Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: What model for short, stocky friend?  (Read 7544 times)

SPIDERMAN

Re: What model for short, stocky friend?
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2007, 11:39:03 PM »

Thank you all for great input. I copied and gave the info to the young lady. She promptly ignored everything and fell in love with a '06 Dyna Low Rider. Because it was red.  Aw, well, it did have lots of extras on it and 8k miles.  As she got it she touches the ground with just tippy-toes. She's ordered the lower shock set, and thinks that'll be fine.

Again, thanks for great input (as usual) :znotworthy:

:-Jerry

Jerry,
         Any bike can be lowered and the Dyna's no exception. Like most problems, this one goes away by throwing money at it

B B

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2007, 02:19:05 AM »

I've discovered that the need to be solid on both feet at a stop is reduced as you get experience with the bike.  One solid leg down is enough -  most of the time.  Your friend loves her new bike, and that is the motivation she needs to figure it all out.  I love it when a good plan comes together.  She is right - red is the right color, all other ills can be fixed.   :cherry:

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2007, 09:22:49 AM »

Unless you step down in gravel , sand, or the road leans to one side. This could cause a problem if you can't put your foot down flat, but for most occasions that's true.

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2007, 07:45:53 PM »

Well, Candy is right: she loves that bike (it is sharp!), and that'll be the key.

Thanks again!

:-Jerry
Ness Big Sucker, SuperTrapp 2:1, SERT, Dyno by Cycle-Rama = 107 hp, 108.5 tq. And that's all I need. Oh, wait... a working radio would be nice.

bpalmersheim

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 CVO Screamin' Eagle Road King (FLHRSE3) 110" - Razor Red/Gold Leaf Flames
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2007, 09:52:14 PM »

I bought an FXDB Street Bob and put lower rear shocks on and the Brawler seat... Was a great fit.  I am 5'5" and baout 140....  I like the big beefy SERK better ;)
2007 CVO Screamin' Eagle Road King (FLHRSE3) 110" - Razor Red/Gold Leaf Flames

United States Army Retired (4x Combat Veteran)
CVMA, H.O.G. Member, Patriot Guard Rider
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 21 queries.