Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 08 cvo purchase  (Read 767 times)

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
08 cvo purchase
« on: January 17, 2009, 10:58:08 PM »

looking for info on paint matching for 08 cvo copper canyon. bike has damage and is for sale. the price seems very reasonable and the mileage is very low 2020. but paint costs and access to the proper colors seems a secret. so if anyone knows please let me in on it. thanks

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
Re: 08 cvo purchase
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 11:29:11 PM »

looking for info on paint matching for 08 cvo copper canyon. bike has damage and is for sale. the price seems very reasonable and the mileage is very low 2020. but paint costs and access to the proper colors seems a secret. so if anyone knows please let me in on it. thanks

There is a painter who several members here use called Paint by Gene. I personally have not used him. The painted pieces are VIN restricted so if you want original HD parts you have to go through the factory. Yes, the paint codes are kept secret. If you just want to repair what you are going to buy at a lesser cost, a painter is the way to go.

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 11:53:59 PM »

vin verifies cvo bike. has front fender damage ,fairing has serious scratches no chunks or dents. i am sure it is very re-paintable. lower upper faring is damaged needs new. engine guard has some rash. i can find no other damage, it has 2020 miles. is this bike a consideration for 11750.00. what are the costs to repair and what options are there. looking for ideas. the bike does run and drives perfect.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 11:57:22 PM »

vin verifies cvo bike. has front fender damage ,fairing has serious scratches no chunks or dents. i am sure it is very re-paintable. lower upper faring is damaged needs new. engine guard has some rash. i can find no other damage, it has 2020 miles. is this bike a consideration for 11750.00. what are the costs to repair and what options are there. looking for ideas. the bike does run and drives perfect.

At the top of the board is a tab for "chat", I'll be there for a few minutes.

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 21 queries.