Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Does AAA cover bikes?  (Read 11533 times)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
Does AAA cover bikes?
« on: February 17, 2009, 06:50:45 PM »

I just received one of those packages from AAA in the mail and decided to check it out online.  From what I see, it looks like bikes are not considered eligible vehicles.  I thought I saw it mentioned on here somewhere that AAA was used for a breakdown or something.  So, the question is, does AAA cover bikes or not?

RickC

• When I was 42, I was the answer life, the universe and everything. Now, I'm all that *and* a side of fries!
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHR Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust **TRADED**
    • CVO3: 2010 FXDF Vivd Black **TRADED** | 2007 FLTR Vivid Black / Red (a/k/a "Red Nipples") **TRADED** | 2005 FLTRI Black Pearl / Grey (a/k/a "The Black Pearl") **TRADED**
    • Rick Rocks On!
Re: Does AAA cover bikes?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 07:01:17 PM »

So, the question is, does AAA cover bikes or not?

Yes, but... you have to sign up for AAA Plus RV in order to get coverage for your bike(s)...

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 07:05:38 PM »

Yes, but... you have to sign up for AAA Plus RV in order to get coverage for your bike(s)...

I read that coverage and it didn't mention bikes either.  I would assume that they offer the same coverage everywhere, but perhaps not.  Maybe PA doesn't offer bike coverage?

tompen

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 07:40:11 PM »

Yup as long as you get +RV.  Also covers additional towing and some other stuff.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 09:13:29 PM »

Yup as long as you get +RV.  Also covers additional towing and some other stuff.

Okay, I found it now.  It does cover bikes. 

AAA Plus RV Optional Upgrade
AAA Plus RV is a comprehensive program that extends emergency road service (ERS) and AAA Plus benefits beyond your family car to cover your motor home, travel, or boat trailer (provided the trailer is not in the water), pickup truck with camper, and motorcycle.

AAA Plus RV coverage may be added at any time during your membership year, pending a 10-day waiting period, by paying a pro-rated dues amount.  Your AAA Plus RV membership includes all services provided under the basic AAA and AAA Plus memberships in addition to the following exclusive benefits:

100 miles of towing for eligible recreational vehicles (RV’s), motorcycles, travel boat trailers, and fifth-wheel RV trailers* that have become mechanically disabled.
Extrication of eligible RV’s, including delivery of services by a second truck and operator for up to 1 hour at the scene.
Tire changing for eligible RV’s and travel/boat trailers.*
Delivery of a sufficient amount of fuel (to reach the nearest service station) to eligible RV’s and motorcycles, at no cost to the member.

Thanks.  I didn't see this page when I was looking through the first time.

badhorse

• Phoenix Performance
    • NV

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 10:39:44 PM »

Good info. When I spoke with AAA I was told no bikes. I'm glad I read this. Thanks
Rinehart Headpipe, TD Monster ovals, AK20, Bitubo, seat by Ricks, SERT, Daymakers

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 05:26:04 AM »

Besides AAA I suggest upgrading the Road America to the dlux package. AAA does NOT have the motorcycle thing figured out. Been there, Done that.
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 05:41:09 AM »

Besides AAA I suggest upgrading the Road America to the dlux package. AAA does NOT have the motorcycle thing figured out. Been there, Done that.

They don't have one called Deluxe...they have Auto Assist®
                                                               Auto Assist Plus®
                                                               Road America Preferred
                                                               Road America Preferred Plus
                                                               Cycle Assist®
                                                               RV Assist® Plus

They don't list their prices on the website.  What kind of price are you paying for this?  I assume you have the Preferred or Preferred Plus.  It looks like they tailor make and price their plans, so I guess the Cycle Assist can be included in whatever other setup you get.

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 05:42:35 AM »

The one that comes with HOG membership Dlux is 19.95 a year
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 05:44:44 AM »

Okay.  Now I know what you are talking about.  That's actually pretty cheap.  AAA is over $100 to get your bike included.

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ya ever take a crap so big your pants fit better??
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 06:42:17 AM »

Okay.  Now I know what you are talking about.  That's actually pretty cheap.  AAA is over $100 to get your bike included.

I have the AAA Plus RV with my wife and 2 of my kids on it, it's a bit expensive, but the first tow for one of the kids paid the premium plus some.  Not even considering what we've saved in hotel rooms since joining within the last year, no doubt I'll be renewing when it's due.

tompen

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 11:49:09 AM »

Also for you AAA mambers. I get a discount from AT&T, or Blackberry on my cell plan. It was either 5 or 10%. It shows on my account information but not the amount. Just FYI. You have to ask about it.

RickC

• When I was 42, I was the answer life, the universe and everything. Now, I'm all that *and* a side of fries!
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHR Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust **TRADED**
    • CVO3: 2010 FXDF Vivd Black **TRADED** | 2007 FLTR Vivid Black / Red (a/k/a "Red Nipples") **TRADED** | 2005 FLTRI Black Pearl / Grey (a/k/a "The Black Pearl") **TRADED**
    • Rick Rocks On!
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 01:36:16 PM »

Yeah, but...

AAA includes your car(s)... your trailer(s)... your RV(s)... all in addition to your bike. The H.O.G. Deluxe plan is not nearly as comprehensive. Also, check out details like the number of calls you can make in one membership year (AAA: 4; HOG: 1 or 2, I think); the number of miles you get free towing and the other services (and don't forget discounts on travel-related services, hotels, restaurants, you name it). AAA is a bargain.

LarryB, I've done both. If you ask for a flatbed wrecker for a motorcycle, AAA will see that you get one, but you have to be specific. Road America automatically sends one. No big deal, just something you have to remember when you make a call.

However, Road America is a problem because they are reportedly very slow to pay their providers. If a wrecker service gets simultaneous call from Road America and AAA, they're going to take the AAA call. Also, many, many providers simply will not do business with Road America for this very reason. The ones who do moan, b!+ch & complain about the fact that they don't get paid very well.

For me, after having experience with both plans, I'm sticking with AAA RV Plus.

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2009, 01:48:02 PM »

My Ford Truck is covered by Ford for towing, My wife's Ford car, likewise.  So for the 20 buck upgrade I get the multiple call plan with HOG.  Since my dealer will pick up his customers in the area I only need it when traveling.  So stick with the standard HOG plan and take my chance on not needing to get towed more then once a year while out of the area.

Yeah, I miss AAA discounts on hotels, but they wouldn't add up to enough to pay for the membership.

Ride Safe,
J-Carr

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2009, 01:58:26 PM »

Ummm, if you ask anyone if they offer a AAA discount and they do, they seldom if ever ask for proof. Just ask anyway!
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 21 queries.