Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fake News and now Weather.....  (Read 1251 times)

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
Fake News and now Weather.....
« on: September 14, 2018, 11:47:35 PM »

UzpfSTEzMjg1Mjg4MTQ6MTAyMTc0NDc5NjQ2MTQyMjE/

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Fake News and now Weather.....
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 05:58:28 AM »

;D ;D ;D

The Weather Channel is the worst about this kind of stuff.  Local stations can be better, but it does seem that a large portion of the weather reporting industry are idiots.  When they roll up their pants to stand in the water to blather is just damn odd.  The ridiculous factor of it all probably keeps some from evacuating that should be.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 08:07:48 AM »

My experience in the Chi-town region is that the modern weather forecasting system, with umpteen computer models that each have significantly different results, is not much better than the old 1960's version with no computer models and what we always assumed was the weatherman using a dart board to make predictions.  As for the reporting of actual weather, it's now become just one more fake drama reality show.  Having reporters wander around on highways to send back live feeds in heavy rains, snows, ice storms, tornado's, etc. does nothing but add more idiots out on the roads doing what they tell others not to do.  Same goes for the rocket scientists who stand outside in the flood waters with the wind trying to blow them off the planet, all while telling the viewers to evacuate and don't go outdoors. 

I've found that going by the local weather forecasts to plan outdoor activities is less than effective over half the time.  I'm better off just ignoring the forecasts and winging it.

JMHO - Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 06:10:51 PM »

I was watching that same guy during lunch on Thursday doing the same exact thing. He’d take two normal steps and then stop, lean hard into the wind and rock back and forth like he couldn’t move forward another step. 😂

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2018, 11:28:04 PM »

shame less falks!!!
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2018, 12:02:11 PM »

Hurricanes and their aftermath are definitely big, big news . . . but what I hate is any time there is a thunderstorm system within 100 miles all the local stations go full time to weather with mindless chatter and very little useful information for hours on end.  I don't even bother to look.  I have a couple weather apps on my iPhone that do seem to have good up to the minute local information - Weather Bug and Dark Sky.  If I really need to know those are the ones I check.   :2vrolijk_21:

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2018, 12:11:51 PM »

As hurricane was approaching...... Those around Emporia VA. know the post to be true:  :huepfenlol2:

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 25 queries.