, vehicle diagnostics, split screen customization, better touch control, and higher resolution graphics. And to put a little feather on top, the detachable tourpak is also a standard feature (~$600+labor on H-D). Maintenance costs are represented to be half that of an H-D. For example, the H-D 3-hole fluid change is reduced down to Indian's 1-hole fluid change that is designed to encourage someone not mechanically inclined to do themselves - they even sell the pre-packaged oil change parts as a $79 kit. Interestingly, the dealer claims +80% of the buyers are H-D converts. I guess folks do appreciate an American-made v-twin option.

Granted, the locomotive-inspired faring and fenders take some getting used to and they did have some initial quality issues that seem to be behind them now. All-in-all, it appears Indian has established itself as formidable competitor to H-D, which should bode well for us consumers in the long run, regardless of which brand we ultimately choose to swing a leg over. I've never considered anything but H-D in the past and am not in the market for a new scoot now. But I intend to continue keeping an eye on the Indian model introductions and will definitely give them due consideration when the time comes...or when I am at a weak point, whichever comes first.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 09:07:27 AM by RoadTrip »
Some folks seek the comfort of the straight and narrow. Me? I prefer the twisted road.
Twisted Rides Blog
Twisted Rides Videos

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2017, 08:37:45 PM »

really, i went in to get oil and a filter!!

Honest,  a new oil and filter is on this bike........
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2017, 09:33:54 AM »

Honest,  a new oil and filter is on this bike........
not indian!! went in the the harley davidson dealer to buy an oil filter. ended up buying a cvo. just a validation of hairds comment!!!  :2vrolijk_21:

DOCGSS

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

• CVO1: 2020 CVO STREET GLIDE
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2017, 02:16:06 PM »

First let me say that I am not a Harley only guy, I own three different marques now. I have a 2014 HD RK, 2017 Triumph Bobber, and a Victory Vegas. I tented an Indian Chieftain for 3 days. I like the looks but I do not like the motorcycle. The negatives: The hat from the rear cylinder is unbelievable and more than any bike I have ever ridden. Eagle Riders acknowledged this and said they call them the Indian Thigh Burner. The clutch is ridiculously heavy. The throttle response is slow and the fueling requires a lot of throttle to access the great torque that the motor has. The inner fairing material is CHEAP looking and feeling. Reminds me of the cheap plastic that some boxes are made of. The positive: Superior suspension too my bike and good steering geometry, although there is excessive fork dive under heavy braking. Finally, the bike feels heavy during low speed maneuvers, which does not seem to play a role in high speed handling.

As far a the leather I hope they have solved their terrible fading problems.

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2017, 02:33:08 PM »

I took a long test ride on the Indian last year and the heat on my right upper thigh was a huge factor for me.  Way to much heat in that area.  My question is why release a bike that is intended to compete have such an easy issue to address when designing the bike. 

mark

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2017, 08:39:28 PM »

I took a long test ride on the Indian last year and the heat on my right upper thigh was a huge factor for me.  Way to much heat in that area.  My question is why release a bike that is intended to compete have such an easy issue to address when designing the bike.

Having owned both a SESG and an Indian Roadmaster, I can tell you the engine heat felt by the rider is equally uncomfortable on both.  I addressed the lean tune and cat converter on both, with the same result - no more annoying heat.  Someone also posted something about a heavy clutch pull.  My RM's clutch pull may be lighter than my SESG.  My eval on handling:  it handles well, feels lighter (eventhough actually heavier), and maneuvers easily at slow speed.  Poster above is correct on the inner fairing on pre-17 models.  New models have redesigned color matched inner fairings.

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2017, 11:13:07 AM »

First let me say that I am not a Harley only guy, I own three different marques now. I have a 2014 HD RK, 2017 Triumph Bobber, and a Victory Vegas.

way off topic here, but how do you like the bobber?  I have been eyeballing one for a while, but was not available in our area yet.  would still have to drive/ride 3 hours to Houston to see one....

to get this thread back on track, I don't like the indian.  it may ride great, but I just can't get past the looks (and I ride a roadglide lol).  but, I do appreciate that having another us made bike as competition is good for us hd folks.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 11:15:13 AM by skratch »
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

mark

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2017, 09:58:46 PM »

way off topic here, but how do you like the bobber?  I have been eyeballing one for a while, but was not available in our area yet.  would still have to drive/ride 3 hours to Houston to see one....

to get this thread back on track, I don't like the indian.  it may ride great, but I just can't get past the looks (and I ride a roadglide lol).  but, I do appreciate that having another us made bike as competition is good for us hd folks.

My take on the Indian...we've become so institutionalized as to what an Amercian V-Twin is supposed to look like (a HD), that anything else looks queer.  BTW, the Indian Roadmaster is the best riding motorcycle I've owned...and I've ridden in some form or fashion since age 12.

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2017, 12:32:40 PM »

the made in USA thing comes to mind, HD is said to have parts sourced from around the world, dose anyone know where the parts for INDIAN are made  :nixweiss:... just wondering
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2017, 12:49:10 PM »

the made in USA thing comes to mind, HD is said to have parts sourced from around the world, dose anyone know where the parts for INDIAN are made  :nixweiss:... just wondering
why, on the reservation of course. sorry, just being a smart a--. supposedly, to be american made??. but, i doubt it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 22 queries.