Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin’ Eagle® Softail® Springer®

08 CVO Springer Beach Style Bar Options

(1/6) > >>

OZCVO:
Greetings. I've had a few HD's but new to the springer world. I'm moving from a real nice 2016 Deluxe with 34.5" wide Burly Bikini beach bars. I love the wider bar style and comfort.

What are my options for my "new" 08 CV Springer? There appears to be potential riser issues with the tacho. I'm guessing the stock risers are 4" so maybe a 3" would work fine?

Pretty hard to find CVO springer pics with beach style bars!

OZCVO:
Just purchased this 2008 with just 949km's on the clock. Been kept inside in air conditioned comfort to admire as sculpture. Locally sold by my local dealer 10 years ago. It's unmarked and beautiful!

ultrarider123:

--- Quote from: OZCVO on May 16, 2018, 09:21:09 AM ---Just purchased this 2008 with just 949km's on the clock. Been kept inside in air conditioned comfort to admire as sculpture. Locally sold by my local dealer 10 years ago. It's unmarked and beautiful!

--- End quote ---

Nothing here on handlebar suggestion but as I'm sure the dealer has changed all the fluids (including brake and clutch), I'd also replace the tires if they are original equipment.  At 10 years old, that rubber is toast no matter where it's been stored... :2vrolijk_21:

Good luck on all the mods including whatever handlebars you choose and welcome to the CVO world.

gmeikle:
From the Albany Harley dealer I presume ?

Saw it on Gumtree and enquired for a mate. Eventually he bought a "local" 2007 CVO Springer in Wanneroo.

Changing the bars is going to be an exxy exercise unless you are full bottle yourself with internal handlebar rewiring with extensions etc etc.

And as you have mentioned the OEM revcounter is well nigh model unique , as are the risers.

Also the 2008 Springer CVO risers and bars are not compatible with other Softail parts. I know , I have tried and put it in the too hard basket !

OZCVO:
Yep from the Albany HD dealer. Noticed it the day after it was consigned. Left it for a few months. Popped in for my usual occasional dealer cruise and ended up   an offer. Must have been love LoL.

Thanks for the tips.

I'm looking at the WO510 CHUBBY® SPRINGER DRESSER BAR
1-1/4"   4-1/2"H   34-1/2"W   12-1/2"PB      40°WA

On the stock OEM risers can they be fitted without the bottom ring? This would effectively lower the handlebar about 1.5".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version