Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Freedom True Dual vs Rinehart Duals???  (Read 5189 times)

KEL

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Freedom True Dual vs Rinehart Duals???
« on: January 01, 2007, 12:48:33 PM »

Ok gang,  I have an 06 cuse and have been looking to get a better exhaust then stock.  I have heard a lot here about both these pipes.   I would like to increase hp and sound,  but am worried about getting too loud not to enjoy the long trips without being obnoxous ( other ride is Deuce with Big Radius-- very loud on trips). Its been real nice being able to travel and not have the ears ringing after many miles on the freeway

What are the comparisons between these two -   Sound
                                                                   options to add Kuryakyn passenger pegs - problems?
                                                                   is it real loud for the rider and passenger over stock?
                                                                   ?????

thanks kel

06 FLHTCUSE BLACK CANDY/ CRIMSON
04 Deuce Pearl White
00 Low Rider
Life's great

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: Freedom True Dual vs Rinehart Duals???
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 02:30:09 PM »

Kel,
The mufflers/baffles (or lack there of) are what give you the sound.  If you're looking for somewhat pleasant (read quiet) touring sounds, here's a comparrison chart that I posted in another topic:

Sound and Performance selection chart  
db readings taken @ 3ft behind motorcycle exhaust at 3500rpm

Stock HD mufflers pre 2007 @78db

Stock HD mufflers 2007 @ 80db

V&H Ovals true dual @97db

SE-2 Mufflers @ 100db

Reinhart True Duals @ 102db

Drag pipe no baffle @ 114db

This particular test didn't include the S&S SPO ovals, but I've heard them and they are quieter than the V&H Ovals, but not as quiet as stock.  Also, I talked with V&H about their optional quiet baffle, and they said that it lowers the sound of the stock baffle in the ovals measurably, but doesn't pose a significant loss in power.    

Hope this helps,
Red
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 02:31:11 PM by RedDevil »

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 06:20:27 PM »

Kel;

Both the FCC and RH are made by Bub so they are close.

The FCC and RH pipes are very similiar in sound. Volume wise i would say the are about the same. Tone wise the FCC pipes have a deeper note to them.

One thing that differ in the two is the RH have a full coverage heat shield for the front pipe where the FCC pipes use a two piece shield that does not cover about 4-5 inches of the pipe down by the floor board. The FCC pipes also may have a clearance problem with the billet brake pedal.

I do not know of any issue with either of these and the KuryAkyn pegs.

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 10:34:45 PM »

Red,

You said above that V&H has a quiet baffle for their Ovals.  Is this something new?  There is nothing on their web site about it.

Zeb
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 01:29:13 PM by dakotazeb »

mav7266

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 01:18:18 AM »

Kel

I have the FCC pipes on my BCC. Their sound as states above is very close to the sound of the RH, but with a deeper tone. it has not been too loud any any trip for me and the Mrs. The FCC pipes have the sound I was looking for, but I had thunderheaders on my previous RK. Not much difference in sound.
I did not have a issue with clearence with the brake pedal, works great. The only problem I have had is the FCC pipes use tiny springs to hold on the shields and I have lost a few. The heat from the area not covered by the shields has not been a problem, due to the fact I installed some footboard spacers, my preference, this is not required.
I went with the Freedom package, pipes, PCIII, and SE air cleaner. Bike had decent power and torque, but not quite what I was looking for, so I opted for the Zippers large K&N filter (0800), made a big difference in power and torque and the way the bike ran. I am partially satisfied with this, BUT, this winter I decided to go with the FCC9 package. Just got the parts in, and am scheduling with the indy shop for install. Afterwards I will probably get a custom map and dynoed to see what we have.

Overall I have been pleased with the FCC package (pipes), and have not experienced any problems. But this is a decision you will have to make. Hope this has been some help. Good Luck!

mav7266
Ride Safe! Ride hard! Enjoy Life!!

FLHRSE3

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 01:25:08 PM »

As far as RedDevils chart is concerned would the 65115-98B be considered SE-2’s?

Thanks

Gregg

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 11:42:51 PM »

As far as RedDevils chart is concerned would the 65115-98B be considered SE-2’s?

Thanks

Gregg
I believe they are the SE mufflers that were offered for the 06 bikes...possibly the one's that aren't supposed to be for the 07 FLHTCUSE2.
Red

2012 FLHXSE3

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2007, 11:51:29 PM »

Red,

You said above that [highlight]V&H has a quiet baffle for their Ovals[/highlight].  Is this something new?  There is nothing on their web site about it.

Zeb
I had talked with Vance and Hines about their ovals and the tech rep had mentioned quiet baffles...you're correct, on the website they only mention that the long shots, big shots, and big shot duals, state they have optional quiet baffles.  He didn't mention anything to me about them being or not being available...so I don't know.  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  I was just inquiring as to how much quieter their baffles were and he stated 2-3 db quieter than the stock baffles.  I just mentioned them because some folks may think the standard oval baffles are a bit too loud, which they really aren't IMHO.    

Red

2012 FLHXSE3

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 21 queries.