Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: PA State Police set up Motorcycle Only Checkpoint  (Read 5067 times)

OhioDave

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited
Re: PA State Police set up Motorcycle Only Checkpoint
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2013, 10:43:41 PM »

OK I am new here and not looking to start a fight or have a heated debate. If you look at my name you can guess my occupation. Different states have different laws but I can tell you in Indiana when we conduct DWI checkpoints we advertise in advance notice. We have a set number that we stick with. Another words we will stop the 6th car for example. One person (usually a boss) will count and it is his sole job to count and verify the count. He notes the race/sex and etc.....If this count would be violated we would no longer receive federal funding and any arrest would then be void. The count is NEVER altered!!!

Now to motorcycle stops. We do not do those and I am not sure they would be legal in Indiana. As a personal note I think they are BS and would not participate. My Dad, Brother, Uncle etc all ride. I belong to a LEMC and damn sure not singling out riders. My point is not all Police are bad and are usually just doing what the Prosecutor/Mayor..etc want them to do with in State Law. I have found that if a place no longer wants the money I, along with other riders spend, then another place is happy to have it and I make sure to voice that in the local area. It is funny how things change when the local business finds out they will lose thousands of dollars... Happy 4th!!!!!         

:2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 21 queries.