Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22

Author Topic: What stupid thing had you done lately?  (Read 22874 times)

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
Re: What stupid thing had you done lately?
« Reply #285 on: September 06, 2010, 10:43:53 AM »

Although I posted this in a separate thread, it really goes better here.

I had been working on my '09 SERG with the iPod Interface and it was the third time off with the fairing over a few weeks and I was getting a bit po'd about the whole matter.  I got it back together just in time to get cleaned up to go meet old friends for an evening out; we were riding the bike for the evening.

We got to the place about 5:00 pm and had a great night with all the old friends and at about 9:15 pm we decided to leave.  What was left of the group walked up the steps and over on the cobblestone street to bid us farewell.

I turned on the ACC and we were listening to the iPod and Buddy Guy while we got our helmets on under the faint street above us.  So we get on the SERG and wish everyone a good night and I turn on the ignition..... NO LIGHTS!!!!!

Damn, I forgot to plug in the headlights to the harness.

Anyone that's been around Road Glides knows that there is no way in without pulling the fairing back off; which is exactly what I did on the dimly lit cobblestone street.

To my credit I was back together and running in about 15 minutes.  You really learn a lot on doing this after you've done it so many times.  Besides the knowledge thing, I got REALLY lucky.  My dad always said that even a blind pig will find an acorn once in a while.

So that's my "What stupid thing have you done lately!"
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #286 on: September 06, 2010, 08:06:24 PM »

you are getting better taking the batwing off and on.

you know you have it licked when you can do this in the dark 
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #287 on: September 07, 2010, 08:30:27 AM »

Yeah Jeff, he's even better removing it on a Road Glide!  LOL!
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

shortdog

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #288 on: September 09, 2010, 05:26:59 PM »

Loaded both bikes in the new toyhauler last week-end for a "shakedown" trip to Homestead, Fl. I laid the Wheeldocks on the floor and ran two straps over each bike.
Have I mentioned that I know better?
Stopped about 60 miles down the road and checked. Hers had twisted under the straps and was leaning on mine ever so slightly. We stood it back up and I re-positioned the straps.
Stopped in Clewiston, everything fine. Stopped for potty break just outside of Homestead. Disaster! Her Black Diamond Springer was laying on my engine guard and my Inferno Orange Springer was almost over (handle bar kept it up) Needless to say we were somewhat dismayed!
Have I mentioned I know how to tie a bike down with FOUR straps?
I bought some more straps and tied all four corners for the return trip with no problems.
I straightened the mirror and adjusted the bars on Orange,will have to buy a new grip. The insurance adjuster will be by tomorrow to look at Black.
Gas tank,front fender, outer primary, switch cover, etc. Estimate $3,500! Best local paint shop said it will be cheaper to replace than try to fix.
Did I say I know better?

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #289 on: September 09, 2010, 05:34:05 PM »

Loaded both bikes in the new toyhauler last week-end for a "shakedown" trip to Homestead, Fl. I laid the Wheeldocks on the floor and ran two straps over each bike.
Stopped about 60 miles down the road and checked. Hers had twisted under the straps and was leaning on mine ever so slightly. We stood it back up and I re-positioned the straps.
Stopped in Clewiston, everything fine. Stopped for potty break just outside of Homestead. Disaster! Her Black Diamond Springer was laying on my engine guard and my Inferno Orange Springer was almost over (handle bar kept it up) Needless to say we were somewhat dismayed!
I bought some more straps and tied all four corners for the return trip with no problems.
I straightened the mirror and adjusted the bars on Orange,will have to buy a new grip. The insurance adjuster will be by tomorrow to look at Black.
Gas tank,front fender, outer primary, switch cover, etc. Estimate $3,500! Best local paint shop said it will be cheaper to replace than try to fix.
Did I say I know better?

WOW that sucks.
At least you know better NOW!

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #290 on: September 09, 2010, 05:36:54 PM »

Did I say I know better?

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #291 on: September 11, 2010, 09:00:52 PM »

This takes the cake
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

mrdinny

• Junior CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2010FLHXSE
« Reply #292 on: September 12, 2010, 04:05:17 PM »

ran over a pointed rock in my brother-in-laws lawn(6 inch high grass) with my10sesg oldlady on the back and all. bounced the front end up and landed dead on the base hard enough to knock a 2inch hole in the base think insurance will give me chit over the claim?

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #293 on: September 12, 2010, 04:25:25 PM »

My registration number is valid for two bikes but we are only allowed one number plate, therefore we have to change them from bike to bike as required.
So this  Sunday morning I took my Fxstsse to the gas station to fill her up as I hadnt done so upon my return home from a long days ride home from European bike week on Thursday, came back home to find my wife and another riding buddy were waiting for me to go out on a ride out. I put the springer back in the garage a got out my faithful old FXDL which needed a run out, off we went to meet other riders about half an hours ride away, at our meeting point my wife checked her iphone to read a message from her son that I didnt have my number on my bike, to which she told me "Nige I think you forgot something while looking at the back of my bike.

DOH, I hadnt swapped over the number plate!

Not much I could do about it but try and be inconspicious and ride in the middle of the pack, luckily returning home late afternoon unnoticed by any law inforcement officers.

I am sure it wont be the last time one of us does this.

bubtrauma

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #294 on: September 13, 2010, 10:01:27 AM »

I GOT UP THIS MOPRNING ..............  >:( :-\ :'( :nixweiss:
bend it, chop it, cut it, bang it, weld it and paint it to match........

Bubba

• 1K CVO Member
  • LIVE TO RIDE! RIDE TO EAT!

• CVO1: 2006 CUSE B/S
« Reply #295 on: September 13, 2010, 10:07:49 AM »

I GOT UP THIS MOPRNING ..............  >:( :-\ :'( :nixweiss:

Go drink you some of that SWEET TEA and all will be good withe the universe  :2vrolijk_21: ;D :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
Any-day above ground is worth living so let's go riding!!!

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #296 on: September 13, 2010, 10:37:56 AM »

Picked the wrong lotto numbers again!

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #297 on: September 13, 2010, 10:44:26 AM »

Picked the wrong lotto numbers again!

right numbers, wrong day
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #298 on: September 14, 2010, 01:33:29 PM »

Did I say I know better?

GAAAA, I just laid our for two sets of these things thinking they were the catsasss...

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #299 on: September 14, 2010, 02:25:48 PM »

GAAAA, I just laid our for two sets of these things thinking they were the catsasss...

You were braver than me Mike.  Had seen these and read a few guys raving about them.  Just never had a good vibe they could be as stout and stable as all the hoopla suggested.  Very sorry for the trouble described here.  Royally sucks.  Sometimes gut feelings pay off....
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 21 queries.