Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]

Author Topic: What stupid thing had you done lately?  (Read 22614 times)

pkl

• Elite CVO Member
Re: What stupid thing had you done lately?
« Reply #315 on: September 20, 2010, 10:38:50 AM »

Man you were luckier than lucky. Glad you can be thankful.

fresh oil and pipes

• Enjoying Life More Than Ever!!!!!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • RedNecks, White Socks & Blue Ribbon Beer

• CVO1: One of the Fast Green Ones
« Reply #316 on: September 20, 2010, 11:40:33 AM »

Stupid, Stupid & Stupid. I told my wife I was going to the Harley Shop. At the entrance of my Neighborhood, "Four Lanes", I cross two lanes of traffic to get to the other two Lanes. I am sitting in my entrance and a large boom truck gets in the turning lane into my neighborhood, I am thinking he may not have enough room to swing in without hitting me. Instead of rolling backwards and giving him room, I looked, did not see anything beside him, cars way behind him, I made a split second decision to cross the two lanes of traffic on Big Red.

When I cross his frontend and looked to my left, I not only pulled out in front of one but two other pickup trucks beside him in the blind spot!!!!!! :oops: They both hit their brakes and tried to go right but the lager truck was in the way. The truck in the passing lane, (running about 55 mph) hit me about my saddle bag behind my left hip. I herd the crash and the next thing I know, I am crouched down looking at my bike from the front saying 'Stupid, Stupid & Stupid....... The Lord took me off of that bike. I only had a scratch on my hand, elbow and back. I never hit the ground. :o :(

Sorry for the damge to the bike but am glad you OK. We have all done that kind of thing.
"Let's Roll" Life is Short, Choose your Battles Wisely "Let's Roll"

MrEd

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #317 on: September 20, 2010, 11:56:21 AM »

I made a split second decision

Sometimes....the outcome of those can be deadly....

Glad you're ok  :2vrolijk_21:

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #318 on: September 20, 2010, 12:01:54 PM »

The Lord took me off of that bike. I only had a scratch on my hand, elbow and back. I never hit the ground. :o :(

Glad you are Okay, I have found patience is the best in every situation!

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #319 on: September 20, 2010, 01:55:19 PM »

Stupid, Stupid & Stupid. I told my wife I was going to the Harley Shop. At the entrance of my Neighborhood, "Four Lanes", I cross two lanes of traffic to get to the other two Lanes. I am sitting in my entrance and a large boom truck gets in the turning lane into my neighborhood, I am thinking he may not have enough room to swing in without hitting me. Instead of rolling backwards and giving him room, I looked, did not see anything beside him, cars way behind him, I made a split second decision to cross the two lanes of traffic on Big Red.

When I cross his frontend and looked to my left, I not only pulled out in front of one but two other pickup trucks beside him in the blind spot!!!!!! :oops: They both hit their brakes and tried to go right but the lager truck was in the way. The truck in the passing lane, (running about 55 mph) hit me about my saddle bag behind my left hip. I herd the crash and the next thing I know, I am crouched down looking at my bike from the front saying 'Stupid, Stupid & Stupid....... The Lord took me off of that bike. I only had a scratch on my hand, elbow and back. I never hit the ground. :o :(

You need to scratch one of those 9 lives off the score sheet.

Only 8 left now.........
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 21 queries.