Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin’ Eagle® Softail® Springer®

08 CVO Springer Beach Style Bar Options

<< < (2/6) > >>

victor:

--- Quote from: gmeikle on May 18, 2018, 06:57:00 AM ---From the Albany Harley dealer I presume ?

Saw it on Gumtree and enquired for a mate. Eventually he bought a "local" 2007 CVO Springer in Wanneroo.

--- End quote ---

Saw that one in Wannaroo, bargain by the look of it!

We need to have a springer ride, get all of them together.

gmeikle:
Yes Victor the 2007 in Wanneroo was a real bargain , and also a sign of the times.

Winter waiting to bite ( as much as it can in WA LOL !), and a market flooded with used Harleys, the PERFECT STORM.

The bike was (like mine) an "import" brought used from the US.

There are way more CVO Springers 07/08/09 in Australia now than were ever sold as "5HD" bikes back when they were new.

imoo6170:
Nice pickup, enjoy.

hogdownunder:
Hi,

Good to see you have joined the Springer club..

I have the same 2008 Springer as yours, 3" risers will only work if you remove the tachometer. You can see the riser extensions under the risers, they are there to allow the tacho to be fitted. You can remove the 1" extensions, but the headlight will touch the tacho..
The 2009 model does not have the riser extensions fitted, this is the reason a tachometer was not installed at the factory on the 2009 model.

The HD CVO Springer is a great bike, I have owned all three CVO Springers (2007,2008 and 2009). I sold the 2009 and still have the 2007 and 2008 models. I actually fitted a tachometer on the 2009 model that I owned, and I had to fit the riser extensions to make it work.

The 2008 model in particular is a great bike. There are only a few genuine Ozzie CVO Springers in this Country as "gmeikle" has suggested. I would say around 20-30 of each Model.

Enjoy you new ride!, If you need to know anything about your bike at all, give me a yell..

I am just about to do quite a few performance upgrades to mine, actually taking them out to 113ci (1,850cc).

I have attached a photo of my bike for you.

Regards

Geoff

imoo6170:

--- Quote from: hogdownunder on June 10, 2018, 11:01:27 PM ---
" I am just about to do quite a few performance upgrades to mine, actually taking them out to 113ci (1,850cc)."

Hi, what are u planning to get done / are you doing it yourself or planning to get a shop to do it (if a shop who?).

I have the 2009 model and have been thinking about doing some type of upgrade (cam etc) but nothing that I have seen / read about so far has really caught my attention as really worthwhile to do. 
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version