Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: 07 Sportsters  (Read 2130 times)

BadAss2

• Senior CVO Member
  • 14 years and still got her
07 Sportsters
« on: June 09, 2006, 10:22:54 AM »

Word is 07 Sportsters may be coming with EFI. About to buy my sweetie a 1200L and my dealer said wait 2 months till the 07's are launched. Secondly they'll be a 30 year or is it 50 year anniversary for the sporster. Anyone hear anything on this EFI and possibly an anniversary issue?
FLHTCSE2 Candy Cherry
6 speed tranny,regeared primary and secondary,
SE slip on pipes, K&M Kit, remap ECM
Chrome - inner primary, starter, front calipers, thunderstar sprocket, headlamp and signal light trim, all chrome bolt kits
L

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: 07 Sportsters
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 11:39:03 AM »

Word is 07 Sportsters may be coming with EFI. About to buy my sweetie a 1200L and my dealer said wait 2 months till the 07's are launched. Secondly they'll be a 30 year or is it 50 year anniversary for the sporster. Anyone hear anything on this EFI and possibly an anniversary issue?

If it's only a minor adaptation of the existing Delphi system I'd not be terribly concerned.  If it's a "new" system on the Sporty I'd wait.  Harley's track record for the first model year of significant new systems isn't that good.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 12:04:40 PM »

1957 was the first year for the Sportster . Elvis owned one  They are commonly referred to as " K " models.

Not sure I agree with TWOLANE on the introduction of the Dephi EFI induction/ignition system. Normally I would agree with him on first year startups, but this is too easy for even the MoCo not to get it right the first time. They've installed the Delphi setup on over 1,000,000 bikes. What's to adapt ?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 12:05:27 PM by SPIDERMAN »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 02:47:24 PM »

1957 was the first year for the Sportster . Elvis owned one  They are commonly referred to as " K " models.

Not sure I agree with TWOLANE on the introduction of the Dephi EFI induction/ignition system. Normally I would agree with him on first year startups, but this is too easy for even the MoCo not to get it right the first time. They've installed the Delphi setup on over 1,000,000 bikes. What's to adapt ?

Actually sounds like we do agree Spider.  I was thinking that if it's just a tweak of the current Delphi system then not to worry.  But if they're doing something new for the Sporty.... well........  you know Harley.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 04:01:11 PM »

Actually sounds like we do agree Spider.  I was thinking that if it's just a tweak of the current Delphi system then not to worry.  But if they're doing something new for the Sporty.... well........  you know Harley.

Man, what the F _ _ _  I can't even pick a fight around here any more. CVO =   Church Vehicle Operators ( maybe that'll start some chit )

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 05:51:22 PM »

Man, what the F _ _ _  I can't even pick a fight around here any more. CVO =   Church Vehicle Operators ( maybe that'll start some chit )

Ok, ok, I'm sorry man.  I mean it really sucks when I can't oblige a site member.  So, without regard to the topic (in fact you can pick your own), here goes:

Spider, you dumb sumbitch.  Your idea was the most FUBAR lame assed idea to be loosed on a general population since God created drill sergeants.  If you had the brains God gave Elvis (the stupid guy, not the bike) you'd realize how far lost in space you really went (and this is a surprise from a launch vehicle normally only capable of such sub-orbital shots!).  I mean, get real you New England transplant to the land of milk and Prozac, how the hell do you think that could EVER really happen; you freaking toe headed moron.

(hmm, that sub-orbital crack was actually pretty good; have to remember that one)

BadAss2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006, 07:26:52 PM »

Never laughed so hard. What a hoot. But hey you two. Get back on topic.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 06:29:49 PM by Bad_Ass_2 »
FLHTCSE2 Candy Cherry
Chrome - inner primary, starter, front calipers, thunderstar sprocket, headlamp and signal light trim, all chrome bolt kits
L

BadAss2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2006, 09:36:28 AM »

Was at  the Wauwatosa Powertrain plant in Wisconson touring last week. Could only tour their reman line. The Sporster line was off limits. Had asked our tour guide several times about the EFI for the 883 and the 1200 in 2007's model. Reply - " I know nothing.". Finally after 3 times advising him I was about to buy my wife a 1200L, he said - "you really need to wait for the new colors coming in the 2007 lineup". Ha, it's coming for sure with EFI since we couldn't even get near the new engine assembly line. I'll wait.
FLHTCSE2 Candy Cherry
L

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2006, 08:19:58 AM »

Was at  the Wauwatosa Powertrain plant in Wisconson touring last week. Could only tour their reman line. The Sporster line was off limits. Had asked our tour guide several times about the EFI for the 883 and the 1200 in 2007's model. Reply - " I know nothing.". Finally after 3 times advising him I was about to buy my wife a 1200L, he said - "you really need to wait for the new colors coming in the 2007 lineup". Ha, it's coming for sure with EFI since we couldn't even get near the new engine assembly line. I'll wait.

The same happened to me when I visited the York Plant, PA on June last week and I asked about CVO models....Don't ask...they replied!! [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 08:20:29 AM by jegomez »

BadAss2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2006, 06:28:07 PM »

Cheri's bike is in, We go pick it up next week end, Woohoo.... Babe's can ride with me now.
FLHTCSE2 Candy Cherry
L

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2006, 06:30:50 PM »

Ok, ok, I'm sorry man.  I mean it really sucks when I can't oblige a site member.  So, without regard to the topic (in fact you can pick your own), here goes:

Spider, you dumb sumbitch.  Your idea was the most FUBAR lame assed idea to be loosed on a general population since God created drill sergeants.  If you had the brains God gave Elvis (the stupid guy, not the bike) you'd realize how far lost in space you really went (and this is a surprise from a launch vehicle normally only capable of such sub-orbital shots!).  I mean, get real you New England transplant to the land of milk and Prozac, how the hell do you think that could EVER really happen; you freaking toe headed moron.

(hmm, that sub-orbital crack was actually pretty good; have to remember that one)

NOW YOU SOUND LLIKE ME [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2006, 06:51:23 PM »

Don you must have taken the wind out of his sails with the first post back then.....He just stayed ind a parallel ordit and never re-entered the thread [smiley=ROFLOL.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2006, 06:59:54 PM »

Don you must have taken the wind out of his sails with the first post back then.....He just stayed ind a parallel ordit and never re-entered the thread [smiley=ROFLOL.gif]

Either that; or he had knee surgery and a heart attack and has been recuperating.  I have no fear though; he'll be back.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2006, 07:33:31 PM »

Either that; or he had knee surgery and a heart attack and has been recuperating.  I have no fear though; he'll be back.

That was a lot later though, I think he must be plotting revenge.............

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2006, 07:48:53 PM »

Cheri's bike is in, We go pick it up next week end, Woohoo.... Babe's can ride with me now.

Congrats BadAss...your wife gots a nice bike.... [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Ride Safe,

Jorge
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 21 queries.