Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 320 dollar ticket...  (Read 2124 times)

Mr_Ed

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHRSE3 Razor Red
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Crimson Mist
    • CVO3: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond
320 dollar ticket...
« on: May 02, 2010, 11:47:11 PM »

Well....my wife got put in the hospital....I was on my way to her....cop said he had to do over a hundred to catch up to me...when he asked me if I had any weapons and I said ya, a loaded 45 in my sidebag....things got interesting....so if you were up around the Seattle area Saturday night and saw the 4 cops and the blue light special happening on the side of I-5, that would have been me :(
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 11:48:50 PM by Mr_Ed »

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
Re: 320 dollar ticket...
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 11:48:20 PM »

What's "the rest of the story?"

Mr_Ed

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 11:57:57 PM »

What's "the rest of the story?"

Well....wife seems to be doing ok...bikes in the garage....see my eyes in the picture ?.....I'm pouring shots and headed there now...been a long weekend  :drink:

bobaroni

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 1999 Dyna LowRider
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 02:38:19 AM »

What's the rest of the "rest of the story". What is the breakdown on the $320 ticket. All for Speeding? What did they think about your loaded .45? Are your eyes like that from billy club blows to the head (swelling)?  :D   :drink:

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 05:20:35 AM »

:drink: :vrolijk_11: :vrolijk_11:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

scotr

• Scotr
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 Street Glide CVO Spiced Rum
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 06:24:23 AM »

I wonder how fast the copper would have been going if his wife was admitted into the hospital?

Scotr
Life Is Good!
The Scotr,
Fullsac performance x pipe
Andrews 54 cams
Vance & Hines Basic slip ons
Hogtunes and upgraded speakers
XM listening pleasures
Screamin Eagle chrome shifter
Eagle Talon kickstand
Kuryakin 9182 license frame

OhioDave

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 08:52:53 AM »

I wonder how fast the copper would have been going if his wife was admitted into the hospital?

Scotr

That might depend on "the rest of the story" .... was this a life threatening scenario he was rushing to that would justify the possibilty of endangering others along the way.... just sayin... :vrolijk_11:

MrEd

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 01:32:21 PM »

What's the rest of the "rest of the story". What is the breakdown on the $320 ticket. All for Speeding? What did they think about your loaded .45? Are your eyes like that from billy club blows to the head (swelling)?  :D   :drink:

LOL....good one  :2vrolijk_21:

The "rest of the story" coming soon....been spending all my time at the hospital but I think she's coming home today  :huepfenjump3: :pepper: :orange: :mango: :orange:  :pepper: :huepfenjump3:

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 01:46:50 PM »

Mr.Ed,

Very glad it looks like the Mrs. is getting out of the hospital.  I trust she is well. 

Of course, had you splattered on the way to the hospital, it would not have helped her.  Had you hurt someone

else.....   :nixweiss:

GK

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

charlie

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 03:36:56 PM »

we need the rest of the story.

Mr_Ed

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 10:37:47 PM »

Alright...my world is right again....baby doll is back home =)

Let me say this up front....as far as that night went and my ticket...

I've served in the corps....I've traveled all over this world(literally), and I've been in a lot of places most people wouldn't want to be caught dead in even with a loaded gun in their hand.  I "wasn't" risking my own life or anyone else’s....I know the difference.  I'm not even sure how a rider could endanger the life of a cager to be quite honest, maybe in some extreme circumstances if they were cutting cars off and caused one to brake hard enough, or possible panic a driver and make them swerve.  But beyond that, my experience has been, cagers are a constant threat to those of us that ride, not the other way around.  I've been run off the road twice(again literally), have had....like I'm sure a lot of you....more close calls than I care to remember or count, and certainly more near misses than I would ever let anyone that loved me know about.  Keep in mind I ride every day, year round, my exposure level is very high to say the least.  My bike is more than a pleasure or hobby, more than a pass time or recreation, it's my transportation no matter where I go, no matter when I go, no matter what the weather's doing, and God willing, will be until the day comes I can't get it off the stand any longer.  That will be one of the worst days of my life.  I've been riding bikes since I was 9 years old, that was a long time ago.  My whole point is I'm very comfortable on a bike, more comfortable than most people are sitting in their favorite chair.  To be very honest and it might sound absurd but, I feel safer on one than I do in any cage going down the road /shrug.  Can't really explain that one, maybe I've been riding too long.  Now I will admit that I like to walk on the wild side....and actually prefer it...but I'm not reckless....it's more like a controlled explosion LOL.  Alright, /rant off lol....I didn't mean to ramble, just felt the need to say something about all that.  So now for “the rest of the story" 

My wife went in the hospital Friday morning at 5:30 for major surgery, that was the 30th and my tabs were due that day.  She was to be in surgery for 3 hours so the plan was to stay with her until they took her back, bring her car home, grab the bike and head to the DOL for my tabs and new plates, and make it back to Seattle before she came around.  Things started going sideways right here.  When I got to the DOL, they were closed, they closed that day for an internal audit just before I got there and wouldn’t be open for two more hours.  I didn’t want to not be there for my wife so I couldn’t wait, back to Seattle I went.  While she was in recovery, one of the nurses heard her ask me about my plates and tabs and me telling her I couldn’t get them and why.  The nurse spoke up and said you know, there’s a DOL here in Seattle just down the road a few miles, if you want, I can look them up online and get their hours for you and you could go tomorrow.  Sounded good to me.  The next day then, Saturday, after staying with my wife over night, I told her I was going to go get my tabs in Seattle, then go home and shower and come back.  Home is about 30 miles away.  As I was leaving the hospital, they had the roads closed and were directing traffic a different way.  Turns out it was opening day of boat season and a parade had been planned.  Before I knew it I was turned around pretty good, when I finally found I-5 again I decided I had enough of Seattle back roads and got on the freeway to head home.  My plan then was to go back to the DOL that I went to on Friday and get them.  Not remembering if their audit was going on Saturday too, I planned on showering at home first then going there.  When I got there, the dam place just closed, their Saturday hours are shorter than through the week lol.  Yes I was a little pissed, but Murphy’s law was about to kick in and really put the icing on the cake.  I went back home, packed enough stuff in my side bags for an extended stay at the hospital, went to a local joint for a beer and a burger than got a text from my wife saying she wasn’t doing to good.  From what I could gather from her on the phone there was a complication, she was pretty doped up on morphine so all I really got was I needed to get there now.  On the way back the traffic was light, and the flow was between 65 and 70, I was averaging 70 to 75.  Now I will say this, one thing I don’t mess with are semi’s.  I’ve seen too many pieces of their tires on the side of the road big enough to take my head off.  After creeping up on one, then getting boxed in by a cager, it was time to get out of the way.  The semi was on my right but not in the far right lane, the one next to it.  As I came around him, there just happened to be another one merging on to the freeway.  Assuming he didn’t see me since I was shielded by the one I just passed, and not knowing how far over he was going to come, I blew by him as well, and also a car that was in front of me in my current lane that would have boxed me in again.  Then came the pretty blue lights in my mirrors.  The thing is, to say you had to do over a hundred to catch me, is frankly ridiculous, it’s relative to time.  You could have caught up to me doing 75, it just would have taken longer.  Who the hell says you got to catch up to me in 30 seconds ?  Oh well.

Mr_Ed

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 10:44:54 PM »

First cop there wouldn’t even let me off the bike.  When the second one came up and asked me where I was going and why I was in such a hurry…blah blah blah…he also asked me the magical question…

Do you have any weapons on you ?
Yeah, a loaded 45 in my side bag
Step away from the bike sir

now I have one guarding me with his hand on his piece and the other asking me questions….

You have a permit ?
Yes
Where do you work ?
Boeing
You have proof of that ?
/boggle….umm…not on me
You have a phone number we can call to verify that ?
Sure….it’s in my phone I said…as I took one step toward the bike to get it…wrong answer
SIR, STAY AWAY FROM THE BIKE
You want the number or not ?
NO….what ring is that on your hand ?
My wedding band ?
The other hand
/lift my hand up to show him
Is that a biker ring ?
It’s a skull with wings…./looks at my ring as if it’s a ten carat diamond
Interesting….sir…I need you to stay right where you’re at and not move….

He walks away leaving the other one still guarding me.  Two more cops roll up, blue light special baby lol.  One of them joins the other one guarding me….I got one in front of me and one behind me now….the other goes to my side bag and starts digging for my glock.  He finds it and empties it, then joins the one who was asking me the questions back at his car.  Finally the one that asked me the questions came back and said

Ok, I’m cutting you a break….200 for going 20 to 25 over the limit….and 120 for expired tabs

Pffft….a break ?  You’re kidding right ?…..Clean record, no tickets of any kind…on the way to the hospital to see my wife….maybe doing 10 to 15 over the flow of traffic for 20 seconds….tabs expired by ONE DAY….I tried to explain the efforts made to get the tabs but no dice, didn’t want to hear any of it.  He said he could have also wrote me for reckless driving, for weaving in and out of traffic…..you’ve got to be f**king kidding me….reckless driving ?  For blowing by a couple semi’s that could at any second shred a tire and take me out ?….reckless ???.....KMA!  The one that unloaded my weapon came up to me…handed me my clip and the round that was chambered…and said

Don’t load the gun until we are all gone

So there you go, that’s what happened.  The second I walked in the room where they had my wife…she looked up at me and goes….did you get a ticket…../sigh

Oh and I almost forgot the best part.  So I stood with her the rest of the weekend….figured it was the cheapest way to go lol….Monday I head back home for another shower and to get them dam tabs.  I go to the DOL I had been to twice before but was closed, they’re close to my house.  THIS time I will not be denied.  I get there, they’re open, I got all my paperwork for my personalized Marine Corps plates, take my number and wait….finally get my turn and tell the lady what I want…..she goes….I’m sorry sir….you got to go to Seattle to get that done, we can’t do that here LMFAO

And all I got to say to that is….

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 03:00:11 PM »

Interesting story, Glad that the wife is ok. It doesn't sound like you did anything that I wouldn't have done. Except mine is a Sig.

Just one point though. We as motorcyclists can and sometimes do cause serious damage to the cagers. I know that most of the time we are the ones threatened and at the greatest risk. We need to be diligent for our own safety and that of others. How many sportbikes are doing 75 mph wheelies down the freeway? I have also seen a cruiser run a red light and cut a honda civic in half killing both the cagers and the biker. Everyone from bike to cage to horse and carriage needs to look out for each other. JMHO

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 04:38:10 PM »

That's one incredible story Ed! It should go down in the DMV hall of fame! 4 tries, a ticket, 4 trips to the hospital, a conversation with 4 officers and a few hundred miles just to get tabs renewed.

Page created in 0.427 seconds with 23 queries.